Evo HDMI out mirroring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tibedabeeto

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply. Did u get some sleep I see you posted something at 3 in the morning now you posting again. You have to be tired.

I just sent the alpha testers another release with more features. Once all features desired are in, we move to beta.
I sent you guys (beta tester pool) an email because if you get to participate in testing, you will need to be on this forum for reporting and sharing testing observations.
I can't think of any more features to add right now, if this passes the alpha testers quality control, and no more suggestions for features, we go straight to beta.

27scoob

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I hope there is an alternate list for beta ..dying to try this on ever hdtv I own ...52in Sharp Aquos , 42in Samsung , 32in , Samsung , 46 in Vizio...sign me up for the testing..ha..ha..cheers..

Adam1422

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Hello,
I had to move the HDMI development thread here:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g-rooting-roms-hacks/htc-...oring-115.html
If you are still interested please follow the project development and announcement there, beta is coming very soon. You are getting this msg because you signed up for beta testing. I am sending this to everybody in the "Alpha testers signups" folder, so you may get it twice or you may already be on AndroidCentral, I apologize for that.

Thanks,

-- orrebmas

I recieved this message from you and am here and ready to start testing! The work you have done is Fing awesome BTW. Thanks again for letting me be a beta tester! I also wanted to add that I have a 42" dlp samsung and a 55" vizio both 1080p 120mhz.

Last edited:

rugedraw

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Got to mess with it a little yesterday. SlingPlayer works great and games have a whole new feel to them. I was playing Skies of Glory which is great because you can fly the plane by just moving the phone and you can keep your eyes on the TV the whole time. I got no flickering or lag at all.

It didn't play nice with one of the three TV's I tested it on. However, that particular TV would make my phone reboot when I would try the OEM HDMI features of the phone. I can attest to the fact that the Evo doesn't get along with certain TV's for whatever reason.

which file did you place in the correct path? "/system/lib/modules"

Did you get this figured out? See post #152 for more details on exactly what I did.

surferdude51

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
If its not too late, I would love to have the opportunity to beta test. I have westinghouse LCD tvs, vizio plasma, Mitsubishi dlp, and a cheapo ebay hdmi to composite adapter that I would love to test with this phone. If not, then I will continue enjoying living vicariously through the YouTube videos of all the awesome testers already on here. Thanks !

shiftwig113

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I just sent the alpha testers another release with more features. Once all features desired are in, we move to beta.
I sent you guys (beta tester pool) an email because if you get to participate in testing, you will need to be on this forum for reporting and sharing testing observations.
I can't think of any more features to add right now, if this passes the alpha testers quality control, and no more suggestions for features, we go straight to beta.

i recieved your pm on xda but without apk...i cannot PM you yet since i dont have 5 posts so i'm really hoping you pm the apk on this forum this way i can provide feedback on your thread here.

Thank you

jroseusn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I USED the.zip file kernel and it worked great. I'm messing around with the updated apk I got last night a lot more succes when I'm able to change x and y res. Currently testing on a 46" 720P LG. I noticed the output on the tv is showing 480P not 720p, and that's with compatibility rendering and super charge on and no inputs in X Y res. Still messing around with it will update in a bit.

EVOLIFE

frontay

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm a little late to the party lol. I used 1200 for x-res and 500 for y-res on landscape, supercharged. It fits my tv perfectly, and is running great.

orrebmas

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
If you would like to be considered for beta testing, instead of posting on the thread please PM me with the following:
- Subject line has to say: "FullHDMI beta tester: yourgoogleaccnt@gmail.com"
- List any info on the TV you have like frequency/supported res..
- If you have a special scenario (or idea) for testing please include that also.

Please follow the described format as it will make it easier for me to parse through the PMs and select candidates.

Reactions: kingtheproducer

702DROID

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
If you would like to be considered for beta testing, instead of posting on the thread please PM me with the following:
- If you have a special scenario (or idea) for testing please include that also.

Please follow the described format as it will make it easier for me to parse through the PMs and select candidates.

info sent

27scoob

May 22, 2010
Visit site

Sent my info also ... can't wait..cheers..

orrebmas

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
When we start beta, my vision is that the state of the app at the time will be release quality. For that there are a few things that need to happen before Beta starts:
1- Better UI. Right now the UI is down right ugly. It is very minimal and not suitable for a respectful release. This is how it looks like:
2817h1c.png

2- Code clean-up and user friendly output. While the app works for sure, it will not say why it failed in case it does. All you will get is dead silence, not a biggie but needs to be adjusted.

About the user interface, I will be putting time into it this weekend hopefully. I am, however, open to design suggestions or even implementations. If you have some free time and want to join the donators list, you can do so and have your UI published with the app. You will be helping test the UI and ultimately get the app to the public sooner. If interested there is a program called DroidDraw that may come in handy.

A quick erratum about the app:
To achieve hardware acceleration, video memory (minimal) has to be used. Some poorly coded programs that also use video memory will try to grab a hold of the entire memory block instead of the available. This will cause them to crash when you are in hardware mode reserving a small block of memory to yourself. The only application that I found to be doing this is, strangely enough, HTC's Gallery (specifically video playback mode). Gallery video playback will keep trying to acquire the whole video memory, put the phone in a tight infinite loop doing so and eventually force close (after about 40 sec).
Compatibility or software mode does not use video memory and is safe to keep on while launching Galley video playback. Compatibility mode also does not make use of the "supercharged" feature, custom res or fullscreen mode.

Noj

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
When we start beta, my vision is that the state of the app at the time will be release quality. For that there are a few things that need to happen before Beta starts:
1- Better UI. Right now the UI is down right ugly. It is very minimal and not suitable for a respectful release. This is how it looks like:
2817h1c.png

2- Code clean-up and user friendly output. While the app works for sure, it will not say why it failed in case it does. All you will get is dead silence, not a biggie but needs to be adjusted.

About the user interface, I will be putting time into it this weekend hopefully. I am, however, open to design suggestions or even implementations. If you have some free time and want to join the donators list, you can do so and have your UI published with the app. You will be helping test the UI and ultimately get the app to the public sooner. If interested there is a program called DroidDraw that may come in handy.

A quick erratum about the app:
To achieve hardware acceleration, video memory (minimal) has to be used. Some poorly coded programs that also use video memory will try to grab a hold of the entire memory block instead of the available. This will cause them to crash when you are in hardware mode reserving a small block of memory to yourself. The only application that I found to be doing this is, strangely enough, HTC's Gallery (specifically video playback mode). Gallery video playback will keep trying to acquire the whole video memory, put the phone in a tight infinite loop doing so and eventually force close (after about 40 sec).
Compatibility or software mode does not use video memory and is safe to keep on while launching Galley video playback. Compatibility mode also does not make use of the "supercharged" feature, custom res or fullscreen mode.

I just sent ya a pm, I'm interested in helping out with the graphics.
702droid, flipzmode and I all go way back, I help out with flipz's graphics all the time and was the one that made all the custom locks and such on his website.

inshort: flip makes the code...I make em pretty...and 702droid breaks em and finds the flaws lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goodweather2024