Evo will not update for me

bengooch7#AC

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I had a rooted evo done using unrevoked. I tried to install the GB OTA update knowing it would probably break my root, so I clicked install now and it rebooted the phone into the stock recovery mode and it just sits there. I clicked reboot hoping it would continue its update process but it just boots the phone back up and asks if I want to install the update now, repeating the cycle. I have tried this about 4 times. Any ideas?

mercer_123

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same issue on all 3 of my families evos. Going to unroot today and reload image. and then reroot. will let you know how I made out in the morning. let me guess you are also getting the trianlge with the yellow ! point in it

bengooch7#AC

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Actually, no. It just sends me to the stock recovery and I select reboot and it dies nothing after it reboots. Except ask if I want to install the update.

mercer_123

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
correct I am getting the same thing. believe we need to us urr to unroot the phone. which will reinstall a fresh rom. do the updates form HTC. and they reroot phone

bengooch7#AC

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Does this update show up as a firmware update or a HTC update? I just tried to start the update in my Fiance's phone and when I try to update the firmware it says nothing is available. It showed up under an HTC update. 4.something.

mercer_123

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
found a file name this supersonic_4.22.651.2_odexed_rooted-signed... used rom manager to still. have update andriod on my computer now. now it on all three phones no problem

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
correct I am getting the same thing. believe we need to us urr to unroot the phone. which will reinstall a fresh rom. do the updates form HTC. and they reroot phone

That could work.... that is if a dev comes up with a way to root the ota update once it's install.

Things that rooted 2.2, like unrevoked3 and z4Root and other command methods "won't" work on the GB release.

Sent From The Tree House Out Back!

bwilliams08

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
evo

can someone please help me update my phone i had no idea it was rooted and obviously i am figuring out that it is....so can someone please walk me through on how to get the update....

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
If youre rooted, use the guide in my signature to update. If you want to unroot, use the sticky in the root section and go that route.

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
to get mine to work while rooted I needed to run a 3.70RUU and then once that was done I needed to run HTC updates and then let them download and run.

Wasnt a quick or easy process, but that did it for me.

(that was rooted with UNrevoked forever. It is unrooted, but S is still off)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali