From OnLeaks, Get Excited

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
I think the fingerprint sensor looks ugly just slapped on the back like that. Then again, I have never bought the Nexus phones for their looks.

The more I hear about this fabled beast, the more I am sure the Moto X Play will just end up just being a stop-gap device until October/November, despite me being very hyped for that phone too.

robert7107

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Ya I find it odd too for the finger print sensor to be on back especially since its a big phone not to mention a case for it is going to be hard to configure since we all have different size hands/fingers

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Just NOW, from OnLeaks:

@OnLeaks: If you're looking for some more #Nexus exclusive, I advise you not to move too far from here during the next 24/48 hours... Cheers!

Bring it...

Posted via the Android Central App

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Actually, putting it on the back would allow for more natural placement. Think in terms of the Motorola dimple, and how your index finger rests on it when in hand.

The main problem (and it's a big one) I have with putting a fingerprint scanner on the back is that I'd always have to actually pick up the phone to use it. If it's laying next to me on my desk or bed, I can't just press the front of it like I can with other phones. Another thing is how awkward it will be for mobile payments. With Apple Pay or a Samsung phone, the scanner is at the bottom of the front display, which means I can hold it there and tap the reader with the top of the phone. With the fingerprint scanner on the back it will be much more uncomfortable.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Just NOW, from OnLeaks:

@OnLeaks: If you're looking for some more #Nexus exclusive, I advise you not to move too far from here during the next 24/48 hours... Cheers!

Bring it...

oh the suspense ... I'd rather have the fingerprint scanner on back personally, especially with the front speakers ... let's get to the battery already

dmb219

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking forward to the next Nexus, bigger one if the rumors ring true. Time for an upgrade for me. I'm feeling there's going to be a snag here, hope I'm wrong. Could be price or processor, maybe 810. Maybe it will finally be the awesome excellent phone we've been waiting for. If not, I'll be going Moto. It is nice having that offering available. I'll like plugging in my 60 gb of tunes too.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking forward to the next Nexus, bigger one if the rumors ring true. Time for an upgrade for me. I'm feeling there's going to be a snag here, hope I'm wrong. Could be price or processor, maybe 810. Maybe it will finally be the awesome excellent phone we've been waiting for. If not, I'll be going Moto. It is nice having that offering available. I'll like plugging in my 60 gb of tunes too.

I can't help but think they'll be a snag as well. every phone every year always has something missing. I doubt it'll be the 810 though. I just don't see Google going that route. I'm not expecting the 820, and I suspect they'll use either the 808 or 620 in the LG and either the 808 or Kiron 950 in the Hauwei.

A slightly inferior camera or lack of wireless charging wouldn't bother me, but I hope this 2015 trend of small batteries isn't that one feature we're disappointed in. I could handle an undersized battery for the LG, but I'm really hoping the Hauwei version comes with at least 3500 mAh.

Some people might consider a 1080p display as a negative, but for power consumption reasons I'd prefer it. And aesthetics mean pretty much nothing to me, so long as it has most of the features I'm looking for.

Stock Android M is ultimately what's most important, so we're good there. Then i want front facing speakers, quick charge, fingerprint scanner and that elusive battery. I'm not expecting the camera to be on par with the G4 or S6, anybody that's looking for that is probably gonna be disappointed, just give me one that takes decent shots and I'll be fine.

Last edited:

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Last edited:

robert7107

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Lg 1 hr I see it selling out fast hauwei 24hrs . hope the case making company's come up with a good design for the finger scanner on back if rumors are true... Iam not holding my breath I'll wait till Google themselves officially announce it

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
lol. any guesses how many minutes it'll take to sell out on launch? mine is .5

Lol, I tend to not be an early adopter, so I'll be waiting for reviews on it. But yeah, it'll sell. Hopefully Huawei has a lot more units to sell at the start than Moto did last year. The waiting for stock drove me nuts. Then when I heard about the swelling battery, I got scared off.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
@OnLeaks FYI, both #Nexus Phones has been rendered by my man @Jermainesmit, based on leaked factory schematics I received from my faithful sources ;)

Those saying it looks like an iPhone, well, it's just this artist's vision, not the actual phone.

robert7107

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Seems awkward to have finger print scanner in back I tried imagining it by pretending the Dimple on my nexus 6 was the scanner I know the hauwei will be considerably thinner just seems awkward sure I will adapt.... Anyway January/February rolls around all is well I will be getting me one too. Hope it comes in black ...

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Seems awkward to have finger print scanner in back I tried imagining it by pretending the Dimple on my nexus 6 was the scanner I know the hauwei will be considerably thinner just seems awkward sure I will adapt.... Anyway January/February rolls around all is well I will be getting me one too. Hope it comes in black ...

The Motorola ATRIX did it a long time ago on the back, I found it extremely comfortable to use. It helps if it's integrated with a power/wake button.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Ever since these renders for both Nexus phones came out, most especially since this morning, evleaks has been on the case of onleaks and the credibility of both he, and these renders. His latest tweet calls onleaks and his track record out, saying that these phone renders that were leaked didn't have "NEXUS" branding on them. I'm keeping my eye on this...

Last edited:

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Wow. Pot calls kettle black. Imagine.

Still, as much as I think evleaks is a [something I can't write here], he has a point. Those renders look far more like images of a standard Huawei release than anything that has ever flown the Nexus colors.

He makes a valid point, though. It's literally going back and forth, with evleaks tweeting jabs @onleaks, while the latter just adresses tweets directed toward him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001