Froyo Kill USB tether ?

sYnOnYx

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I have had USB tethering working over 4G since day 1 that I have had my EVO. Updated to the leaked froyo .3 version and BLAM ! no 4G tethering. I thought it was free ?

I know about pdanet and like but would rather not go that route....

anyone else lose their tether ?

sYnOnYx

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Yea until then were waiting on that 2.2 root !

I'd almost rather flash back to 2.1 to get my tether back.

Until then, PDAnet has me covered for a few days

kd0axs

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
Yea until then were waiting on that 2.2 root !

I'd almost rather flash back to 2.1 to get my tether back.

Until then, PDAnet has me covered for a few days

I thought I read reports that Froyo broke PDANet and other USB tethering apps too.

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes. It's a violation of your contract. Sprint wants that extra $30 a month. It's too steep for me. Maybe $10.

sYnOnYx

May 20, 2010
Visit site
They can cut you off if you use to much data. I've known a few idiots who were tethering and torrenting movies daily off 3G data. Sprint shut them down and canceled their service.

I agree, $10 a month for a single USB tether is reasonable. But then again, you can bridge the connection with ICS and use a wireless router

FractalSphere

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Yes. It's a violation of your contract. Sprint wants that extra $30 a month. It's too steep for me. Maybe $10.

Initially I was under the impression that the $10 was for hard-wired USB tethering, and the $30 for WiFi - but I was quickly shown how naive that was. ;)

sYnOnYx

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I don't remember where I read it, but I remember 4G usb tethering was supposed to be allowed. I guess I read wrong. This was before the EVO was released so I'm guessing that changed quick. I was under that impression too.

I was just loving the fact I could turn on 4G and then hit "usb tethering" on the phone when it popped up and it just worked. PDAnet works, but it tends to cut off alot and sometimes does not want to connect even though your settings are right.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174