From OnLeaks, Get Excited

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
It pains me knowing I have to wait another 2 months or more to get my hands on the new Nexus 5. I'm loving the look, specs, and functionality of the new one already. The 5 was my favorite phone of all time and this one seems to improve upon all the sore spots of it.

Let the countdown begin.

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Seriously, Moto maker is pretty cool! Got my wife a Moto G 2G. She's not really into phones (except for the way they look), but it turned out to be perfect for her. Seriously considering a Moto X Pure Edition when it comes out. Not sure yet though.

Moto Maker is a game changer IMO. Us Android users have always had the ability to customize the interior but never the exterior. My Ohio State themed Moto Style will more than likely be my next purchase unless Nexus can do something to blow it out of the water. Active Display and the Always On features are so damn useful. I miss driving and being able to respond to text messages w/o my phone even leaving my pocket lol

hilgerone

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone seen specifications for what bands either the LG or Huawei cover? I'm on US Cellular and I'm hoping it covers the same bands as last year's nexus 6 so it might be an option for us at USC.

Posted via the Android Central App

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I respect everybody's opinion, and I certainly respect yours, but I gotta be honest, saying that "putting the scanner on the back means I always have to pick up my phone" just seems excessively picky. i mean, you prefer it up front and aren't a big speaker person,v that's totally cool and I get that. but to follow that up and say you don't want to always have to pick it up? sounds kinda unreasonable ... I've heard a ton of arguments, but I've honestly never heard that one before.

Hahaha well maybe I am picky, but I say that after using an iPhone 6 and a Galaxy S6. I can think of a lot of situations where My phone will be resting on a flat surface and I can unlock it by just pressing the button. It's simple, but for me, having to physically pick it up each time would be annoying.

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
By the way, has anyone heard any news about an LED notification light? I'm really hoping they'll bring it back at least for this year's Nexus 5.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Hahaha well maybe I am picky, but I say that after using an iPhone 6 and a Galaxy S6. I can think of a lot of situations where My phone will be resting on a flat surface and I can unlock it by just pressing the button. It's simple, but for me, having to physically pick it up each time would be annoying.

Use smart lock. I rarely have to manually unlock my android devices since smart lock came out.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
By the way, has anyone heard any news about an LED notification light? I'm really hoping they'll bring it back at least for this year's Nexus 5.

It will be there. It wasn't there last year because it was a Moto with active display or whatever they call it. It was redundant if they included it last year. Yes, I know it is there if you root.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

nothing wrong with that my man. I have ocd so I have my issues as well ... I think that protruding lens can be more of an inconvenience for you if you plan on using it on a flat surface

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
nothing wrong with that my man. I have ocd so I have my issues as well ... I think that protruding lens can be more of an inconvenience for you if you plan on using it on a flat surface

I don't really mind that. It's centered, so even if I am using my phone without a case, it should be balanced.

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
I like the look of it, except for the ugly fingerprint scanner.

Whether I'll be able to switch from my planned Moto X Play (which should go on sale any day now) is uncertain. The Moto phone should have better battery life as none of the rumours point to a 3630mAh or greater battery in the Nexus and the 620 SOC is still at 28nm, so no different from the 615 in that regard. Also the lack of micro SD expansion may be an issue as I'm likely to be getting one to use with the Moto X Play. I guess it'll all boil down to whether LG's camera can beat Motorola's.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone seen specifications for what bands either the LG or Huawei cover? I'm on US Cellular and I'm hoping it covers the same bands as last year's nexus 6 so it might be an option for us at USC.

I read a story that claims the Huawei Nexus is going to be a global LTE device, so I think you'd be covered by the same bands.

Sophos

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
He just posted this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn3PXxYY6hU

I know those are just renders but the bezels seem rather large on either side of the display. Hope they are smaller in reality. Other than that, I kinda like the way it looks. Hopefully the camera bulge won't be an issue.

I'd love to see some real leaks of the Huawei Nexus, from the rumors it sounds like it might be the more "premium" device.

I play with my food

Sophos

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

When I was with USCC they wouldn't activate phones unless they sold them. I know they sold the N6, are you assuming they will also carry the new Nexii devices or have they changed their policy?

I play with my food

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I know those are just renders but the bezels seem rather large on either side of the display. Hope they are smaller in reality. Other than that, I kinda like the way it looks. Hopefully the camera bulge won't be an issue.

I agree, but then I saw this video where a guy made a cutout of the 2015 Nexus 5 and it's nearly the same size as the G4. But like you said, hopefully the bezels are smaller in reality.

Sophos

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I agree, but then I saw this video where a guy made a cutout of the 2015 Nexus 5 and it's nearly the same size as the G4. But like you said, hopefully the bezels are smaller in reality.
[video]https://youtu.be/-kbhLIQV_pY[/url]

Huh, quite a bit larger than the OG N5 but I guess that makes sense considering the slightly larger screen and the dual front speakers.

I play with my food