Galaxy s7 edge overheating

Davey Yorkie

Oct 17, 2018
Visit site
Ok so I have an s7 edge picked it up cheap as a repair jobby .. phone didn't work when got it so I reinstalled firmware original from Samsung and hey Presto phone works fine .. it has been dropped at some point as screen is cracked .. however my issue is that the phone is overheating or at least I think this is the problem

It worked fine for 2 or 3 days and then yesterday kept shutting down on me and was really hot . I've taken it apart and had a look and there is no physical signs of damage to the cpu I've checked the temps and the battery is a nice steady temp however the cpu is reaching 50 degrees just sat at idle I know this isn't right but I'm not sure what could be causing it .

The lady said it turned off and wouldn't come back on so my thought is could this all be caused by a bad battery? Or is the motherboard damaged from the drop . I don't want to spend a fortune trying to fix it if it's not worth it . It does work as I managed to type this message from it however do anything to heavy like a game or watch a video and it will die and restart it wasn't doing this for 2 days though which has confused me more

Any help with this or ideas would be appreciated

Oh and hello all