Fascinate MR2 (DL09) Waiting Lounge: Annnouncement Now on Verizon's Website

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
The iPhone has nothing to do with the Fascinate, or any other VZW phone for that matter. Verizon won't be doing anything with the iPhone, just like AT&T doesn't do anything with it. Any updates will come directly from Apple.

adellc3

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
This update needs to get here so I can stop obsessing over it. >:/
I think this is the most I've ever been on this forum.
I know I can just flash it, but idk how to... I'm still a newbie.

adellc3

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

xeroslash

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site

don't be afraid. i remember on my blackberry i was so afraid to install a leaked OS or even hybrid OS, but looking at the instructions here for flashing this update to your phone, it seems much easier and less complicated than it ever did for my blackberry.

Give it a shot, I say. Even if something went wrong (which i doubt it would) you got plenty of helpful people around here. AC rocks.

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I don't get it. Did this thread get moved to the "oh god they did it to us AGAIN!!!" section?

Nevermind, i see what you did there. Anyway...

Anyone else see this in the XDA notes: "If already in a locked state, the device will now remain locked when placed in the desk dock or car dock."

Does this include the password lock?

Last edited:

lauranelli

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I have to admit I have had the phone for one month and am really just reading and learning, and I have yet to hook it up to my PC and these updates freak me out LOL!! Lame I know!

bluevolume

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I have to admit I have had the phone for one month and am really just reading and learning, and I have yet to hook it up to my PC and these updates freak me out LOL!! Lame I know!

You're in a forum for "hackers" and phone geeks. A lot of this info is just noise to the vast majority of phone owners -- no need to get freaked out about it.

The update will come to your phone automatically once Verizon pushes it. You don't need to download anything, hook it up to your computer, etc. This thread (and a lot of this site) is for people who want to push the envelope and get better, faster, more...

Ewing33855

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Hasn't anyone gotten it OTA yet??

It'll start pushing tomorrow the 12th. I called customer service for billing and asked about upgrade. She went into her internal resource center and the rep said that on her end, she sees the push will happen tomorrow.

Not sure if it's the truth but it's something.

Timmedic

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I paid the etf to leave AT&T, had the iphone 4, and now I've had the fascinate for 1 month. This is my first experience with Android. I can honestly say I was an iphone fanboy before I switched and even though this update isn't froyo I am still 10 times happier with my android experience than I ever was with my iphone 3g or 4. Thought this may make someone feel a bit better, on the day that vzw announced their iphone at least one guy was willing to pay to switch to android from apple.

Reactions: jbr05ki

Johnny_Mac

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
It's available.

I downloaded the update last night around 8pm on my wife's Fascinate. Go into Settings/About Phone and check for updates. Make sure your wifi is off otherwise it will tell you there are no updates. It has to check through the cell data or it won't find it.

Haven't had time to play with it yet but the install was quick and seamless. Haven't done mine yet because I'm rooted and running a custom ROM.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I paid the etf to leave AT&T, had the iphone 4, and now I've had the fascinate for 1 month. This is my first experience with Android. I can honestly say I was an iphone fanboy before I switched and even though this update isn't froyo I am still 10 times happier with my android experience than I ever was with my iphone 3g or 4. Thought this may make someone feel a bit better, on the day that vzw announced their iphone at least one guy was willing to pay to switch to android from apple.

Good post @Timmedic. People who went form iPhone to Android will never go back to iPhone, IMO. One you get an Android device, and see all that it can do (even without root) compared to the iPhone, you won't miss the iPhone at all.

Meltarrus

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I am new here but enjoying the podcast and articles. I had a thought based on an online conversation that I had with Samsung. It is totally speculation but...

On more that one occasion Verizon has posted the wrong update info. I had an Eris that happened with. Since the manufacturer is pushing out the update, might it really be Froyo? My online conversation with Samsung had me wondering.

Visitor: Good morning. I understand there is an software update available for my Verizon Fascinate. Is that true? (released Jan, 10 2011.
Phelps: I understand that you want to know about the Software update for your mobile. Am I correct?
Visitor: Yes.
Phelps: Thanks for the confirmation.
Phelps: May I have 2 minutes of time, while I check our Database and provide you the relevant information?
Visitor: Yes
Phelps: Thank you.
Phelps: Thanks for holding.
Phelps: I would like to inform you that, as of now the Android 2.2 which is the latest update for your mobile, is not officially released in US. However, it should be released in upcoming days. Once the update get's released it is going to be posted on the Samsung Website Download center for your convenience.

Meltarrus

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Forgot to add this part:
Phelps: However, I would like to inform you that, it should be released by the upcoming day's.
Phelps: As the update preparation is at the final stage.