Good bye PALM PRE!

ostrange

May 15, 2010
Visit site
As i said above,so its time to backup all my stuff and do a full erase ready for trade-in.I gotta copy & paste all my important memo's and email them to myself straight from the pre! kinda annoying but i need to do it.The pre was fun while it lasted but just couldnt keep up with the android goodness.Preware and patches were kinda cool but nothin exciting.Palm made a big deal about video recording and other stuff when the android been had that stuff already.The palm pre was so late on apps that android/iphone has had for like 6 months to a year already WHO CARES.Sorry to bash u pre but all i did on the phone was go on twitter,facebook,take pics,memo's and a lil web.Android has so much in store and continues to grow fast and rapidly.Imma be so happy with my HTC evo and will report here as soon as i get it.Android has caught my eye since it first came out! The iphone for some reason doesnt catch my attention at all! plus everyone and there mama got one lol,I mean its a good phone and im not bashin it but i felt like i didnt have to go out of my way to get it.The Evo on the other hand is a different story! Hopefully these forums dont flood 2morrow cause i wanna squezze into all the evo talk.Anyways its late and i still gotta back up this pre.TALK TO U GUYS 2MORROW:cool:

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
The one thing I really like about the Pre isn't the phone at all... but rather the development software palm released. Aries is soooo easy to use, that even I can do it. I'll learn for Android... but first things first.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I gotta copy & paste all my important memo's and email them to myself straight from the pre!
Ooooh! Thanks for reminding me. Just copied them to an Evernote item. Shuffling between the cards made me sad that I had to abandon webOS. I hope C&Ping is similarly easy on Android.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Ooooh! Thanks for reminding me. Just copied them to an Evernote item. Shuffling between the cards made me sad that I had to abandon webOS. I hope C&Ping is similarly easy on Android.

It doesn't work everywhere (like the text field of the default gmail app), but its pretty straight forward to use. Long press--copy text-- drag finger over what you want.

ostrange

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I JUST PRESSED THE FULL ERASE BUTTON! TIME FOR SOME ICE CREAM HAHA! Wish i had a beer right now.11 hours till i get my phone.

mcduffer

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
As soon as I get my EVO today from Best Buy I will proceed to go into the parking lot and smash my Pre on the ground. See ya Palm...er HP!

darkcovers

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I loved my pre and still do.
Still moving on though. I use my premiere upgrade from sprint every year.
:)

This looks like the phone that will last me a year.
Hopefully HP and Palm can get some great hardware for webos next year.

jmeitz

May 25, 2010
Visit site
i just sold my pre on ebay last night for the evo. they are not going for as much as i would have liked. 5 weeks ago i sold my wife's pre for 150 with a crack in the corner. Last night i was able to get 114 for mine and its in perfect shape, as there are a ton of them out there right now. Good luck selling it.

arghitskevin

May 11, 2010
Visit site
It'll be a sad moment once I stop using this Pre in 20 more minutes. I loved it for the most part, but had way too many issues in the past few months. Here's to hoping Palm + HP come up with something spectacular in the next year, but for now, I'm going to enjoy my EVO!

dannydos

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
i got my EVO this morning at the shack. it was the last one...i have a feeling sprint will have a hard time keeping this phone on the shelves. i'm very excited about the EVO... bye bye plam pre!!!!!!!!!!

dullgeek

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
As soon as I get my EVO today from Best Buy I will proceed to go into the parking lot and smash my Pre on the ground. See ya Palm...er HP!
Whoa! Don't do that! Send it to me. I'll pay shipping.

That offer extends to anyone who has a desire to rid themselves of their Sprint Palm Pre or Pixi.

Last edited:

KRYER1

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
just placed the order for the evo 3d on the htc web site. cant wait to get it in a couple of day, in on my 8th pre, ill make a nice mp3 player...

edbbates11

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
My 6 year old son uses my old pre for games. It keeps him buisy for hours.
Pre is still fun to mess with.

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Treyrday86