[GB][2.11.605.0][Sense3.0]BAMF Forever 1.0.7

DirtMcGirt

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm running 1.0.7. Any reason NOT to go to 1.0.8?
Also, can someone link to the download page for these? At least I couldn't find it in the thread.

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Also, can someone link to the download page for these? At least I couldn't find it in the thread.

Why wouldn't you? Front facing camera works now. :)

To answer your question I haven't found any drawbacks. The rootzwiki and bamf sites would have more in depth discussion.

Sent from my Bolt via Tapatalk.

DirtMcGirt

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Why wouldn't you? Front facing camera works now. :)

To answer your question I haven't found any drawbacks. The rootzwiki and bamf sites would have more in depth discussion.

Sent from my Bolt via Tapatalk.

Thanks, should I bother updating a kernel with this version or just use the stock one that's packaged with it? I'm assuming it's the same as 0.7

spartanguy81

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
First of all, if you are running any BAMF rom, you should think about being a member at the bamf forums, their full thread about forever can be found here: (you need to be a member to view links)

[GB][2.11.605.3][Sense3.0]BAMF Forever 1.0.8

If you just want to download 1.0.8 you can do that here:

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Change log for 1.0.8

Gtalk video is 100% fixed. No more inverted ffc.
Stock app should be properly sized.
A lot under the hood fixes and enhancements.
ICS clock, credit Android Police.
<<Don't mind the software version in about phone>>
<<<You do not have to wipe, but it might be a good idea>>>

I didn't wipe and everything is running fine, using IMO's 3.8.0 or 4.0.1 kernels seems to re-break gtalk video...

Last edited:

The_Engine

Super Genius
Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
First of all, if you are running any BAMF rom, you should think about being a member at the bamf forums, their full thread about forever can be found here: (you need to be a member to view links)

[GB][2.11.605.3][Sense3.0]BAMF Forever 1.0.8

If you just want to download 1.0.8 you can do that here:

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Change log for 1.0.8

I didn't wipe and everything is running fine, using IMO's 3.8.0 or 4.0.1 kernels seems to re-break gtalk video...

Anyone getting force closes on superuser?

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Anyone getting force closes on superuser?

I was... after spending a whole day trying to figure it out :( I reflashed the ROM (deleting data & caches) and this time instead of restoring SU from my backup of apps.... I restored every other app except SU and freshly installed SU from the market. Everything was working fine after that. I was getting force closures and permission errors on a bunch of apps. Not restoring SU from my backup and doing a clean install of the app seemed to fix everything.

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site

Direct Link

Scroll down to the links

There isn't any cosmetic differences in the 1.0.7 and 1.0.8 that I can tell.

Here is what is posted on TEAMBAMF's page:

spartanguy81

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Direct Link

Scroll down to the links

There isn't any cosmetic differences in the 1.0.7 and 1.0.8 that I can tell.

Here is what is posted on TEAMBAMF's page:

your post looks an awful lot like my post :confused:

as far as reasons to switch, i don't use gtalk video (I use IMO's kernel anyways which breaks it)...how adr manages to not specifically point out the new camera (from the Amaze 4g)...its pretty much just awesome, takes a bit of getting used to (the menu is on the left, zoom controls on the bottom), no shutter lag is awesome though...

jfarinella

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
For my first root this version was unbelievable. After a battery conditioning cycle I am getting 18 hours and still have 40 percent left on my phone. Everything seems quicker. Skype video was having a problem until I install the 1.0.8 update. I still seem to be having a problem with the sequence of text messages within a conversation. Overall I am very pleased. Thanks to CharlesTheMan for the help.

rflores5432

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Well, I flashed from 1.0.07 to 1.0.08 yesterday. I've noticed that my browser is basically stuck in "mobile view" mode. Even with "mobile view" unchecked under browser settings, its still loads all websites in mobile mode. Anyone else notice this issue after flashing 1.0.08? I didn't have this issue with 1.0.07

spartanguy81

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Well, I flashed from 1.0.07 to 1.0.08 yesterday. I've noticed that my browser is basically stuck in "mobile view" mode. Even with "mobile view" unchecked under browser settings, its still loads all websites in mobile mode. Anyone else notice this issue after flashing 1.0.08? I didn't have this issue with 1.0.07

It's part of the enhanced browser. Go to browser settings and select reset to default.

Now UN checking mobile view should work.

Last edited:
Reactions: FrankXS

rflores5432

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
aahhh! I almost did that, cleared cache and cookies, etc but didn't reset to default. I guess I should have. works fine now! Thanks for the help!

orgelbau

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Flashed 1.07. This is my favorite ROM so far. After rebooting several times, my cool BAMF boot animation and startup/shutdown splash screens have vanished. I now am left with the stock Thunderbolt screens. How do I get my das BAMF back? Checking the show boot animation box under BAMF settings did not work.

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Flashed 1.07. This is my favorite ROM so far. After rebooting several times, my cool BAMF boot animation and startup/shutdown splash screens have vanished. I now am left with the stock Thunderbolt screens. How do I get my das BAMF back? Checking the show boot animation box under BAMF settings did not work.

Try this link

TEAM BAMF

Peace

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter