Gmail Notification Problem

amaskell12

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I know this has been a topic before, but I havent checked since before the update to 2.2.

Anyways, does anyone have an answer for the Gmail problem? I can't remember the last time I actually received a notification through my phone WITHOUT going in and hitting the "refresh" button.

Any solutions?

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I know this has been a topic before, but I havent checked since before the update to 2.2.

Anyways, does anyone have an answer for the Gmail problem? I can't remember the last time I actually received a notification through my phone WITHOUT going in and hitting the "refresh" button.

Any solutions?

I've been on 2.2 for a couple of months now and always get my Gmail notifications. I am now running the Comm Rom and it ROCKS!

amaskell12

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Must be nice.

I just know several owners are having the same problem, just didnt know if this occured after one of the updates or....? I've tried the k9 mail and everything, still no luck.

Do you think this is a hardware issue that needs to be brought up with Verizon?

cpark_12

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Mine started doing this about 2 days ago. I can't get the gmail app to notify me our receive any emails...i have to use the stock email app

Swyped via Tapatalk

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I am running a non stock ROM and I get all notifications (Gmail, Facebook, etc). I suggest, if you are comfortable with it, to root your phone and run the Community Rom. It is simply awesome!

goatpower69

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Wow this was just something I accepted as not working with my phone but I addressed it today.

Turns out I just didnt have gmail set up to sync through my phone settings. For any other idiots out there, from your homescreen Settings> Accounts and Sync > "Gmail account" > check Gmail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej