Everything just seems foggy

miller7796

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
I picked up two Atrix's today, one for myself and another for my girlfriend on a share plan. Both phones just seem like they have a haze on the screen, to the point that it becomes slightly painful to use after a lengthy initial setup. Both are running the latest 2.3.4 software and I have cleaned everything on both. The picture quality of both phones also seems this way, like the lens is foggy. I came from an HTC Thunderbolt, so I'm used to a bigger screen, but the screen quality just doesn't seem up to par on the Atrix yet so many reviews are glowing about the screen.

Is there a setting I am missing to make the screen more readable, or did I get two problem phones out of the box?

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
can you post the pictures here please? I have never seen any smartphone that would have a hazy/foggy display...

miller7796

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm beginning to think it's just the pentile display based on other comments I have seen. It looked good in the store but I can feel my eyes straining with it under any lighting and brightness level at home.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
hmmm... can you adjust the brightness? you might have a defective display. I've never experienced anything like that with any phone...

miller7796

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
I've turned the brightness all the way up on both phones. It is a little more tolerable then, but I'm still not a fan. The gf likes hers tho, so she is keeping it. I am switching to the SGSII when it comes out on Sunday.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
SGSII? one the main reasons I most likely will not ne switching to GSII is the display brightness. SAmoled+ is way darker than Atrix's display. have you seen it have you compared both displays side by side? qHD pentile matrix is known for its bright white colors and good direct light readability. but I guess to each his own..

miller7796

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
Yes I have. I had the Epic Touch for a few days with Sprint but returned it due to Sprint's poor coverage. The GSII had, in my opinion, a much easier to read screen and was just fine for me in daylight as well. So I'm not too worried about how AT&T's version will perform.