Extremely upset

Icon

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I tell you what, after the Verizon event today @ CES, I feel very unsatisfied. So Im gonna vent a little. Yesterday Moto announced the beast that is the Atrix 4G for AT&T. So I expected something great from Verizon, but unfortunately I was left wondering. The closest thing they announced (in terms of smartphones), is the Moto Bionic. Now I understand that it's dual core, and that is good (especially considering it is the only dual core smartphone to be announced on VZW), but it still lacks that extra X factor to take it to the next level. I mean whats up with the Atrix 4G having 1G RAM, but the Bionic only having 512MB? I just don't get it. Then to say that the Thunderbolt (still a horrible name) and the LG Revolution are disappointments, well its just a huge understatement. Why bring out and tout these next gen phones, with last gen hardware? I refuse to switch to AT&T, cause I just can't stand their network, but Verizon has lost a large amount of my respect. They are supposed to be Android kings, but they let AT&T take it to them this time around. Keep in mind this little vent session is smartphones only. The Xoom is amazing, and I will be buying one, but I am also in the market for a new phone...but I don't know if Im willing to extend my contract for any of these devices. Anybody on Verizon feel the same way?

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Please, at least you folks got some Android phones, T-Mobile got a tablet, faster 4g, and the Cliq 2... and a promise of FUTURE handsets with 4g, pretty sad that T-Mobile has no dual core devices. Oh well, now a lot of people might not even care if the Nexus S hits At&t or Verizon, they have their Bionics and Infuses to tout with. Still thinking carrier skin customization is what makes the Nexus S better than these dual core devices. After all, a device with dual core will not matter because dual core is not supported yet, YET.

Sent from my Nexus S

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
The Bionic doesn't look that bad. With the dual core running 512mb there really wont be a noticeable difference in speed compared to the Atrix 1G of ram. The DX only has 512mb without a dual core processor and it still runs fast. It might also help the battery life. Slap a custom Rom on that thing and with 4G network speeds it will be blazing fast.

Icon

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Your wrong. The iPhone will not be launched in the next month. I would be extremely surprised if it was. IF they get the iPhone at all, your looking June at the earliest. And VZW would not put Android on the back burner, Android is what brought VZW back to smartphone relevance. Sure they would like to have the iPhone, just to have every possible choice for their customers, but they no longer need it (like they did before Android). But ever since they became the premier carrier for Android, the iPhone has become just a novelty (as it should be), and Android has proven to be the bread winner (as it should be).

Icon

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Plus don't you think if they were going to launch it that soon, that they would have announced it at CES?

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
It looks awesome but as far as current tech it's last years stuff low Res screen ok camera and decent app storage should have been released in November

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
dont disagree

LMAO i guess todays presentation put that to rest ;)

all those IOS phones really lit up the stage

Not saying android will be put on the back burners but this was VZW big lte event, were does a non lte equipped iPhone fit into that? Now I don't doubt the iPhone will come but who knows how Verizon will market it. If it will be marketed to those who just want a solid device, with android going to those that want cutting edge. or if it will be like Att with the iPhone the hallow device screw everyone else.

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Please, at least you folks got some Android phones, T-Mobile got a tablet, faster 4g, and the Cliq 2... and a promise of FUTURE handsets with 4g, pretty sad that T-Mobile has no dual core devices. Oh well, now a lot of people might not even care if the Nexus S hits At&t or Verizon, they have their Bionics and Infuses to tout with. Still thinking carrier skin customization is what makes the Nexus S better than these dual core devices. After all, a device with dual core will not matter because dual core is not supported yet, YET.

Sent from my Nexus S

What about the G-Slate. I think it is dual-core.

Icon

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Thats a very good point Jerry, but just knowing that another device has a little bit better specs is a big deal to me. That is the main reason why I didn't jump all over the Fascinate when it came out, 384mb RAM to 512 on the X.