Fascinate MR2 (DL09) Waiting Lounge: Annnouncement Now on Verizon's Website

hillview

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
How long have the droid incredible and droid x had 2.2? My point is that this phone has been out way to long to be running 2.1. I sold my eris to get this phone, which was running 2.1 . The only reason I "upgraded" is because there was no official 2.2 coming for the eris. I'm not in to all the custom roms and switching files and stuff. I just want it to work, not freeze up, and not lose GPS signal. Is this to much to ask? oh , Still no new software available.

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the "trying to be patient" mode, too. My plan is to get the pushed version, then root.

Should be a good plan, because by the time all this happens, I'll be very old and retired and have plenty of time to devote to the project.

Reactions: ayhowarya

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Anyone spoken to Verizon today to find out why they posted an update and it is still not available? I am on hold right now.

"You have reached Verizon Wireless Customer Service. We are busy today learning about iPhones, which is the only thing we care about going forward and which we know will cause an overwhelming volume of calls. If you are calling about a problem with an Android phone, please dial *FU (*38), and we will deal with your call (or not) in the same slow, random order we are using for your updates."

srobens

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
"You have reached Verizon Wireless Customer Service. We are busy today learning about iPhones, which is the only thing we care about going forward and which we know will cause an overwhelming volume of calls. If you are calling about a problem with an Android phone, please dial *FU (*38), and we will deal with your call (or not) in the same slow, random order we are using for your updates."
Glad I'm not the olny one getting that automated message!

hoytshooter

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Hi were VZW we will sell you a new Android device at 199.99 and in three months replace it with a new up to date phone you CAN NOT get. Oh and by the way we will (end of life) your new device and refuse to push or create any new OS to your phone to keep it updatd and fast. BTW we have your $160 a month and tats really all we cared about in the begining..... why? Because were almost a monopoly....... sucker.

saabguy2005

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
How long have the droid incredible and droid x had 2.2? My point is that this phone has been out way to long to be running 2.1. I sold my eris to get this phone, which was running 2.1 . The only reason I "upgraded" is because there was no official 2.2 coming for the eris. I'm not in to all the custom roms and switching files and stuff. I just want it to work, not freeze up, and not lose GPS signal. Is this to much to ask? oh , Still no new software available.

I sold my Droid OG running 2.2 to get this effing phone!!:mad:

JeremytheIndian

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Funny thing about this whole update/it's not froyo debacle is that it finally made me fed up enough to flash a new radio, rom and kernel. All went well with my many resources I found here. Now I am running JT's Super Clean DJ05 with Geeknik's Stupidfast 1.54... Let's see how this works out!

knightbb

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
I get you man the same thing happened to me just now.. I was chating with an Verizon online help and this guy was the most dumb person i ever had the displeasure of talking to.. i was talking about the fascinate and droid x and the update that we might or will or maybe one year in another Dimension we might see the froyo and the MR2 (DL09) gods.. And this guy had no information and thought that the droid x had a better camera and thought that 8.0 camera is what makes the camera and the newest OS. And I just flipped out on this guy. And dropped some facts on his ass.. 8.0 means nothing if the software cant separate the colors and make the picture rich and beautiful and the display on the fascinate is better than the droid x when you think about it the only think the x has is the hdmi and the buttons on the front. and the fascinate is being screwed in being under supporter and being forced in having no flash also a broken GPS. when we all know a simple OS update would fix all of it!!

But why would Verizon care about that..Yahooo Iphone 4 with reception problems and no free GPS but hey you might be able get a phone glove for it
:D

jsimonetti

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
When I open the OTA application on my Verizon Fascinate the "Check New" option tells me there are no updates, and the "Status" option says Status: Server unavailable(I'm doing this over 3g). North east Pennsylvania. Samsung why are you breaking my heart.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
What do verizons servers have to do with samsung
When I open the OTA application on my Verizon Fascinate the "Check New" option tells me there are no updates, and the "Status" option says Status: Server unavailable(I'm doing this over 3g). North east Pennsylvania. Samsung why are you breaking my heart.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk