For those not already on the Samsung train, what device are you coming from?

NationalTrust

Sep 20, 2017
Visit site
This will be my first Samsung. Getting the S22+ for my wife and myself.
I'm coming from a LG V60 which came after a LG V30. Motorola before that.

flybub

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
This will be my first Samsung. Getting the S22+ for my wife and myself.
I'm coming from a LG V60 which came after a LG V30. Motorola before that.

Haven't totally committed to the S22 family yet (or any phone running Android for that matter), but if I do stay here I will be upgrading from a Note 10.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
Congrats! I think you're both going to like the phones.. I've used recent Samsung phones and I think they have done a really good job.. I rotate between phones so between Fold and Flip ..now Pixel...

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
You will not be disappointed! The LG line was amazing too, and I think you'll find the S23+ to be amazing in its own way!

Samsung has changed dramatically in the last several years. I remember being disinterested in the OS until the S8. Then I started playing attention. My first Samsung phone was the S10 and I LOVED it. One UI is amazing! I came to Samsung from my Pixel 2; and then back to a Pixel 5 from my S10. Samsung and Google are stellar experiences for me -- I'd switch again!

I hope you and your wife enjoy your S22+ phones! Let us know what you think of them when they arrive!

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I think you will be happy with your new S22+. I'm currently using an S10+ until my new S22 Ultra arrives.

Like @Morty2264 I had no interest in early Samsung phones, and the S10+ was my first Samsung. My previous phones were from LG and Moto. I like my S10+ enough to get another Samsung device. I miss LG, but Samsung audio quality is almost as good as LG. Samsung camera in manual mode is as good as LG camera in manual mode to me.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Currently using two-year old Pixel 4XL. Tried a S21U for two days, but the phone software so screwed up, Samsung tech said to return; I did but not for exchange; decided to hold out for the S22U. I will say, that working with the Samsung tech people was actually impressive and quick to connect. Appeared knowledgeable, they (there were two) connected to the phone and went into areas I could to reach, but watched the screen. Then a quick diagnosis...

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Last Sammy I had was the Note 20 Ultra. I traded it in for my OnePlus 9 Pro. Still have that phone, along with the Pixel 6 (non-Pro) which is what I'm currently using my main sim in. I also have an iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 13 Pro, OnePlus 8. I think that's it until my S22 Ultra arrives.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I mostly switch between Samsung and Google. Just recently comming off S21+ Z flip 3 and a P6. Was torn between the Ultra and the P6 Pro. Went with the S22 Ultra.

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Last Samsung I had was a Note 20 Ultra and Note 20. I still have the regular Note 20 for my work phone. My personal is iPhone 13 Pro max and it will be replaced with the S22 Ultra 512gb. Not sure I will sell the iPhone yet however, may keep it around.

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm gonna be switching from the iPhone 13 pro max. Hoping to make it a permanent switch. Just worried or how to share videos to my iPhone friends with out sacrificing quality. Also when I upload videos to Facebook or Instagram I'm worried about video compression

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I'm gonna be switching from the iPhone 13 pro max. Hoping to make it a permanent switch. Just worried or how to share videos to my iPhone friends with out sacrificing quality. Also when I upload videos to Facebook or Instagram I'm worried about video compression

I've been long time iOS and Android user. In fact my first smartphone was the HTC G1. I've had many many Samsung phones in my life including about 5 different Notes. Currently using the iPhone 13 Pro Max but on the fence of trading in my S21U for the S22U. What is it about the iPhone 13 Pro Max you don't like enough to switch to Android?

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I've been long time iOS and Android user. In fact my first smartphone was the HTC G1. I've had many many Samsung phones in my life including about 5 different Notes. Currently using the iPhone 13 Pro Max but on the fence of trading in my S21U for the S22U. What is it about the iPhone 13 Pro Max you don't like enough to switch to Android?

I've always liked Android over iOS but when everyone i talk to uses an iPhone it was easier to just cave in and use one. Plus Apple seemed to always have an edge on just point and shoot camera pics and apps. But now the cameras looks almost identical. The customization with widgets and quick access is better on Android. Having the S-pen will be a nice little convenience feature for quick notes and what not

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I was 100% HTC before the Pixel 4 XL. I wasn't loving the Pixel 6 and it's annoying camera bump, plus the pinkish hue to the screen. The S22+ will be my first Samsung! I played with it at Best Buy, and I really liked it.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I was 100% HTC before the Pixel 4 XL. I wasn't loving the Pixel 6 and it's annoying camera bump, plus the pinkish hue to the screen. The S22+ will be my first Samsung! I played with it at Best Buy, and I really liked it.
First Samsung, let us know what you think.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Oh wow, that's cool you had the original Android phone the HTC G1.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I've always liked Android over iOS but when everyone i talk to uses an iPhone it was easier to just cave in and use one. Plus Apple seemed to always have an edge on just point and shoot camera pics and apps. But now the cameras looks almost identical. The customization with widgets and quick access is better on Android. Having the S-pen will be a nice little convenience feature for quick notes and what not

Exactly. Almost everyone I know has an iPhone. But not just the latest many are still using the iPhone 6, 7 or 8. Here I am with a Pixel 3 that reached its EOL. Many popular apps were designed for the iPhone and not for android. I too caved in because all my family uses an iPhone. But I just can't use one for more than a few weeks before I'm back to android. Just so many android phones to chose from.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Coming from a Pixel 6 Pro. Probably well known now, but there are just too many issues with that phone, so I'm going to drop it for the Galaxy S22 Ultra 256gb in black. Should be delivered by March 3.