Failed factory reset, flashes image of bot on back with exclamation

gellfex

Jul 24, 2018
Visit site
My wife's phone is in trouble. Was locking on white screen, having problems getting fully booted, then giving message of Playstore crashing. So I followed directions to factory reset via hardware buttons, started the reset, and now it's a black screen occasionally flashing that "robot on back with exclamation" screen from which I got to reset. I did this several times and it's the same.

Honestly I'm not sure of the model, it isn't marked anywhere on the phone, it's the type with the removable rim rather than whole back. I think it's an E.

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
If you haven't already try this:

When the image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark appears-

Press and hold the Power button, press the Volume Up button once and then release the Power button.

gellfex

Jul 24, 2018
Visit site
If you haven't already try this:

When the image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark appears-

Press and hold the Power button, press the Volume Up button once and then release the Power button.

That's how I got to where I am. but the robot only appears for a flash now every minute or so. By holding down the power button and the down button I can restart the process but always end up in the same place.

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
That's how I got to where I am. but the robot only appears for a flash now every minute or so. By holding down the power button and the down button I can restart the process but always end up in the same place.

Okay, just to make sure: you're holding down the power button, tapping the volume up button and then releasing the power button?

gellfex

Jul 24, 2018
Visit site
Okay, just to make sure: you're holding down the power button, tapping the volume up button and then releasing the power button?

Yes, I get to the menu and select reset, I get the screen with 2 dozen "no"s and one "yes", select it and it ends up as described. I think It's time to just pick up a refurb G4 play for $70 on Ebay, put this E2 to rest, and move on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbbunny