From OnLeaks, Get Excited

robert7107

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Yup that I do... I bought the nexus 6 in February not because I was Lack of money because iam a smart consumer with intelligence that wants to get the best for buck... Hauwei is not a house hold name period and to claim otherwise. Is false...... Show me phonearea,phone scoop, Engadget, Android police doing reviews on there products?!?!? Iam not knocking them I don't see them as anything but unknown my reply to you earlier was done in fun and sorry u took it personal but the truth is WHO is hauwei???

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Here's the thing. 9.8 mm and 8.5 mm. Those are shaping up to be some substantial phones with some heft to them. Especially when you look at a majority of higher-end phones being in the 6.0+ mm range, you'd think both phones would have good size batteries in them. I'd hope so.

Posted via the Android Central App
I think the thickness included the protruding camera. So the camera protrudes out to 9.8 mm whereas the actually body may be a mm or so thinner.

Also, don't know why people are fearing Huawei possibly making a Nexus phone. Didn't we have this fear/uncertainty/doubt thing back when it was leaked that LG was going to make what was the Nexus 4? I remember people freaking out wanting Samsung or HTC to make it and didn't 'trust' LG.

Fast forward a few years later and people are begging for LG to make the Nexus, lol.

Same thing with Huawei. I don't have any issues with them making the phone. Anyone can do a good job, they don't just have to be popular in the industry.

My only concern is that the Nexus 5 send like quite a tall phone. About as tall at the G4 which I thought was quite a big phone.

Last edited:

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Yup that I do... I bought the nexus 6 in February not because I was Lack of money because iam a smart consumer with intelligence that wants to get the best for buck... Hauwei is not a house hold name period and to claim otherwise. Is false...... Show me phonearea,phone scoop, Engadget, Android police doing reviews on there products?!?!? Iam not knocking them I don't see them as anything but unknown my reply to you earlier was done in fun and sorry u took it personal but the truth is WHO is hauwei???

again, that's probably true where u live, but they're one of the largest smartphone makers in the world. I shared your opinion about 4 months ago when I first heard Google was teaming up with Hauwei, but after looking into it I've done a 180.

I mean, hardware is hardware, most of these companies buy it from the same place and it all gets assembled mostly in China anyway. and you already know what to expect in the software side. If you're not comfortable buying a brand you have no experience with, that's obviously understandable, and you certainly won't be alone.

that said, the sites you mentioned have done a ton of reviews on their products. I was gonna attach a few but after doing a Google search the amount of articles was overwhelming, so if you're interested you can see for yourself.

you're entitled to your opinion, and if you need more familiarity with a brand before buying into it, that's your right, but I think you're doing a disservice to yourself, and if you're the smart and intelligent consumer that I'm sure you are, maybe after a little research you'll come to a similar conclusion, maybe not!

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
again, that's probably true where u live, but they're one of the largest smartphone makers in the world. I shared your opinion about 4 months ago when I first heard Google was teaming up with Hauwei, but after looking into it I've done a 180.

I mean, hardware is hardware, most of these companies buy it from the same place and it all gets assembled mostly in China anyway. and you already know what to expect in the software side. If you're not comfortable buying a brand you have no experience with, that's obviously understandable, and you certainly won't be alone.

that said, the sites you mentioned have done a ton of reviews on their products. I was gonna attach a few but after doing a Google search the amount of articles was overwhelming, so if you're interested you can see for yourself.

you're entitled to your opinion, and if you need more familiarity with a brand before buying into it, that's your right, but I think you're doing a disservice to yourself, and if you're the smart and intelligent consumer that I'm sure you are, maybe after a little research you'll come to a similar conclusion, maybe not!

Couldn't have said it better.

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
  • 2015 Nexus 5: 146.9 x 72.9 x 8/9.8mm (5.2 in. display)

Moto X Play: 148 x 75 x 8.9-10.9mm

So, even though the Nexus has 0.3" smaller screen it is only smaller than the Moto X Play by 1.1mm in height and 2.1mm in width? Seems like the screen to body ratio isn't going to be as high as with the new Moto X devices. That's a shame.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I believe that given the competitive nature of electronic manufacturing giants will result in two better Nexus phones. It's going to be a smackdown where the consumer wins.

robert7107

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

you're entitled to your opinion, and if you need more familiarity with a brand before buying into it, that's your right, but I think you're doing a disservice to yourself, and if you're the smart and intelligent consumer that I'm sure you are, maybe after a little research you'll come to a similar conclusion, maybe not![/QUOT

Well see what happens either blows up Huawei in a good way or in a negative way if its a flop .......

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Count me in for a 5.2, LG. It's not that I don't trust Huawei, but the screen size, for me, is a turn off. If the companies would have been switched around, I would still say the same thing: count me in for a 5.2.

saintforlife

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Any guesses on the price for the LG and the Huawei Nexus devices?

Also, why put the fingerprint sensor in the back? It needs to be in the front. It is a more natural position for the finger, not to mention if it is in the back you have to fumble for it and also pick it up off the table before you can use it.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

Also, why put the fingerprint sensor in the back? It needs to be in the front. It is a more natural position for the finger, not to mention if it is in the back you have to fumble for it and also pick it up off the table before you can use it.

Actually, putting it on the back would allow for more natural placement. Think in terms of the Motorola dimple, and how your index finger rests on it when in hand.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

I actually prefer it on the back cause I'd rather have front facing speakers ... if the most recent rumors are accurate I don't see how the Hauwei version can cost less than $500 for 32GB and $550 for 64GB. it wouldn't surprise me if it cost more, though I suspect price was a big factor in Google partnering with them, so maybe it'll stay around $500.

The LG one I think will be about $400 for 32GB. I haven't read anything about the camera though, so if they plan to use anything similar to the G4, it's gonna add to the cost.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm now excited

Hmm, this looks like it has side mounted power and volume buttons, unless the power button and fingerprint scanner are integrated. As long as the 620 is capable, Google can officially take my money with either Nexus phone. If the Huawei Nexus doesn't have the 820 in it, but Huawei's Kirin 950, that would also be a buy, as long as it isn't the 810. I can't wait for these...

Last edited:

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Actually, putting it on the back would allow for more natural placement. Think in terms of the Motorola dimple, and how your index finger rests on it when in hand.

Absolutely agreed and I love the placement of it if it does indeed prove to be true. When I had my OG Moto X, I found that dimple so damn tempting to just rest my index finger against lol. Whether I just had my phone in my hand, talking on it, looking at it, my finger seemed to gravitate to that spot. So simple but so damn genius lol.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Absolutely agreed and I love the placement of it if it does indeed prove to be true. When I had my OG Moto X, I found that dimple so damn tempting to just rest my index finger against lol. Whether I just had my phone in my hand, talking on it, looking at it, my finger seemed to gravitate to that spot. So simple but so damn genius lol.

Lol, I agree, it's unavoidable, really. And actually, I think this year's slightly raised dimple is even better, in terms of grip and comfort.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Posted this in the N7 thread. I'd definitely buy it but would rather have the phablet.

Hmm, a tablet instead of a phablet? I'd rather there be a phablet, honestly. OnLeaks claims there is one, and he has a good track record so far. I still keep waiting for any news on the battery capacity of the phablet; the suspense is killer, lol.