From OnLeaks, Get Excited

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
completely agree ... the right balance in efficiency and optimization takes precedence over simply keeping up with specs.

the sum is often greater than the parts, and IMO, the best smart phones are those that offer a great experience, not simply adding more power cause you're R&D can't find any useful new features

Yep. Agree also. The iPhone 6 Plus (and 6) use 1gb of RAM and they run smoother than just about every Android I've ever used (some up to 4gb ram). The nexus 6 is the closest, smoothest thing to an iPhone I've used. And surprisingly the 2gb RAM moto G runs incredibly smooth. My S6 ran horribly with all that RAM.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm surprised the larger phone will be smaller than the 2014 Nexus 6 but 5.7" is still too big for me. I'm still excited to see these when they launch though. I won't be buying one probably since I'm still planning to get the new Moto G.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Looking back, AndroidPolice had the leak early on with pretty good confidence about both batteries. They were right about LG being 2700, so im inclined to believe that the huawei has 3500 like they claimed.

You claim "They were right"... really, REALLY... did LG, Huawei, or Google actually officially release their specs for either or both of these Nexus devices and I did not see it??? Where are these official specs?

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Well these rumors become reality then looking forward to the Nexus 6. The design reminds of HTC One which loved look but never software. I personally like drop to 5.5inch screen it is just perfect phalet size for me. 5.1 to 5.5 doesn't seem to be much of change but take the Nexus 5(2013) vs a LG G4 and you will see a differencae. The G4 is .5 inches taller and .25 inches wider in the hand that defiantly noticeable difference then screen a half inch bigger as well hard to see. Looking at screen of Note 4 vs Nexus 5 (2013) the screen just looks massive in comparison.

I am very much excited to see what the Huewai Nexus 6 turns out to be my only gripe with the phone is I am a LCD fan rather a Amoled, However seeing last years Nexus 6 battery life still better than the Pure makes me feel inclined to go Amoled for Battery life sake.(Not saying screen type is only factor to batter life)

constable

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
4Go of RAM is not very usefull on stock Android.

Stock hardly use more than 1Go of RAM so that let you with around 1.7-1.8Go for multitasking which is huge.

A GS6 for example start with around 2.2Go of RAM used so basicly, with 3Go of RAM, you can't really keep more than 3 apps in background.

Makes perfect sense.

Since you reference stock, I come from experience with Samsung and touchwiz. How does stock differ?

kalookakoo

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
Oh calm down. Between reports that I find reliabe and the leaked battery filing, I am calling it. You can formulate your own opinion.

alex98#AC

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Makes perfect sense.

Since you reference stock, I come from experience with Samsung and touchwiz. How does stock differ?
It depends of which Samsung's model you have. But globally, stock Android has far less process in backgrounds due to the fact that it also has far less fonctionalities than TW. Globally I find stock smoother and apps run better on it IMO (for example, GMaps runs quit well on a Nexus but is very laggy on GN4).

I have an Note 4 actually and it's not that bad for multitasking. After a fresh boot, it used around 1.4Go of RAM and start killing apps around 2.3Go used. So I can keep around 6-7 apps in backgrounds.
But with a Nexus or an HTC, you can generally keep more than 10 apps in backgrounds before the OS start killing apps.

constable

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
It depends of which Samsung's model you have. But globally, stock Android has far less process in backgrounds due to the fact that it also has far less fonctionalities than TW. Globally I find stock smoother and apps run better on it IMO (for example, GMaps runs quit well on a Nexus but is very laggy on GN4).

I have an Note 4 actually and it's not that bad for multitasking. After a fresh boot, it used around 1.4Go of RAM and start killing apps around 2.3Go used. So I can keep around 6-7 apps in backgrounds.
But with a Nexus or an HTC, you can generally keep more than 10 apps in backgrounds before the OS start killing apps.

ugh. I'm embarrassed to say I'm still using an i747... got it brand new in 2012... didn't see anything worth paying the early upgrade fee for... but the time is now. For now, I'm considering the Note 5, Nexus 6 2015, and the rumoured LG G4 pro. The moto pure isn't being offered in Canada..

robert7107

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
21 days from now it will be official.. Hoping rumors are false about Huawei being only 5.5... Onleaks credibility is on the line as well.. Like the old saying gos ...
"Don't count your chickens before your eggs hatch"......

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
21 days from now it will be official.. Hoping rumors are false about Huawei being only 5.5... Onleaks credibility is on the line as well.. Like the old saying gos ...
"Don't count your chickens before your eggs hatch"......

We might find out this next week because if they are having press event they will be sending out invites to the press. Those invites should be announced in next couple of weeks.
Unless they having another press release through the Google Dev page or through the verge.

adamgalas1

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
What the heck was Google thinking?!

5.5 inch nexus 6? And at $700 for the 64 gb version?

Compare the specs of the nexus 5x and the nexus 6x.

Screen is tiny bit bigger and 2k, but all nexus geeks know that 2k on a 5.5 inch screen is pointless.

Same ram, 810 vs 808 processor which isn't an upgrade at all.

Camera will be a bit better at least hardware wise

Battery will be bigger and for $700 you can get a 64 gb vs a 32gb Max size in the nexus 5x.

But I ask you is a bigger battery, better speced camera, 32 gb more memory and 0.3 inch bigger screen worth $250?!

The point of offering two nexi this year was because the nexus 6 was incontrovertible the best nexus in history except the price and size upset some folks.

So this year you have a mix range regular size phone for the fans of cheap, small nexus 5

And a giant phablet speced to the Max, but built by huawei, known for giant beautiful phones with giant batteries and sold for reasonable prices.

The perfect way to extend the appeal of the brand especially since android is getting better every year and the need for skins is declining.

BUT now we find that the nexus 6x is hardly even a phablet and its battery hardly lives up to the Huawei potential and is actually more expensive!

WTF!

Let's compare the nexus 6 with the rumored nexus 6x shall we to see why Google just shoot itself in the foot.

Keep in mind that nexus fans often upgrade each year so it's very important that the nexus 6x offer an impressive value package or sales will suck.

5.5 inch 2k vs 6 inch 2k screen

Definate down grade

3 gb ram vs 3 gb ram

No upgrade

Front facing duel speakers

No upgrade

3500 vs 3220mAh battery

Upgrade

32/64 gb memory vs 32/64 gb memory

No upgrade

21 mp vs 13 mp camera with ois in both

Theoretical upgrade but software will be the same

$650/$700 vs $600/$650 original price but now $350/$400 for nexus 6

Bottom line the nexus 6x is a downgrade in almost all ways and costs more to give you less in what we pay much can all agree is an much uglier form factor.

For a company that was founded and run by geniuses Google seems to have lost its mind.

Because if these specs prove true then I can guarantee that the nexus 6x will undersell the nexus 6, and apparently Google was disappointed in those sales.

So to boost sales they took the one thing people lived about the nexus 6, the huge screen, made it no bigger than numerous other competitors, took the one thing everyone hated, the high price, and made it higher.

Then just for good measure they put in an 810 processor that everyone hats just months before the amazing 820 is released.

It makes no sense! I want to say that the rumors must be false because they are so disappointing and insanely stupid as to make the mind spin.

Yet I fear that these rumors will prove true because 2015 had proven the year of the disappointing phone.

If those rumors are true than anyone without a nexus 6 is an ***** for not buying one while supplies last, because Google may take years to become same regarding nexus phablet, assuming they ever do.

If the nexus 6 becomes out of stock then the best nexus of 2015 without a doubt we'll be the moto x PE.

And next year the software for that phone is likely to be jacked up by Lenovo.

Good I hope not because at this point moto is the only hope for nexus fans.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

kalookakoo

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
What the heck was Google thinking?!

5.5 inch nexus 6? And at $700 for the 64 gb version?

Compare the specs of the nexus 5x and the nexus 6x.

Screen is tiny bit bigger and 2k, but all nexus geeks know that 2k on a 5.5 inch screen is pointless.

Same ram, 810 vs 808 processor which isn't an upgrade at all.

Camera will be a bit better at least hardware wise

Battery will be bigger and for $700 you can get a 64 gb vs a 32gb Max size in the nexus 5x.

But I ask you is a bigger battery, better speced camera, 32 gb more memory and 0.3 inch bigger screen worth $250?!

The point of offering two nexi this year was because the nexus 6 was incontrovertible the best nexus in history except the price and size upset some folks.

So this year you have a mix range regular size phone for the fans of cheap, small nexus 5

And a giant phablet speced to the Max, but built by huawei, known for giant beautiful phones with giant batteries and sold for reasonable prices.

The perfect way to extend the appeal of the brand especially since android is getting better every year and the need for skins is declining.

BUT now we find that the nexus 6x is hardly even a phablet and its battery hardly lives up to the Huawei potential and is actually more expensive!

WTF!

Let's compare the nexus 6 with the rumored nexus 6x shall we to see why Google just shoot itself in the foot.

Keep in mind that nexus fans often upgrade each year so it's very important that the nexus 6x offer an impressive value package or sales will suck.

5.5 inch 2k vs 6 inch 2k screen

Definate down grade

3 gb ram vs 3 gb ram

No upgrade

Front facing duel speakers

No upgrade

3500 vs 3220mAh battery

Upgrade

32/64 gb memory vs 32/64 gb memory

No upgrade

21 mp vs 13 mp camera with ois in both

Theoretical upgrade but software will be the same

$650/$700 vs $600/$650 original price but now $350/$400 for nexus 6

Bottom line the nexus 6x is a downgrade in almost all ways and costs more to give you less in what we pay much can all agree is an much uglier form factor.

For a company that was founded and run by geniuses Google seems to have lost its mind.

Because if these specs prove true then I can guarantee that the nexus 6x will undersell the nexus 6, and apparently Google was disappointed in those sales.

So to boost sales they took the one thing people lived about the nexus 6, the huge screen, made it no bigger than numerous other competitors, took the one thing everyone hated, the high price, and made it higher.

Then just for good measure they put in an 810 processor that everyone hats just months before the amazing 820 is released.

It makes no sense! I want to say that the rumors must be false because they are so disappointing and insanely stupid as to make the mind spin.

Yet I fear that these rumors will prove true because 2015 had proven the year of the disappointing phone.

If those rumors are true than anyone without a nexus 6 is an ***** for not buying one while supplies last, because Google may take years to become same regarding nexus phablet, assuming they ever do.

If the nexus 6 becomes out of stock then the best nexus of 2015 without a doubt we'll be the moto x PE.

And next year the software for that phone is likely to be jacked up by Lenovo.

Good I hope not because at this point moto is the only hope for nexus fans.

Why are you acting like it has been released? Chill.

robert7107

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
A 5.7 in. Huawei nexus has me questioning what Google is doing but a 5.5 is totally ridiculous!!!!
If that was Google's plan then why even bother making two versions let alone two different manufacturers I mean it makes no sense to release a 5.2 and 5.5..
I love Google but sometimes I wonder what they are thinking... I hope that the rumors are just that and Huawei release a 5.7 in under $600 for 64gb...

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
A 5.7 in. Huawei nexus has me questioning what Google is doing but a 5.5 is totally ridiculous!!!!
If that was Google's plan then why even bother making two versions let alone two different manufacturers I mean it makes no sense to release a 5.2 and 5.5..
I love Google but sometimes I wonder what they are thinking... I hope that the rumors are just that and Huawei release a 5.7 in under $600 for 64gb...

Nothing is official so why are you even saying these remarks. People need to chill until things are official.

Posted via the Android Central App

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nssimpson