Fast charging not working.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hmmmm... strange. Yeah, the reports I've seen are actually the charger's or cable fault, but yours does seem to have been the phone or the USB port itself. Congratulations on being the first? haha Hope it's an isolated case though. Manufacturing issues do abound in first-batch phones.

Ericks89

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Fast Charging used to have a setting, now it's automatic. If there is enough juice you'll see a notification letting you know fast charging is enabled, it's automatic now.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I believe the switch is still there, under Power Saving settings. In any case, OP says the message didn't show up for him, so it was definitely not fast-charging.

Ericks89

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
I have several Android lollipop devices and can safely say it's no longer a setting, it's built right into the OS and the manufacture just needs to add the hardware to be able to take use of it. It WAS a setting it prior to 5.0, I've never seen it on any device since the Lollipop upgrade. I checked all battery and power saving settings, it's not an option out of the 10 devices I have.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That's odd. I've seen posts from people with S6's saying they do have the option. I can't confirm since I don't have one and my Note 4 hasn't been updated to LP yet (it has, but I'm traveling so I can't get the update yet).

edgeofgalaxy

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Seriously, check to make sure the cable is pushed all the way into the charger. It needs to be pushed all the way in. Mine felt like it was in and my fast charging didn't work. When I took a second look, there was still room for the cable to be inserted, but it took a little more effort. It works fine now.

Posted via the Android Central App

I agree with this suggestion! I just found out that is why my edge was not "fast charging"! Plug it in!!

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Hmmmm... strange. Yeah, the reports I've seen are actually the charger's or cable fault, but yours does seem to have been the phone or the USB port itself. Congratulations on being the first? haha Hope it's an isolated though. Manufacturing issues do abound in first-batch phones.

Very strange indeed! Even still, regular charging was messed up. It took five hours to charge using the OEM charger that came with it. And for the heck of it at the store when they gave me the new one I tried the new charger in the old phone before they put it away and it still didn't work. Definitely a hardware failure. Just glad I got to get it replaced right away. Hoepfully no one else has this issue.

Android2001

May 3, 2015
Visit site
I've had my edge for a few days now and everything has worked fine. Today however, fast charging is not working. Just went to plug it in and it said six hours until fully charged. Thought it was just because it was at 6% and need some more power or something to start the fast charge? Doesn't seem so. I tried different wall outlets and it's still not fast charging. I am using the charger that came with the phone. It's charging so incredibly slow. Please excuse the way I wrote this, I'm incredibly tired.

Sounds weird but when this happened to me I just pushed the USB cable into the power source of the charger cause I noticed it was loose and it fixed it.

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Sounds weird but when this happened to me I just pushed the USB cable into the power source of the charger cause I noticed it was loose and it fixed it.

I know, it's been said multiple times to me by people lol. Tried other fast chargers, including the oem Samsung one. It was an issue with the device.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hahaha Well, if it happens again, apparently you know what to do: PUSH THE CABLE!!! Hehehehehe

(People might need to read the entire thread to get it :p)

legend221

May 11, 2015
Visit site
You have to use a compatible charger to make use of the fastest charging. Some manufacturers skimp on this to raise revenue unfortunately.

Starr Tremore

May 12, 2015
Visit site
I just got my S6 edge the other day and it my fast charge isn't working either. I have tired everything and I am using the cord and adapter that the phone came with. I have looked in the battery settings and found no ON/OFF switch. This is very upsetting :(

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I just got my S6 edge the other day and it my fast charge isn't working either. I have tired everything and I am using the cord and adapter that the phone came with. I have looked in the battery settings and found no ON/OFF switch. This is very upsetting :(

Just bring it back and they'll swap it for free, my issue was the phone itself so they just gave me a new one. (box and charger and everything)

Sinistrad

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, this started happening to me as well as of a few days ago on my S6 Edge. I have 3 different fast chargers - all 3 used to work - and now none work. Even after a factory reset and/or the phone off, charging is a mere trickle. I'll be taking it to the AT&T shop soon.

John Woo1

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Adaptive fast charging will kick in only when the screen is off and not while the screen is on and using it. Try to turn of the screen, not using it for few min and turn back on too see any different.

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Adaptive fast charging will kick in only when the screen is off and not while the screen is on and using it. Try to turn of the screen, not using it for few min and turn back on too see any different.

My phone quick chargers with the screen on, so not sure what you're talking about.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter