Google Nexus 6 on Verizon

CKaelin

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
I just got in on the play store pre order today. :). I was refreshing the page from about 5 minutes of one EST and boom at about 12 minutes past One I got 32GB midnight blue one. I am on verizon with unlimited data so have no upgrades available without losing my unlimited data. Guess I'll find out if I can switch from my 3 year old RAZR Maxx in a couple weeks when it ships. 11/21 is the suggested ship date. ;)

Posted via the Android Central App

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I just got in on the play store pre order today. :). I was refreshing the page from about 5 minutes of one EST and boom at about 12 minutes past One I got 32GB midnight blue one. I am on verizon with unlimited data so have no upgrades available without losing my unlimited data. Guess I'll find out if I can switch from my 3 year old RAZR Maxx in a couple weeks when it ships. 11/21 is the suggested ship date. ;)

I'm in the same situation as you. I just pre ordered the white 32GB version instead.

Adamd1169

May 20, 2010
Visit site

Got a blue one at 1:54 with a ship date of the 26th. It's almost like someone at Google was putting them up one at a time and laughing at us scramble for them. Hopefully my m8 sim will work!

Posted via Android Central App

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I ordered a Nexus today, I'm just wondering what will happen with my SIM, which is the next size up from the size the Nexus uses. I actually bought a SIM cutter on Amazon, so I'm hoping I can just do that and be fine, but I'm worried I'll screw it up, and have to go to Verizon, anyway.

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I ordered a Nexus today, I'm just wondering what will happen with my SIM, which is the next size up from the size the Nexus uses. I actually bought a SIM cutter on Amazon, so I'm hoping I can just do that and be fine, but I'm worried I'll screw it up, and have to go to Verizon, anyway.
Don't worry, be happy! You have one coming!
The cutters work fine if you are moderately careful. If you are a 10 thumbs person, I'm sure you have a dexterous friend or acquaintance who can help. Worst case, you go to Verizon for a new one. NBD.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: Google Nexus 6 voice and data

Not necessarily. You could port it to Google voice and then forward inbound to your handset and to Hangouts.

It's still operates in diminished capacity. If you go out of the wifi area to a cell area, or vice versa, while on a call, calls drop (at least for me) on Hangouts. Also, you can't always conference in new calls to an existing call. I'm sure there are other items as well, but that's the two that come to mind off the top. In short, albeit becoming a fairly good one, it's not at the level where VoLTE is a moot innovation.

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site

It's still operates in diminished capacity. If you go out of the wifi area to a cell area, or vice versa, while on a call, calls drop (at least for me) on Hangouts. Also, you can't always conference in new calls to an existing call. I'm sure there are other items as well, but that's the two that come to mind off the top. In short, albeit becoming a fairly good one, it's not at the level where VoLTE is a moot innovation.
I wasn't suggesting using WiFi. It works over 3G/4G which is combining voice and data (all just packets in this case)... A good workaround for topic under discussion.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

I wasn't suggesting using WiFi. It works over 3G/4G which is combining voice and data (all just packets in this case)... A good workaround for topic under discussion.

Valid point - so many threads, it's easy to get the bases mixed.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: voice and data

The iPhone 6 has a single antenna like the Moto X, Droid Turbo and Nexus 6 and also only gets voice and data at the same time when VoLTE is enabled but when it is you can call any number while still using data it's just HD Voice that doesn't work.

Yes as you said -- on a VoLTE call it will be able to use Voice and data --- if the call is not a VoLTE call it will not work. Verizon has limited VoLTE (Verizon to Verizon) at the moment. They're working with AT&T on a deal but theirs is more restrictive.... Whereas on T-Mobile I can call anyone and it will use VoLTE .. Any wireless number or landline.

melbathy

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: +1 Like Tweet Rate Thread Add Poll For those wondering if the N6 will work on Verizon...

When you get your N6, just go into the store and ask for a nano sim. They'll program it to have your phone number on there and put it into your N6. Should also be free. I've never paid for a nano sim from Verizon and I've had to do this twice. In & out right away as soon as someone begins helping you.

ucsdsig

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: +1 Like Tweet Rate Thread Add Poll For those wondering if the N6 will work on Verizon...

I got my N6 order in as well yesterday (64GB Blue). Will be a tough decision whether to go with the N6 or keep my Note 4. Both have their advantages.

soulglo

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

Will that work if Verizon still hasn't officially said anything about carrying the phone? We know it'll work on VZ's network if you throw in an already active sim, but will a rep give you one and activate it if they don't actually carry the phone?

For some reason i foresee them giving people a hassle about it.

reb0957

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site

After trying to call them and could not get a person. I sent the messages to their twitter account. @verizonwireless I still have not received a response. So, I got in chat with someone and they said to basically blow up their twitter account so upper management knows people want it.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Will bootloader be unlocked in VZW? I'm also curious if it will have a multicolor led notifier, fm radio, ir remote capability?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnsd84