Galaxy Note 8 Tempered glass screen protector

jdondrox

Sep 26, 2017
Visit site
The Zagg curved glass has been great for me so far. Easy to install, no bubbles or fit issues. Doesn't obstruct the speaker, camera, etc. The touch sensitivity on the curved edges is good, but not great. But it's great with the S-pen and when gaming. Feels really smooth, I'm better than stock.

Fingerprints are an issue but I almost always have a microfiber cloth with me. Probably the biggest downside for me is the glare. It's not terrible, but definitely diminishes the brightness outdoors.

For the price - the glass should be finger print resistant

Is the adhesive all over the glass ?
or just around the edges

Tamaria LeRoy

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
I ordered the Whitestone tempered glass from Amazon after watching several tutorials on YouTube. It won't be available til Oct. 3rd and it was priced @ $50. The most I've ever spent on screen protectors. I'm currently using a Spigen screen protector with a Spigen case, that I'm enjoying.

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Watched a couple of YouTube videos that demonstrated glass screen protectors. He did the top brands and most of them were so-so. Gadget Guard seemed pretty good. Then he found a glass protector by Base and really likes this one. I ordered it through Power Peak.

https://www.powerpeakproducts.com/base-tempered-glass-screen-protector-for-galaxy-note-8

Video showing demo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeIEnYJRkZQ

My Base came in the other day and I just installed it. I must say that I really like it. Very clear and the touch sensitivity is very good!

cmartin5777

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
After a few Amazon fails...I went to my local Fry's and bought this one for $ 19.99. I have no loss of screen sensitivity and Spen works great.

Cellio 3D Curved Glass Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy Note8

Last edited:

zedexdriver98

Aug 15, 2017
Visit site

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Anyone try zagg's other screen protector, the InvisibleShield HD? Not glass but sounds pretty good. But no one has reviewed it yet, either on Amazon or on the Zagg website.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
The Zagg curved glass has been great for me so far. Easy to install, no bubbles or fit issues. Doesn't obstruct the speaker, camera, etc. The touch sensitivity on the curved edges is good, but not great. But it's great with the S-pen and when gaming. Feels really smooth, I'm better than stock.

Fingerprints are an issue but I almost always have a microfiber cloth with me. Probably the biggest downside for me is the glare. It's not terrible, but definitely diminishes the brightness outdoors.

I haven't noticed any fingerprint issue with my Zagg glass protector, except when I hard press the home key. The glare off the glass is seldom bothersome since the screen is so bright even in sunlight. I find the screen sensitivity to be great, although to be honest, my phone's screen was naked for less than a day, before the Zagg glass was installed. So I really don't recall the sensitivity of the naked screen and whether it was much better or not. If it was better, it might actually have been too sensitive for me, since I find the screen sensitivity to be perfect with the Zagg glass.

In addition, I particularly like that I can try out any case for my phone and can be confident that it won't interfere with the screen protector.

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if there is any chance Whitestone will make another version of theirs to be more case friendly. If they do, I'd be all over it in a heartbeat. For now, I'm using a Skinomi wet applied film. Not crazy about it since I used a tempered glass screen protector for the last two years on my N4 and absolutely loved it.

Maybe I'll just wait for someone else to come out with a full adhesive glass protector. Surely, some will be released soon with the popularity of the N8.

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if there is any chance Whitestone will make another version of theirs to be more case friendly. If they do, I'd be all over it in a heartbeat. For now, I'm using a Skinomi wet applied film. Not crazy about it since I used a tempered glass screen protector for the last two years on my N4 and absolutely loved it.

Maybe I'll just wait for someone else to come out with a full adhesive glass protector. Surely, some will be released soon with the popularity of the N8.
So you'll be waiting on this then.....
712fed73f67c67a6c66dae15e02f8b72.jpg

Billy Brick

Oct 1, 2017
Visit site
After moving to the S7E after the N7 fiasco, I tried several types of tempered glass for the Edge. None would stay on the edges so I have been going without anything for almost a year and I have to say I pretty impressed. So far, so good and zero issues on the screen. I'll probably continue this route with the N8 because I doubt anything will adhere to the edges and allow a case to be used.

Don't do it! Gorilla glass 5 on the Note 8 is softer than butter. I've had mine a week without screen protector, already has scratches. I've not carried it with anything else, just on it's own in my pocket. It has also developed a tiny crack in the middle of the screen, I haven't even dropped it yet. Very disappointed in the screen quality.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Don't do it! Gorilla glass 5 on the Note 8 is softer than butter. I've had mine a week without screen protector, already has scratches. I've not carried it with anything else, just on it's own in my pocket. It has also developed a tiny crack in the middle of the screen, I haven't even dropped it yet. Very disappointed in the screen quality.
Had mine almost a month, screen is still perfect......

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

I've got over 10 cases, and my Whitestone Dome works with all of them. There are videos showing all the cases you can use with it. Hundreds of cases. It's extremely case friendly in my experience. Best curved glass protector out there.y Co worker tod me that if I hadn't told him there was one on my phone, he'd have never known.