Email app draining battery

mykaterbean

Feb 9, 2019
Visit site
Every time there’s a system update, the settings for my email app revert back to standard ie no restrictions. It drains my battery quickly. The problem is, after I reset the restrictions, they turn themselves off again. I will set it to restrict background use, sleep when not in use and optimize battery usage. After a little while, sometimes same day, sometimes a couple of days later, those settings reset themselves to no restrictions and then the drain happens again. No other apps do this. How do I stop the email app from changing my settings once and for all. I should mention that I don’t want to delete the app, as I do use it. I just don’t want it to change the settings. I have done the cache partition wipe.

mykaterbean

Feb 9, 2019
Visit site
It’s the native email app that was preinstalled. I think I’ll just need to delete it and install something else. I keep setting it to restrict background usage and optimize battery, but every couple hours, those settings shut off and it starts running and draining my battery again.

mykaterbean

Feb 9, 2019
Visit site
I just tried to delete it, but it says it’s cant be deleted. I don’t how to get this app to stop changing my settings. I’ve restricted everything I can find to restrict. Very frustrating.

Last edited:

mykaterbean

Feb 9, 2019
Visit site
I did a partition wipe the last time it happened and it worked, but this time it doesn’t seem to be working. My phone updated a couple days ago and that’s when the email restrictions all turned off and keep turning off even after I reset them. I tried your other suggestion and disabled my email address and again reset all the restrictions. Hopefully that will work. I don’t need the Samsung email app as I have another app I use for my email. I wish I could just delete the app, but it won’t let me. Hopefully removing my email address from the app will prevent it from trying to sync constantly. There has to be some sort of glitch in it. It shouldn’t change my settings unless I allow it to, which I don’t. That setting is turned off as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick