Fast charging not working.

Sinistrad

May 25, 2013
Visit site
One way we've been able to tell if it's fast charging or not is the charging notification that pops up the moment you plug a USB charger in. It specifies "Fast Charging" vs "Cable Charging", with the ETA to full charge.

For my phone, with now FOUR fast chargers tested (Samsung, 2x Motorola, 3rd party) I do not get "Fast Charging" anymore, just "Cable Charging." What's worse is that the ETA to 100% from, say 30%, is 5 hours. That is NOT even normal charging speed, IMHO.

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
One way we've been able to tell if it's fast charging or not is the charging notification that pops up the moment you plug a USB charger in. It specifies "Fast Charging" vs "Cable Charging", with the ETA to full charge.

For my phone, with now FOUR fast chargers tested (Samsung, 2x Motorola, 3rd party) I do not get "Fast Charging" anymore, just "Cable Charging." What's worse is that the ETA to 100% from, say 30%, is 5 hours. That is NOT even normal charging speed, IMHO.

There's something wrong there then. When my phone was messed up no quick charger would work and it took almost 7(!) hours to charge the Phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

faraza

May 18, 2015
Visit site
This just happened to me too...I was about to restart the phone, but I unplugged and plugged it back in a couple of times and it worked. It was plugged into a small power outlet extension in my wall along with my laptop charger and a lamp. I ended up unplugging everything, then plugging my phone in, and it worked (it was fine once I plugged my laptop charger back in, though, so I'm not sure if this was just a coincidence).

Good to know it might be an issue with the phone though :/

faraza

May 18, 2015
Visit site
btt1725:
Mine wasn't fast charging then I unplugged from strip and put directly into wall outlet and started working fine

this worked for me, too

billb425

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
i agree, i initially had a problem but found the problem to be with the usb cable not being firmly seated all the way into the charger.

grunmn

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
My friend had the same issue with hers, and I was texting her trying to figure it out. Everything found just seemed to say make sure it's plugged in all the way. So I plugged mine in halfway into the block and plugged into my s6 and it said cable charging. Then pushed it all the way in still cable charging. Unplugged it a couple times still cable charging was like great I broke it. The. Came across a note 4 post guy was like unplug the block and disconnect the USB. Connect the usb into the block and them the block Into the wall then plug your phone in that ordsr and it'll work. I did it and my phone fast charger. No word on my friends lol I just bought her a wireless charging pad but seems its the blocks cause everythinf samsung posted "make sure it's plugged in all the way." I haven't had issues since and my phone fast charges screen on or off

Pjungwp

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
I had same issue, but like the fellows have already said, the fast charge option doesn't appear anymore, it's automatic

Second, and most importantly, make sure your cable is pushed all the way into the charging adaptor. When it's not completely plugged in it works still but charges at slow rate.

byasini

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
I have a note 4 and I bought an extra fast charger to have it in my office. The same problem exist here.
I check the cable and it is true. It is not fitted completely in!
I also had a s2 which I sold last year. I Chang the fast charger cable with my s2 cable which is black version and is not as long as the note 4.
Any time I connect the fast charger the note 4 said fast charging but I think the time is longer than the white cable.
Ant 1 test this?

Scorpion300zx

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
Just started having this issue.

I haven't investigated the cord yet but fast charge is checked in my settings (yes the setting exists).

Note4, just updated to lollipop. (or whatever the most recent version is)

tabletop101

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
In theory it should be under Settings, Battery Settings.

Also, I've seen reports from a few people that the problem might be the USB cable shipped with the phone. Once replaced, Fast Charging works again. Might try that.

So my fast charging on my Galaxy S6 wouldn't work it would only say cable charging. I have a PS4 and the charger fits and it says cable charging, is using the charger from the PS4 ok for my phone.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yup, cables are usually pretty standard, and the one bundled with the PS4 is of good quality. You can use that without issues.

Greenporter

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Glad I found this thread... I checked and the USB was FULLY plugged into the phone but no Fast Charge. I read some more posts, then checked the USB connection to the block -- there was some space there. Lo and behold, it went to Fast Charge as soon as I pushed it all the way in! DUH. LOL. Thx

Paul Caliz

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
i have a note 4, and my device also have a fast charging option. it works great for 10 months, but just today fast charging stop working. when i plug my phone (note 4) it showed a black screen with a x (letter x) on its upper right corner. then i press the home key and thats it, the fast charging stop working. actually my phone stop charging at all. so i restart my phone and then try it again, but the black screen showed again. i press the home key again and it is still charging but the fast charging is not shown at the notification panel. i did nothing just plug my phone and this **** happened.. sigh i wish there is someone knows how to fix this issues

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos