Galaxy Note 3 - Coming from an iPhone

sddabrow

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: Coming from an iPhone

Awesome. Thanks for the advice. Downloading it now.

This is awesome to use with the stock messaging app, thanks for sharing. I didn't see how to get a Facebook or Twitter extension? Any advice?

Edit: Yet again I missed the setting for it lol

sddabrow

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
The app your looking for is NILS Notifications lock screen. It resembles the iPhone notifications on lock screen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AC Forums mobile app

I may be able to get used to this!

If I decide to stick with the Samsung default lock screen... any way I can stop the 'Messages' and 'Missed Call' widget to pop up? Seems like this widget would work for all that, but when I get a text or missed call, it goes to a separate lock screen. Is this just Samsung's way of doing it and no work around other than getting a custom lockscreen app?

htabbach

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site

Ah, thanks. So how can I install it since it doesn't let me on the Play Store due to it's incompatibilities? Or is it not worth it and I should look for another lockscreen app...

Welcome to the world of fragmentation buddy! Enjoy! lol

academy

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm also thinking of selling my iPhone 5 and putting it towards getting this beast of a phone! Those of you that have made the switch, can you still access your @me.com email from the note 3? If so does it sync with your iPad when you read or delete on the other? I have been told different things every time in the three store.
Thanks in advance

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm also thinking of selling my iPhone 5 and putting it towards getting this beast of a phone! Those of you that have made the switch, can you still access your @me.com email from the note 3? If so does it sync with your iPad when you read or delete on the other? I have been told different things every time in the three store.
Thanks in advance

Should you decide to make this move it'll feel like moving from a tee-pee to a castle. ...like going from Toyota Yaris to a Lexus LS, without the cost differential. ...like going from a hand-glider to an F22 Raptor.

All levity aside, your @me.com address should work just fine if you know your username and password (email address & password) which you do. You may have to get used to significantly larger device but if that's what you want it'll likely seem magical and that's w/out ever pulling the S-Pen out of its slot.

sddabrow

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Without getting a custom lock screen app, is it possible to turn off the Samsung Message notification widget on the lock screen?

Want to use Dashclock or NiLS, but every time I get a text it doesn't go under these. Instead it pops up the standard Samsung Message Widget off to the right.

academy

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Should you decide to make this move it'll feel like moving from a tee-pee to a castle. ...like going from Toyota Yaris to a Lexus LS, without the cost differential. ...like going from a hand-glider to an F22 Raptor.

All levity aside, your @me.com address should work just fine if you know your username and password (email address & password) which you do. You may have to get used to significantly larger device but if that's what you want it'll likely seem magical and that's w/out ever pulling the S-Pen out of its slot.

Lol thanks for that! I had a play with one earlier in store and was amazed that despite the much bigger screen, strangely it didn't look or feel too big as I thought it may!
Just need to consider what to do, still have a year left on three , ?414 to buy it out or ?630 to buy phone outright, it's a lot of money to be honest but can get around ?300 back on my iPhone 5

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I can definitely relate. The thing is that right now its new and hot. Next month or two something else will be...the One Max. Everyone will be talking about how the One Max's Boom Sound and 6" IPS LCD is better than the Note 3's screen. You have to make sure this is the device you want or you'll lose money. As a phone hore, I know this going in and sometimes just like to experience the new tech. The Note 3, though, IS the device I've been waiting since January for and I am happy with the purchase.

Note 8.0

Last edited:

Botti

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I can definitely relate. The thing is that right now its new and hot. Next month or two something else will be...the One Max. Everyone will be talking about how the One Max's Boom Sound and 6" IPS LCD is better than the Note 3's screen. You have to make sure this is the device you or you'll lose money. As a phone hore, I know this going in and sometimes just like to experience the new tech. The Note 3, though, IS the device I've been waiting since January for and I am happy with the purchase.

Note 8.0

Unless that Max brings a stylus and software supporting it, then I don't think so. Note3 just has most things either perfect or at the very least same old Samsung. The best phone Samsung has ever done, they really truly listened the customers.

Sent using Note3

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I use Textra. I've got it to where I select the notification from the pull down menu and I opens up a pop-up but nothing that I can select from the lock screen. I have my screen light up though so I know I got a message.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

Shawn_Leon83

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Can't believe the thread got this long without someone passing along the right directions, without buying roms, launchers, or doing all these extra extras.

In the messaging app--->Setting---->More---->Notification Settings----> Notifications

Voila!

sddabrow

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Can't believe the thread got this long without someone passing along the right directions, without buying roms, launchers, or doing all these extra extras.

In the messaging app--->Setting---->More---->Notification Settings----> Notifications

Voila!

Thanks. Should have been more clear. That would work for the lockscreen, but it would also take away the notification feature.

I ended up installing Textra. Now using NiLs and Floating Notification with Textra. Seems to work great.

Still isn't a quicker way to get from the lockscreen to the text message, but I think I got it to where I like it.... for now lol.

sddabrow

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site

I use the stock messaging app, widget locker for my lock screen and floating notifications. It is the perfect combination. The stock messaging app is really solid and simple, the widget locker allows you to go right into apps without swiping, and floating notifications leaves bubbles on any screen you are on so you can enter any app that has a notification for you. Perfect combo.

Posted via Android Central App

Are you able to get floating notifications chat heads to show your contact pictures for an SMS?

Can't seem to get that to work and it's frustrating me lol. Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

redrover69

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site

If Im not mistaken you can NOT use widgets on the lock screen if you have any security on the phone correct?

Like if you do the pattern or a pin or exchange etc etc...

Correct???

sddabrow

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site

If Im not mistaken you can NOT use widgets on the lock screen if you have any security on the phone correct?

Like if you do the pattern or a pin or exchange etc etc...

Correct???

Correct.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sgeneris