Fascinate MR2 (DL09) Waiting Lounge: Annnouncement Now on Verizon's Website

Timmedic

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanks @NickA I am truly happy with Android as a platform, learning curve hasn't been too intimidating either. Wish I could convince more people who may be on the fence that Android is truly the better investment.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
OK so the 10th has come and gone. Not even 1 soul has chimed in with the I HAVE IT shout. Pushed in waves? One of those waves woulda hit someone here on the forums.

Call this an update? Update our frustration/disgust...

I still love this phone tho

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
So, announced on the 10th and pushed on the 12th...
The 12th is just another day like the 10th was. I'm just saying they say this day or that day.

we shall see.

Chrisvklein

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
...People who went form iPhone to Android will never go back to iPhone...

this thread and the accompanying thread about where is froyo is the exact reasons that I'm going back to iPhone on Feb 10th...

developments in the android community are stiffled by manufacturers putting their own "spin" on android, and carriers bloating the final product. devices with 2.3 are OUT, 2.4 is on the horizon, heck, 3.0 is already seen on tablet devices, and i'm sure will be hot on the tails of 2.4, yet we're on 2.1 with a very new hardware set, and still waiting for the Samsung/Verizon hack job of 2.2

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
this thread and the accompanying thread about where is froyo is the exact reasons that I'm going back to iPhone on Feb 10th...

developments in the android community are stiffled by manufacturers putting their own "spin" on android, and carriers bloating the final product. devices with 2.3 are OUT, 2.4 is on the horizon, heck, 3.0 is already seen on tablet devices, and i'm sure will be hot on the tails of 2.4, yet we're on 2.1 with a very new hardware set, and still waiting for the Samsung/Verizon hack job of 2.2

This. Android fragmentation will set this OS back if something isn't done. But what can be done? Open source at it's finest. You have Apple, and now Windows Phone 7 pushing updates, so all their phones run the same OS. Sure, the carriers love to hack at the OS and the manufactures love to put a new face on Android, each one trying to define what it is by the way it looks. It ends up being no one (except hackers) can update the OS.

I think Android is a "prisoner of the moment" kind of thing, and will be until the update thing calms down a bit. I love Google updates the OS at a lightening pace, but it's only as fast as it's slowest carrier to implement the update.

TroobAdore

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
yep. i updated to this firmware last night. works great. if you do it via Odin MAKE SURE YOU BACKUP ALL DATA VIA TITANIUM BACKUP. GPS is sooo much better. Received navigation within 10 seconds. Corey are there any custom ROMs available for DL09 yet? Thanx

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
yep. i updated to this firmware last night. works great. if you do it via Odin MAKE SURE YOU BACKUP ALL DATA VIA TITANIUM BACKUP. GPS is sooo much better. Received navigation within 10 seconds. Corey are there any custom ROMs available for DL09 yet? Thanx

Check out the ROM's and hacks section. There are some, yes.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I downloaded the update last night around 8pm on my wife's Fascinate. Go into Settings/About Phone and check for updates. Make sure your wifi is off otherwise it will tell you there are no updates. It has to check through the cell data or it won't find it.

Haven't had time to play with it yet but the install was quick and seamless. Haven't done mine yet because I'm rooted and running a custom ROM.

It gave you the update, even though you're running a custom ROM? That's the first time I've ever heard of that happening.

rapideyemovement

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Good post @Timmedic. People who went form iPhone to Android will never go back to iPhone, IMO. One you get an Android device, and see all that it can do (even without root) compared to the iPhone, you won't miss the iPhone at all.

I'm one. There is something I miss - universal cut n' paste.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter