Galaxy Note 8 Tempered glass screen protector

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
I've got over 10 cases, and my Whitestone Dome works with all of them. There are videos showing all the cases you can use with it. Hundreds of cases. It's extremely case friendly in my experience. Best curved glass protector out there.y Co worker tod me that if I hadn't told him there was one on my phone, he'd have never known.

Not friendly with the UAG plasma series, which is my favorite case. Or the rinke case I have. It works fine with my others though. Guess I have to stick with the cases that work. Starting my returns on those cases soon.

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Not friendly with the UAG plasma series, which is my favorite case. Or the rinke case I have. It works fine with my others though. Guess I have to stick with the cases that work. Starting my returns on those cases soon.
But it works with the UAG Monarch if you like that one

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Don't do it! Gorilla glass 5 on the Note 8 is softer than butter. I've had mine a week without screen protector, already has scratches. I've not carried it with anything else, just on it's own in my pocket. It has also developed a tiny crack in the middle of the screen, I haven't even dropped it yet. Very disappointed in the screen quality.

I have a small scratch on my screen too. I have had a glass screen protector on since day one and have yet to drop my phone. Don't know how I got the scratch. I took the screen protector off to put another one on and noticed the scratch. Not too happy with the screen on this phone.

biswasd

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:

Faded03cobra198p

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
there are now 2 full adhesive options available on amazon....i just bought the AUNEOS one....looks great - waaaayyy easier than dealing with the whitestone....no bubbles....and i can confirm....its really full adhesive including the edges.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6003071

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6003071

Looks like a good alternative to the Whitestone. I have a feeling more companies will release a full adhesive screen. I love the whitestone, had a perfect install. I can see where it can be easily messed up though.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
there are now 2 full adhesive options available on amazon....i just bought the AUNEOS one....looks great - waaaayyy easier than dealing with the whitestone....no bubbles....and i can confirm....its really full adhesive including the edges.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6003187

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6003187

Bodyguardz is coming out with the Pure Arc ES full adhesive for the Note 8 soon.

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Bodyguardz is coming out with the Pure Arc ES full adhesive for the Note 8 soon.
Just wish I knew how soon. I can't stand this crappy Skinomi wet applied film on my screen. It's keeping it from getting scratched but the user experience is pathetic compared to a tempered glass screen protector.

jazzman161

Sep 16, 2017
Visit site

Which case do you have? Looking around I can only find it's compatible with AUENOS cases. Looking for a case friendly option (UAG Monarch).

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
They are case friendly. I'm using with Ringke card case from Amazon.

Also tried with Ringke Air as well...no problems.
But I have the Speck Presidio Grip case and have no idea if these two posted above will work with it. I'm holding out for the Bodyguardz full adhesive model, ATM.

Mike_2017

Oct 4, 2017
Visit site
Why there are no standard films available any more? Is the choice only between glass and self-healing films that makes the screen looks weird and makes all s-pen moves visible on the screen?

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Why there are no standard films available any more? Is the choice only between glass and self-healing films that makes the screen looks weird and makes all s-pen moves visible on the screen?
I'm hoping Boxwave gets in gear and makes some of their Clear Touch Crystal available soon for the N8. I've used that type in the past on other devices and they were the best of the "hard" film type. I emailed them and they said it would be a few weeks before they were available. Not sure if they can precurve the edges or not, though. I don't see how these harder types would work unless the edges were pre-formed to fit the screen's curved edges.

All I know is I can't stand this Skinomi film I have on mine now. Leaves tracks everywhere and they don't go away.

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I have been real happy with the Zagg Invisible Shield Curve glass screen protector. I had a little bit of a rainbow haze when I first applied it but it went away. I have had it on for a month now and the rainbow haze effect just came back and it is only visible when the screen is off. I sent an email to Zagg regarding the situation and they are sending me a replacement at absolutely no cost and no shipping charge. You can say what you want about Zagg, but their customer service is exceptional!!!

KateBeckett

Sep 16, 2017
Visit site

I'm using the Samsung official screen protector for the S8+. It's a dry install and the S-Pen doesn't leave marks on it. I just wish it were a mm or two longer. :(

I'm hoping Samsung releases a Note 8 version, but I'm also not holding my breath.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick