Friend's Captivate

Bestphonever

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
Did it. I took the SD card out of my evo (Which isn't easy) and then backed it up, then restored it to the google account. I think its syncing now.

Bestphonever

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
tried 3 cables, and 2 different laptops. It's definitely his captivate. Thanks for staying up and helping bro. Android Central family is awesome.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
tried 3 cables, and 2 different laptops. It's definitely his captivate. Thanks for staying up and helping bro. Android Central family is awesome.

Very welcome, when you get that resolved make sure they update it right there at at&t so that they are responsible for any problems

pm me or post if you need any more help :) have a good night

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
try this shut off the phone hold vol down button..and plug in hold the volume down button till you see a big yellow triangle...give it a couple mins... Then look in device manager..and tell me if you see samsung composite device
Yeah, I'm sure all phones are useless without the usb port. The thing is that it charges beautifully via microusb.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Bestphonever

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm not there anymore, I came home to a power outage. I'm on a laptop tethered to my phone. Kinda ghetto. I told him to go to the Att store.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm not there anymore, I came home to a power outage. I'm on a laptop tethered to my phone. Kinda ghetto. I told him to go to the Att store.

yeah probably best to do that anyhow it shouldnt be that hard to get a connection... oh wait,, did you make sure his phone wasnt set to charge only lol???

Bestphonever

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
I tried and got the yellow triangle. I thought it was working but the pc didnt recognize it. I let it do it's thing for a couple minutes before I pulled the battery.

Wait, I didn't get any options for the usb. All I remember is there being 2 notifications. one had the debugging and the other had something about mounting. Do you have to mount in order to use Kies?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I tried and got the yellow triangle. I thought it was working but the pc didnt recognize it. I let it do it's thing for a couple minutes before I pulled the battery.

Wait, I didn't get any options for the usb. All I remember is there being 2 notifications. one had the debugging and the other had something about mounting. Do you have to mount in order to use Kies?

lol if you saw those 2 notifications then you were most likely connected, why didnt you think you were connected

you had to go to settings>applications>usb>samsung kies

i thought you were not getting any notifications of connections

Bestphonever

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
I tried the desktop icon that said kies mini. After that boot up there was text on the screen that said something like please connect phone, or no phone connected. That's why I thought it wasn't being recognized.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I tried the desktop icon that said kies mini. After that boot up there was text on the screen that said something like please connect phone, or no phone connected. That's why I thought it wasn't being recognized.

im sorry i assumed since you had an evo you would have an idea of how it would work,, i really should have asked the basic stuff :-\ i feel like i wasted your time now

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware