EVO update 3.70.651.1 pushing out now!

woodiah

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
All my problems went away after I did what I guess is a real reboot, I held the volume button up while holding the powering on and selected reboot from the system screen...

sent from EVO using Taptalk Pro

woodiah

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Ok maybe its just me, but I installed the new update and yes Swype was included. I see it listed in all applications, however, it isn't working on my EVO. Is there a specific way to make Swype work.

While in a "text entry" field (i.e. Text message) long press within the field and select input method, then select swype.

thegasman

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
All my problems went away after I did what I guess is a real reboot, I held the volume button up while holding the powering on and selected reboot from the system screen...

I just tried this and still cant stream unless using wifi. Were you having that problem also?

TishaCombs

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
... and like the huge n00b that I'm not... I got so excited about the update that I DIDN'T uninstall the beta of swype first.

Yeah... I don't deserve this phone. lol

I've become accustomed to ShapeWriter but not opposed to giving Swype a fair assessment... how do I rectify this?

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk

Tre Lawrence

May 13, 2010
Visit site
... and like the huge n00b that I'm not... I got so excited about the update that I DIDN'T uninstall the beta of swype first.

Yeah... I don't deserve this phone. lol

I've become accustomed to ShapeWriter but not opposed to giving Swype a fair assessment... how do I rectify this?

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk

I think I heard of folks uninstalling/rebooting... this should leave the "system" Swype on your device.

kc1974

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Is there any way to revert back to the software version prior to the update or root to an older rom after updating?
This release is beyond terrible: streaming audio and video no longer work; whenever a 4G connection drops, in the past it used to find it again all on its own, now, if you lose 4G, it'll tell you it found it again, but you have to wake the phone up and reconnect manually; more bloatware; for me, drops the 3G connection constantly. At a guess, the change to 4G was down to people complaining about battery use with 4G on. If you're in a 4G area, leave 4G on. If you're not, turn it off. This change basically means that those who live in a 4G area now constantly have to wake their phone to reconnect. Won't this helpful change mean our batteries will suck even more from constantly waking the phone up? How are people supposed to drive with 4G? Keep looking at the phone just incase it drops the connection?

LevisBmom

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Please Help! The update bricked my EVO, went to Sprint repair and got a new phone. The update showed up on this phone, I downloaded it but I am scared to install it. Should I take out my memory card when Install it? Please Help!

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Please Help! The update bricked my EVO, went to Sprint repair and got a new phone. The update showed up on this phone, I downloaded it but I am scared to install it. Should I take out my memory card when Install it? Please Help!

no - do not take out the memory card. just make sure your phone has a good charge and try again.

Reactions: LevisBmom

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Have not received an email through my Gmail accounts since updating.

FAIL.

maybe try -

1. power down and power back up.
2. settings--->apps--->Gmail--->clear data cache
3. remove Gmail account from the EVO and then re-add it.
4. power down and power back up again.
5. press sync all.
6. send a test email from a non-Gmail account.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site

your EVO needs the card installed in order to do the update.

LevisBmom

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Thanks update worked, now I can finish downloading programs. I was really sad when the first update bricked my phone. I love the EVO. It is amazing. Now I have to set up new evo the way I like it.

dzuchowski

Banned
Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
yeah, I uninstalled the Swype Beta and Installer and now all is fine and dandy, as for a previous post i saw regarding the fact that someone frowned on HTC/Sprint adding Blockbuster, well Netflix has been dragging their butts putting out an Android App so kudos to Blockbuster to be the first on the block with an Android App and they are trying to get back some market share and doing something about it like catering to us folks living in the droid world. Maybe this will fuel the Netflix people to get busy.

people would have alot less issues if they simply reset storage first and then install the updated firmware / system software. Think of your EVO as a PC never do an upgrade always do a full install then do the "windows updates" then install the software like your games and all.

cg1492

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't mind getting all that useless software if there was a easy way to remove it. I wounder if a class action lawsuit could be filed for preinstalling unwanted software and not being able to remove it. Kinda like microsoft was in teh whole ie installtion scandle? Yes I know I can root and uninstall the stuff, but I have not looked into rooting enough to do it. Plus I don;t want a permenant root on the phone, only long enough to uninstall the crap.

Tre Lawrence

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't mind getting all that useless software if there was a easy way to remove it. I wounder if a class action lawsuit could be filed for preinstalling unwanted software and not being able to remove it. Kinda like microsoft was in teh whole ie installtion scandle? Yes I know I can root and uninstall the stuff, but I have not looked into rooting enough to do it. Plus I don;t want a permenant root on the phone, only long enough to uninstall the crap.

Don't know that you have cause to sue, but I have been wrong before. The update is not mandatory.

A little different from MS's nonsense, IIRC.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky