From OnLeaks, Get Excited

adamgalas1

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
Let's be realistic, one month before the release date the specs get leaked and when was the last time a nexus had strayed from its rumored specs?

If you wait until Sep 29th nexus 6 clearance will be over and you will be stuck with whatever Google has designed for this year.

I'd like to think that nexi get better each year but the nexus 6 is such a great phone that it could be many years before a nexus phablet surpasses it.

In terms of screen size we may never again see such a big, glorious screen making nexus 6 fans orphans, a people without a country, forced to wander the world forever dreaming of a giant screened stock Android experience that will never come.

Here's hoping that the nexus 6 gets updated through and including ores, which would give us until 2018 to pay for another 6 inch nexus or perhaps a 6 inch moto x, assuming that Lenovo keeps the current moto software.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Let's be realistic, one month before the release date the specs get leaked and when was the last time a nexus had strayed from its rumored specs?

If you wait until Sep 29th nexus 6 clearance will be over and you will be stuck with whatever Google has designed for this year.

I'd like to think that nexi get better each year but the nexus 6 is such a great phone that it could be many years before a nexus phablet surpasses it.

In terms of screen size we may never again see such a big, glorious screen making nexus 6 fans orphans, a people without a country, forced to wander the world forever dreaming of a giant screened stock Android experience that will never come.

Here's hoping that the nexus 6 gets updated through and including ores, which would give us until 2018 to pay for another 6 inch nexus or perhaps a 6 inch moto x, assuming that Lenovo keeps the current moto software.

That's a lot of drama over .3 - .5 inches!

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site

I love my 32 GB Verizon Nexus 6 but I ordered a Moto Pure with 64 GB and I also have a 64 GB MicroSD. I will totally evaluate the Pure. I didn't feel like waiting for the Hauwei with undetermined specs when the Moto has stock 5.1.1 with a a couple of Moto apps. Also, the price was right and I got a nice leather back. I hope I can transition from 5.96 inches to 5.7, but I won't go down to 5.5 or 5.2.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I love my 32 GB Verizon Nexus 6 but I ordered a Moto Pure with 64 GB and I also have a 64 GB MicroSD. I will totally evaluate the Pure. I didn't feel like waiting for the Hauwei with undetermined specs when the Moto has stock 5.1.1 with a a couple of Moto apps. Also, the price was right and I got a nice leather back. I hope I can transition from 5.96 inches to 5.7, but I won't go down to 5.5 or 5.2.

The only way one would need to transition from the Nexus to the XPE is if the latter is more narrow. I hardly see a difference of less than . 3 of an inch a transition. It's 5.7", not 4.7"; that's a transition.

Posted via the Android Central App

dkeven

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
as you apparently don't own the nexus 6, easy for you to say. Having evaluated the note 4 and the note 6 for a week myself I ended up keeping the Nexus 6 based on screen real estate alone. and I was a Note 1,2,and 3 user prior. As far as pure android experience MEH for what I use it for not really a big deal, battery life on the Nexus6 is not great I end up charging before the day is through, wireless charger is a big help wish the pure had it. Waiting on the Huawei Nex but if the rumors hold true 5.5 its not a contender. Played with the Note 5 side by side with the nex6 for a few days could use it but the long narrow screen just doesn't look right. Have a Pure on order but will probably end as secondary. Waiting for the iphone s plus for me its all about screen size, battery life and screen width vs height. The Nexus 6 just looks right.

knowledge_6

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Well see what happens either blows up Huawei in a good way or in a negative way if its a flop .......

mann ur just making yourself look like a *****.... Huawei is in the top 4 handset makers in the world.. top 4... so all the names u know like LG, Sony, HTC, are all below Huawei... just because they don't market to where you live doesn't mean it's gonna blow up!!

Carriers here in Canada have been carrying huawei for along time... mostly budget carriers since they probably don't have the bankroll like samsung and apple... they are known for top hardware at an affordable price... something Google wants so they can charge people a not so premium price for their top tier Nexus...

these chinese phone makers are making their statements in the last year... with the price of the Samsung Galaxy line and Apple iphones going above $1000.... getting the best bang for your buck is going with some of these chinese companies... you won't get the optimization, but now that Huawei is entering the market via Google i'm sure we'll see Xiaomi and other OEMs from China very soon enter the NA market with optimized hardware

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm kind of getting annoyed at OnLeaks in addition to EvLeaks. EV was just being a baby and ON is smug and obnoxious. If either of these two post anything Nexus related can you screenshot / summarize it here since I've stopped following these 2 for now?

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm kind of getting annoyed at OnLeaks in addition to EvLeaks. EV was just being a baby and ON is smug and obnoxious. If either of these two post anything Nexus related can you screenshot / summarize it here since I've stopped following these 2 for now?

I totally agree on both counts. I'll just summarize from now on. I'm still waiting for a mention of the battery. Depending on that, I'll decide on the Moto Nexus, XPE, or Huawei Nexus.

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Got the Pure ordered but if Huawei Nexus 6 comes with 5.7inch, wireless charging and 64GB I could return my Moto after 14 days. The problem is that we need more definitive specs on the above, plus battery and screen resolution. Regarding screen resolution, with a VERY good 1080p display, it is hard to tell the difference between it and an average quad display. Also battery life would be substantially better. Pricing would have to be competitive with the Moto. Come on Huawei, drop some more stuff.

robert7107

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
mann ur just making yourself look like a *****.... Huawei is in the top 4 handset makers in the world.. top 4... so all the names u know like LG, Sony, HTC, are all below Huawei... just because they don't market to where you live doesn't mean it's gonna blow up!!

Carriers here in Canada have been carrying huawei for along time... mostly budget carriers since they probably don't have the bankroll like samsung and apple... they are known for top hardware at an affordable price... something Google wants so they can charge people a not so premium price for their top tier Nexus...

these chinese phone makers are making their statements in the last year... with the price of the Samsung Galaxy line and Apple iphones going above $1000.... getting the best bang for your buck is going with some of these chinese companies... you won't get the optimization, but now that Huawei is entering the market via Google i'm sure we'll see Xiaomi and other OEMs from China very soon enter the NA market with optimized hardware

Lol...Until about 2 months ago I had never heard of huawei nor had I seen a Huawei device in any retail store. If you had been following this forum you would have probably seen my post since then.
In support of the Huawei nexus device and seriously contemplating getting the device.... So you look like a******.......

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm not trying to be negative... but it's interesting seeing all the talk about Huawei... "owed the 3g/4g market for years with usb dongles".... "top 4 handset makers in the world."

The one difference between most of the current selling lineup that Huawei has now and the upcoming Nexus device is that this Nexus will be a Pure Android experience. This is probably the best thing going for this Huawei Nexus device right now... I have read a few recent reviews of their devices and the following are almost standard comments:

• Buggy, overbearing software
  • Much of OS is hidden behind Huawei's skin
  • Google services take a back seat, and in some cases don't work properly

I hope Huawei works on more of these issues before it releases any of their skinned devices in the US market.

manimsoblack

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Still slightly excited about the Huawei. I have pretty good battery life on my Nexus 6 I'm currently on 1 day on battery with 3hr 40m Screen on time and sitting @ 30% so I don't think having a smallish battery will be a deal breaker for me. I do wish they'd gone with a 1080p screen though cause then it wouldn't be an issue at all. Not sold on the 810 soc and if it's 5.5" I'm just not gonna get it. I have fairly large hands and anything smaller than 5.7 just feels tiny to me. I want USB-C more than anything, people won't be asking to use my charger, well they will but I can confidently say it won't work on their phones. And it's reversible. I don't really care if it's 2.0 or 3.1 cause if it's a qualcomm chip it'll have quick charge.

myhui

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible that the Huawei Nexus 6 will use their own chip from HiSilicon instead of Qualcomm's Snapdragon?

If it's "just" the Snapdragon 810, then I'll pass, and hold out for the 820 coming out next summer, which will translate to a late September 2016 Nexus device.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm not trying to be negative... but it's interesting seeing all the talk about Huawei... "owed the 3g/4g market for years with usb dongles".... "top 4 handset makers in the world."

The one difference between most of the current selling lineup that Huawei has now and the upcoming Nexus device is that this Nexus will be a Pure Android experience. This is probably the best thing going for this Huawei Nexus device right now... I have read a few recent reviews of their devices and the following are almost standard comments:

• Buggy, overbearing software
  • Much of OS is hidden behind Huawei's skin
  • Google services take a back seat, and in some cases don't work properly

I hope Huawei works on more of these issues before it releases any of their skinned devices in the US market.

Obviously the points that you mentioned wouldn't apply here because Google controls the software on Nexus. Google services take precedence over anything Huawei does with their own phones. Huawei is responsible for the hardware only, not the software. As far as tgeir own proprietary devices, they have work to do, agreed.

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Got the Pure ordered but if Huawei Nexus 6 comes with 5.7inch, wireless charging and 64GB I could return my Moto after 14 days. The problem is that we need more definitive specs on the above, plus battery and screen resolution. Regarding screen resolution, with a VERY good 1080p display, it is hard to tell the difference between it and an average quad display. Also battery life would be substantially better. Pricing would have to be competitive with the Moto. Come on Huawei, drop some more stuff.

The problem is that you have your moto on order. You won't know solid details till after your 14 day period has ended.

adamgalas1

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
You bet is a lot of drama over 0.5 inches but not because I'm in need of a new nexus anytime soon. My nexus 6 is future proof and I can ride it into the cold, cold ground if I have too.

But after the masterpiece that the nexus 6 I was hoping that we'd get an annual nexus phablet and there would be some consistency to the design.

Duel facing speakers every year
Giant screen every year

Now it appears that Google is selecting their desired nexus specs out of a hat and it doesn't matter who makes the phone because Google will force them to make whatever it wants.

Huawei is famous for 3 Things

Cheap phones
Big screens
Huge batteries

This it was natural for us to assume that when Google choose them to make a nexus phablet. It was too make a better version of the nexus 6, but with a bigger battery and one that would not cost so much.

Now it seems the nexus 6x will come not just with a massively smaller screen, but with a much smaller battery than what huawei usually puts in their phablet and as a final insult to nexus fans, the biggest complaint about last year, the high price, will now go even higher.

So Google wasnt listening at all to nexus 6 fans when we said we love the 6 inch screen and never want to go any smaller.

They weren't listening when people said the price was high.

They weren't listening at all to us, just like they never listen when people say to fix the damned camera and crappy battery life.

Oh and stop messing up the launches.

I swear to god, $1500 to the first phone maker that makes a 6+ inch screen with a giant removable battery and front facing duel speakers and STOCK ANDROID.

for the love of God phone makers how hard is it to do nothing to the software!?

All we want is a decent hardware package and software that Google will automatically update and that we don't need to rely on you for.

Blu pure xl is a $350 6 inch 2k screened phone with a 3500 mAh battery and 64 gb memory for $350.

It's a perfect phone at perfect price and blows the nexus 6x rumored specs out of the water.

If it came with stock Android half of us here would but it tomorrow and not even wait for the official reveal of the nexus 6x.

Yet it comes with a skin. Because Blu, who just repackages other phones to make their own, wants to invest in a brand to avoid becoming a no name brand that people buy just for the great price.

So they change a few things in the software and then you can't get an update without them giving it to you.

Wake up Blu, and all no name, mom and pop, and even Chinese phone makers. You are selling a commodity product and competing a little on design, more on specs, and a lot on price.

The one thing no one gives a damned about is your proprietary software.

Android used to be incomplete but isn't anymore.

All skins these days except for moto, just make software bulkier and slower and makes it impossible to update without rooting of a phone if the phone maker abandons a model.

So save yourself some money Samsung, htc, Lenovo, LG, Sony fire all your software engineers and just ship with stock.

Sony phones will be different than htc phones because they are water proof and have duel speakers.

Htc had boomsound, moto has its curved ergonomic design, and Samsung has the best screens.

LG had removable batteries and SD cards.

There are branding differences that people care about but software isn't one.

Be lazy, save money, and win the loyalty of the nexus fans who are tired of watching Google **** up the nexus so many times.

Or hell, Samsung, maker of a dozen versions of every phone, how about you just make a note 5 with stock Android.

That phone would be a lot better than the Huawei nexus this year and it literally would require no extra work on your part.

How is it possible that no one is willing to make a phone without a skin? How hard is it to not do anything, to be lazy and not hire software engineers?

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
You bet is a lot of drama over 0.5 inches but not because I'm in need of a new nexus anytime soon. My nexus 6 is future proof and I can ride it into the cold, cold ground if I have too.

But after the masterpiece that the nexus 6 I was hoping that we'd get an annual nexus phablet and there would be some consistency to the design.

Duel facing speakers every year
Giant screen every year

Now it appears that Google is selecting their desired nexus specs out of a hat and it doesn't matter who makes the phone because Google will force them to make whatever it wants.

Huawei is famous for 3 Things

Cheap phones
Big screens
Huge batteries

This it was natural for us to assume that when Google choose them to make a nexus phablet. It was too make a better version of the nexus 6, but with a bigger battery and one that would not cost so much.

Now it seems the nexus 6x will come not just with a massively smaller screen, but with a much smaller battery than what huawei usually puts in their phablet and as a final insult to nexus fans, the biggest complaint about last year, the high price, will now go even higher.

So Google wasnt listening at all to nexus 6 fans when we said we love the 6 inch screen and never want to go any smaller.

They weren't listening when people said the price was high.

They weren't listening at all to us, just like they never listen when people say to fix the damned camera and crappy battery life.

Oh and stop messing up the launches.

I swear to god, $1500 to the first phone maker that makes a 6+ inch screen with a giant removable battery and front facing duel speakers and STOCK ANDROID.

for the love of God phone makers how hard is it to do nothing to the software!?

All we want is a decent hardware package and software that Google will automatically update and that we don't need to rely on you for.

Blu pure xl is a $350 6 inch 2k screened phone with a 3500 mAh battery and 64 gb memory for $350.

It's a perfect phone at perfect price and blows the nexus 6x rumored specs out of the water.

If it came with stock Android half of us here would but it tomorrow and not even wait for the official reveal of the nexus 6x.

Yet it comes with a skin. Because Blu, who just repackages other phones to make their own, wants to invest in a brand to avoid becoming a no name brand that people buy just for the great price.

So they change a few things in the software and then you can't get an update without them giving it to you.

Wake up Blu, and all no name, mom and pop, and even Chinese phone makers. You are selling a commodity product and competing a little on design, more on specs, and a lot on price.

The one thing no one gives a damned about is your proprietary software.

Android used to be incomplete but isn't anymore.

All skins these days except for moto, just make software bulkier and slower and makes it impossible to update without rooting of a phone if the phone maker abandons a model.

So save yourself some money Samsung, htc, Lenovo, LG, Sony fire all your software engineers and just ship with stock.

Sony phones will be different than htc phones because they are water proof and have duel speakers.

Htc had boomsound, moto has its curved ergonomic design, and Samsung has the best screens.

LG had removable batteries and SD cards.

There are branding differences that people care about but software isn't one.

Be lazy, save money, and win the loyalty of the nexus fans who are tired of watching Google **** up the nexus so many times.

Or hell, Samsung, maker of a dozen versions of every phone, how about you just make a note 5 with stock Android.

That phone would be a lot better than the Huawei nexus this year and it literally would require no extra work on your part.

How is it possible that no one is willing to make a phone without a skin? How hard is it to not do anything, to be lazy and not hire software engineers?

preach on brother!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nssimpson