Fascinate MR2 (DL09) Waiting Lounge: Annnouncement Now on Verizon's Website

jsimonetti

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
For US customers, we use InnoPath ActiveCare to receive OTA updates, not Samsung Kies that is used elsewhere in the world. InnoPath Connects to Verizons systems to dish out the OTA update.

mrbailey02

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
You know in a semi-perfect world there would be an option to either download the update from the phone manufacture and the service provider but who am I kidding this is BigRed we all are talking about. They can care less if we get an update to semi fix a gps problem that could potentially save our lives someday. Wow, maybe that was to dramatic.

jsimonetti

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
This release is from Samsung at some level is it not? It would have been Samsung engineers who would have worked on fixing the GPS issues (and everything else) not Verizon techs, correct? I thought Verizon was only responsible for getting the update to us.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Verizon needs to incorporate their bloatware and navi and all y
The other VZW stuff..Verizon already has the update so the fact you do not have it at this moment is on verizon
This release is from Samsung at some level is it not? It would have been Samsung engineers who would have worked on fixing the GPS issues (and everything else) not Verizon techs, correct? I thought Verizon was only responsible for getting the update to us.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

jsimonetti

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Lol, I just cant wait to have my 4 buttons at the bottom stay lit, gotta admit when I first got my phone it was frustrating trying to use them in the dark.

bluevolume

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Verizon needs to incorporate their bloatware and navi and all y
The other VZW stuff..Verizon already has the update so the fact you do not have it at this moment is on verizon

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

I'm surprised to see you are posting this; you're not a newbie here.

Verizon has absolutely nothing to do with building the software image, they simply pass their requirements on to the manufacturer and they do the work. VZ Nav, VCast, etc,; are all added by Samsung, per Verizon's spec, before its turned over to V for testing. This is why you often see so many gaps in the rev numbers -- manufacturer builds image 1, Verizon tests it and says 'fail', manufacturer builds image 2, and so on.

Its hard to say exactly what is causing the delay, but its not for any software development that Verizon is doing for the phone.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Its hard to say exactly what is causing the delay, but its not for any software development that Verizon is doing for the phone.

well either way its out of samsungs hands at this point. verizon already said they had it, most likely the hold up has to do with how they push the update OTA

linusan

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I just called Verizon and they suggested that I try calling *228 then choosing option 2 to update the phone. Does this make any sense to anyone?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I just called Verizon and they suggested that I try calling *228 then choosing option 2 to update the phone. Does this make any sense to anyone?

Doesnt that have to do with roaming capabilities,,,,no one is reporting to have got the update so chances are they just havnt hit go yet

Brettdacosta

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
My work makes me use Nitro Touchdown for my work email. IT guy said that it had to be done this way because of security unless I had 2.2. I'm just running the 30 day trial right now, but I never thought I would have gotten to the end of it without seeing Froyo. Guess I needed to rethink.

I saw somewhere in reading every page on this thread that it does something with exchange. Not really sure what this means, but will this update be secure enough and possibly allow me to run my work email without needing TouchDown?

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
My work makes me use Nitro Touchdown for my work email. IT guy said that it had to be done this way because of security unless I had 2.2. I'm just running the 30 day trial right now, but I never thought I would have gotten to the end of it without seeing Froyo. Guess I needed to rethink.

I saw somewhere in reading every page on this thread that it does something with exchange. Not really sure what this means, but will this update be secure enough and possibly allow me to run my work email without needing TouchDown?

Have you used the stock email app with Exchange? It's really horrid compared to Touchdown. You're security guy probably wants support for remote wipe, which I don't think this release supports.