E4GT Unresponsive after update

datmamiunv

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Ok..not sure if this happened to anyone but I just got my E4GT today and right after I did the update my phone has become completely unresponsive. I cant make any phone calls but occasionally I'll recieve one, I normally use handscent for texting and it doesnt even open the app so I tried the stock app and it doesnt work either, touchwiz keeps getting an error message and asking to force close, changing through homescreens and apps is non existent. I pressed the power button to turn the phone off numerous times and have removed the battery but the phone still doesnt work!!!

CAN ANY ONE HELP ME PLEASE?????

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Ok..not sure if this happened to anyone but I just got my E4GT today and right after I did the update my phone has become completely unresponsive. I cant make any phone calls but occasionally I'll recieve one, I normally use handscent for texting and it doesnt even open the app so I tried the stock app and it doesnt work either, touchwiz keeps getting an error message and asking to force close, changing through homescreens and apps is non existent. I pressed the power button to turn the phone off numerous times and have removed the battery but the phone still doesnt work!!!

CAN ANY ONE HELP ME PLEASE?????
Best bet take to service center let them correct bad OTA update.
They will try factory reset which more then likely will do no good then attempt to flash tar.
The problem with reflash will be that its 31 build update wont take.
From that point let them know you want new device.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Best bet take to service center let them correct bad OTA update.
They will try factory reset which more then likely will do no good then attempt to flash tar.
The problem with reflash will be that its 31 build update wont take.
From that point let them know you want new device.

LOL! But you'll probably have to talk them out of wanting to send the phone to Samsung first. Then again, you could direct the Sprint tech to XDA and tell them to download the full EG30 system TAR that Samsung never gave them. ROFL!

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
LOL! But you'll probably have to talk them out of wanting to send the phone to Samsung first. Then again, you could direct the Sprint tech to XDA and tell them to download the full EG30 system TAR that Samsung never gave them. ROFL!
OP holds the cards hes only had device for a day..
Sprint will have to stink up his current a little more before they will cave on new swap,
Tar 31 will accomplish that f,sure lol

datmamiunv

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks on the feed back. I'll be going to the service center tomorrow and if it can not be fixed I WILL be demanding a new one since I haven't had the device a full 24 hours yet.

Will post back with the outcome..thanks again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurenceNichols