Fingerprint Scanner Not Working Well

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I think everyone needs to take it easy. There is a learning curve for sure. But also give Samsung some time to send more updates. The phone isn't technically even out yet and people are screaming that the sky is falling lol.

I don't see anyone screaming anything. People - who already have the phone - are saying the FPS doesn't seem to be working so great. That's all. They paid for the phone, they are entitled to give their feedback - good and bad. I guarantee that people who paid a lot of money for their phone really don't want to be back here saying the FPS is not the best. I understand why people who haven't received theirs yet might not want to hear the bad, but don't we expect those who got it already to give their first impressions?

Let's just hope that more practice, and maybe software updates, can improve on those first impressions significantly and the problem is not with the technology itself. This is just the beginning of the story.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I doubt someone who's been reviewing phones for 10 years does technology wrong.
Devils advocate. Her 10 years of reviewing wouldn't apply though since this is new tech. She has to learn like the rest of us. And I have watched numerous reviewers where they spit out wrong facts. Or describe something wrong. Problem with a lot of reviewers is they are in such a hurry to get a video out to get the views they can sometimes miss something.

WizeGuyDezignz

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I keep looking for video from users showing how it works. I'm thinking about cancelling my order. I still have that option.

Bro, no disrespect, but you've been threatening to cancel your order all day. I'm not sure if you're trying to convince yourself to do it or need reassurance from the forum that you should do it.

I would say cancel if you are this much on the fence. That's my opinion.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Maybe you have advice for others on getting consistent results? Or maybe you just happen to have a great thumb for ultrasonic! :)

Firm press consistant opening
When first set up move your thumb around like the scanner says , maybe my thumb is ultrasonic ready:)

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I saw a video where the FPS worked amazingly well. The trick seems to be that you just lightly tap the right area on the screen. You do not have to press hard or long. That worked perfectly for the guy in the video.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Bro, no disrespect, but you've been threatening to cancel your order all day. I'm not sure if you're trying to convince yourself to do it or need reassurance from the forum that you should do it.

I would say cancel if you are this much on the fence. That's my opinion.
Don't worry about what I'm going to do. I'm looking for input on the FPS, that's it. Just because I don't get all giddy over this and am willing to walk away, well that's a good thing. I'm happy that Samsung is giving me time to see how this FPS will turn out, as the FPS is a main draw for me... So yes, I'm on the fence and my time is running out to be able to cancel with Samsung, we all know how fun it will be to deal with Samsung customer service for a return. I'm not threatening to cancel, I'm asking questions and doing my research to decide if I need to cancel, this is one of my research spots, sorry if it rubs you wrong.

AS7Edge

May 13, 2016
Visit site
I have to say it's getting a little better. I redid the fingerprints again and used more of the wide part of my thumb, it's better for sure.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt