Force Close when receiving a phone call

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, what's swap/ext? I don't have apps2sd if thats what u mean. It only started after the oc I think

Okay I was just wondering.I was thinking it might be you had to big a swap size but since you don't have one then it wouldn't be effecting it.

urushiol

May 3, 2010
Visit site
if you can get me a copy of the boot.img that was working for you then ill try to edit to boot/run.It might be helpful to people like chompy that are having problems.

Sorry I should have specified =D

I was using this boot.img :

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-hero-roms-hacks/14675-overclocking-2-1-a.html

Thanks breezy :D

EDIT:

Oh wait, you mean the one from darchdroid that didn't cause a problem? OK! just a sec! I don't much know what I'm doing, but what I tried is making a flashable zip with darch's kernel, his wlan, and ramzswap stuff. I flashed it, and it gave me boot loops. Here are the files I was working with. If you want, I can send you the whole rom. I would say get it off the thread at XDA, but hes up to 2.6.5, and 2.6.4 (what I'm working with) not only solved the FC on call problem, but also solved the lockup on WiFi Tether stop, the WiFI Tether problem resurfaced in 2.6.5.

Heres the thread, just to credit darch:

[Rom] Darchdroid v2.6.5 "Wait, This isn't a Nexus One?" | OC'd,Camera,Lights,EXT4,BFS - xda-developers

Here is the kernel and associated files from 2.6.4, let me know if you need anything else!

DO NOT FLASH THIS ZIP, IT WILL BOOTLOOP YOUR PHONE
DarchDroidKerneltest.zip
DO NOT FLASH THIS ZIP, IT WILL BOOTLOOP YOUR PHONE

Last edited:

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
@ urushiol thanks that what i wanted,its going to bootloop cause it needs to be opend up and edited.Ill try to get this going asap.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Just to keep you guys in the loop,I got it edited and booted first try.Im going to test a couple things then ill ppost in for you guys to try out;)
Big props to urushiol for the great idea,hopefully this works out:)

urushiol

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Another update, I mentioned I thought it could be associated with the HTClockscreen, since darchdroid uses vanilla lock. I just confirmed FC on phone call using toast#89 clock locked at 245, using vanilla lock.

^^^ sounds great breezy keep us updated :cool:

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Okay,since its booting for me.I figure the best way to go about this is to put it up and all of us can try it out and see how it goes for everyone.I have got one phone call since flashing,a couple text and everything was fine.Wifi and bluetooth turn on,i connected to wifi no prob,bt starts should work fine but mines dead cant test it.Have a nadroid backup just incase it doesn't go as smoothly for you as it has me:)
4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download DB-OC.zip
Thanks goes to darch for the original base to edit,gbhil for his great guides,that I learned from,to urushiol,chompy,jkap for being very helpful threw all of this.

urushiol

May 3, 2010
Visit site
lol i got so excited i forgot to nandroid =), thats ok though, if it goes to ****, I've got an undo zip i made when I was playing around with this, to take me back to stock hunnybun kernel.... thanks so much breezy, I'll let you know how it goes =D

urushiol

May 3, 2010
Visit site
ok im booted, and I can say with a resounding HALLELUJAH that wifi tether closes successfully with overclock using this kernel!!!!!!!!! thank you so MUCH.

Now, I'm gonna test FC on phone call.

MAD PROPS TO BREEZY AND DARCH!!!!!

EDIT: also no setcpu/oc-widget needed for mild OC, its clocking to 710ish out of the box(or so i'm estimating), because I'm getting 2.8-2.9mflops with no setcpu/oc-widget

3.2 being my average for 768
2.2 being my average for 528

EDIT2: i have called it 10 times so far too from my backup phone, no FC so far( I was getting average 1 out of 7 giving FC), I'm going to keep trying, I'm not 100% confident yet, but my hopes sure as hell are up =D)

Last edited:

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Here some my result from neocore and linpack
neocore with toast/flipz kernel at 768-highest i hit ever-33.6
neocore with darch-32.8

linpack t/f kernel-3.267
linpack darch kernel-3.267

To me none of the numbers stuff really matters.How my phone performs is what i care about an this one is pretty freaking smooth so far.:)

urushiol

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I'll post and update tomorrow night regarding the phone FC issue, but so far i have received 35 calls; NO FC. This is phenomenal, I have never gotten that far on F/T#89 kernel without FC.

So only time will tell if its a true fix.

***It is a 100% fix for the WiFi Tether lock, and this i'm thrilled about***

I can't test BT because I don't have a headset, WiFi works, GPS works, I haven't found anything that doesn't so far.

cheers

urushiol

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Confirmed it is clocking 245-710mhz "OnDemand" without using setcpu.

Only bug I have found so far is that if you use SetCPU auto detect frequencies, it falsely detects 787 as the upper limit instead of 768. I remember darch saying he wanted to enable 787 for testing, but it didn't work. So if you use setcpu be SURE to put max no higher than 768 or it will not scale properly, 787 is BROKEN.

urushiol

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Humm voice input doesn't work, and voice dialer is gone? Is this intended in IcedHoneyBun-v1, or is this a result of a bad Download, or even worse, a side-effect of the darch kernel?

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Humm voice input doesn't work, and voice dialer is gone? Is this intended in IcedHoneyBun-v1, or is this a result of a bad Download, or even worse, a side-effect of the darch kernel?

I have all that working fine for me on Icehoneybun.v.friend. Voice dialer should be in Icedhoneybun,i can remember what else is in it.

chompy

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Works great so far! Receiving calls and WiFi tether disconnected without freezing. Thanks a bunch beezy. I really didn't want to have to give up the oc.

chompy

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Now I'm gettin risky and lowering the sleep speed to try and get the battery save that was talked about in another thread. Keep yall posted on how that goes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware