Fast charging not working.

voodoochild346

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
For all the people who had their cable plugged in all the way and like me still had various issues, try connecting your phone to a pc. My s6 was detecting gear vr even though I don't own it while I was trying to charge. Plugged it in to try to put some Tool and Prince on my Spotify app and voila. Fast charging is now working. No more flickering between charging and no charging. No more cable charging when I'm connected to my Samsung fast charger.

Don't know if it still detects gear vr since I took package disabler pro to it and haven't looked back...

MossyOakGirl96

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
I've had my edge for a few days now and everything has worked fine. Today however, fast charging is not working. Just went to plug it in and it said six hours until fully charged. Thought it was just because it was at 6% and need some more power or something to start the fast charge? Doesn't seem so. I tried different wall outlets and it's still not fast charging. I am using the charger that came with the phone. It's charging so incredibly slow. Please excuse the way I wrote this, I'm incredibly tired.

Posted via the Android Central App

You have the jam the living hell out of it. It took a couple tries but I got it. You have to use all the force you have to do this. Wtfff.

Last edited:

Andrew Whittemore

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
This same problem happened to me. I have an S6 Edge Plus I always get my phone to around 50% and unplug it at night so it isn't charging in spurts after it gets to 100%. Four days ago I woke up and tried to plug it in only to find that my charger wasn't registering at all, much less the fast charger. And yes, I have multiple fast chargers.
After trying to get it to work, checking every connection(wall, usb, micro usb), my phone started constantly switching between charging and not charging, even when I would unplug the cable. It didn't quit doing it until my phone shut off like 2 minutes later.
Once the phone cut off, I plugged the cable back in, and it registered the charger, and the charger stayed registered when the phone came back on. This wasn't without problems as it wasn't fast charging and said 5 hours until fully charged from 32%, which is slow for regular chargers.
I didn't have 5 hours so I turned my phone off and let it charge until it was around 45%, which took a little over an hour. By the end of the day, I only had 5 percent, and my charger wasn't registering again, so I turned my phone off and it registered again. This time, I turned my phone back on and came to this site to troubleshoot, and found no useful information lol. I factory reset my phone, put it in safe mode, tried emergency mode, airplane mode, and still nothing.
I ended up keeping it in airplane mode with all apps turned off and let it charge all night. It was 100% in the morning and I let it the battery completely drain until the phone cut off. After charging the phone again really really slowly the next night, I plugged my phone in again at around 57% battery and it started fast charging.
While this took multiple days, my phone is now fast charging again, so if you're out of warranty or can't get it replaced for whatever reason, I'd try charging it to 100%, letting it drain, and then charging it all the way back up. Turn the phone off if that's the only way it gains charge, I had to have it in airplane mode before it would go up.
Supposedly this resets the battery, or does some other mumbo jumbo, I'm not really a tech guy, but I didn't have to replace my 2 week old phone.

gabysrivera

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I've had my edge for a few days now and everything has worked fine. Today however, fast charging is not working. Just went to plug it in and it said six hours until fully charged. Thought it was just because it was at 6% and need some more power or something to start the fast charge? Doesn't seem so. I tried different wall outlets and it's still not fast charging. I am using the charger that came with the phone. It's charging so incredibly slow. Please excuse the way I wrote this, I'm incredibly tired.

The problem is the usb debugging mode... Turn it off in the developer options and u'll get fast charging back.

Larisa Botello

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site

Well, I came here to find an answer since i was having the same problem. But I ended up figuring it out on my own. I am a Computer Science major and I enjoy working on app development! I had my developer options ON on my phone however the real problem was that i had USB Debugging enabled. I turned that off and now it is fast charging!!

Danilo Minoza

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I had the same problem. I also tried plugging on to different outlets but still did not work. But, I tried using other USB Cable and it did work for me, Maybe my problem was the cable. Try it also, see if it'll work.

Corey Thorn

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
pull down your notification and toggle off and on power saving mode, unplug charger out of phone with power saving mode off plug charger back into phone see if fast charging comes up.

cheers

meat_curtains

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
I seem to have fixed this issue regarding the fast charging ordeal. Putting your phone in safe mode, disables all 3rd party apps, which is how we know it is an app issue. That tells me that it is an app issue. A lot of the apps that you can download from Google are not Android approved apps, which means that they can mess with your phone because they do not work properly with the software.

gozaleze 1

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
I actually have the problem now with my Note 5. At first I thought it because I am abroad and the outlets here are different, but then I realized that If I unplug and plug the charger back about 5-10 times, it starts "fast charging". However, now, even if I unplug and plug it back in, it takes about 30 tries for it to start fast charging...so now it is definitely annoying. Now I'm wondering if it is the phone itself or the charger.

DeathXGun

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site

You have to turn the charging box over lol so the fast charging sign is on the top haha what a pain. But it worked for me :)

Dajc

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
I was just about to go to Samsung fast repair center in my city because of that problem I've been struggling for days and before that, I try just one another thing, blowing the phone's micro USB port and charger cable micro USB jack with preassurised air. I used my "ghetto" compressed air duster can preassurised with ordinary bicycle pump. Fast charging starts immediately.
It is highly possible that phone's port pick up some piece of cotton or dust from the pocket and block the cable to get in completely. Another cables I've been testing before (SGS3 and some LG cable) now Fast charging too.
Caution! Don't recoment this kind of contraption I used, better by one with butane propellent because preassurised atmosphere air contains water and water is not good friend with electronics. I risked ;)20160218_002226.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olalekan45