Galaxy Note 4 not charging

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I have rooted Sprint Galaxy Note 4 (SM-910P) on stock 4.4.4 android. I use TWRP recovery. Recently my phone has stopped charging. I have factory reset the phone and restored a prior Nandroid backup to no avail. Here is description of what happens:
Plug in while on: nothing happens.
Plug in while off: battery logo with bolt comes on for a few seconds, and then disappears (it does not just go away, it disappears like one of those old tv screens with the line lingering for half a second... can't really describe) and vibrates intermittently, maybe at 1 second intervals.
If I unplug and plug back in after this, I get no response until I remove and replace the battery. Then the logo comes and does all that jazz.

I'm not sure if this is hardware or software, as the phone was able to use the charging port for power when my battery was dead for when I had to wipe and restore from TWRP. I have bought the extra battery kit as a temporary fix but I would like to know if anyone has any insight on this issue, thank you.

Posted via the Android Central App

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I have rooted Sprint Galaxy Note 4 (SM-910P) on stock 4.4.4 android. I use TWRP recovery. Recently my phone has stopped charging. I have factory reset the phone and restored a prior Nandroid backup to no avail. Here is description of what happens:
Plug in while on: nothing happens.
Plug in while off: battery logo with bolt comes on for a few seconds, and then disappears (it does not just go away, it disappears like one of those old tv screens with the line lingering for half a second... can't really describe) and vibrates intermittently, maybe at 1 second intervals.
If I unplug and plug back in after this, I get no response until I remove and replace the battery. Then the logo comes and does all that jazz.

I'm not sure if this is hardware or software, as the phone was able to use the charging port for power when my battery was dead for when I had to wipe and restore from TWRP. I have bought the extra battery kit as a temporary fix but I would like to know if anyone has any insight on this issue, thank you.

Welcome to Android Central!

How does the port work when you are flashing ROM's and or Recoveries? So it work intermittently or work just fine?

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I haven't flashed anything or ported anything through the port yet. I put the Nandroid backup on through an sd card. I can try and flash another Rom to see if you need me to.

Thanks for the reply

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Second update: the computer cannot recognize the phone when it's plugged in, but it acknowledges that it's plugged in.

Could be a bad port. If you can't get it fixed you can always buy the QI charging adapter and charging pad. I think the adapter is $15 on Amazon and you can pick up a decent changing pad for $20. Worse case scenario.

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Won't that tie me down to that charging pad? Seems like a wire charger of 0 length wire to me. And does that support fast charging? I'll look this stuff up lol. Thanks for the reply though

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxolina