Google Maps view from the top in navigation

Planins

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I am sorry if this has been asked before but the newest thread on the issue I could find was from 2010. When I am using Google Maps in navigation mode on my Galaxy S4, it shows me the route from the top, with the view not following the direction.
It didn't use to be like that before, it used to be like any other GPS app - behind the blue arrow, and it is really annoying me. Please tell me what is causing that. Thanks :)

Screenshot_2014-07-18-16-22-41[1].jpg

Indoler

Banned
Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
I am sorry if this has been asked before but the newest thread on the issue I could find was from 2010. When I am using Google Maps in navigation mode on my Galaxy S4, it shows me the route from the top, with the view not following the direction.
It didn't use to be like that before, it used to be like any other GPS app - behind the blue arrow, and it is really annoying me. Please tell me what is causing that. Thanks :)

TBH I haven't a clue. Probably a setting.
But I don't have that problem with the free navigation app Waze (which was purchased by Google Maps a few months ago for 4 billion...; apparently worth it to them).

Planins

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
TBH I haven't a clue. Probably a setting.
But I don't have that problem with the free navigation app Waze (which was purchased by Google Maps a few months ago for 4 billion...; apparently worth it to them).
Nah, I have a problem with pretty much any other free navigation app in my country, as Google's support is the best. I can still use Maps without a problem, but this is simply annoying.

Edit: It's also worth mentioning that I have already been through the settings more than once and there is no option for that, as far as I am aware.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Near the top right of the map, see the circle with the N and red arrow pointing up? Tap that to switch between north up and heading up, which is the option you're looking for.

Planins

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I have tired it and it is nice, but I still strongly prefer Google Maps so please, if anybody knows how to resolve that issue, try to help me :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia