Google Pixel Fold preorders are seemingly being canceled left and right

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I luckily got this issue fixed before orders started processing, but it's a horrible feeling when you've been eagerly waiting for this phone to ship.

A few weeks ago my delivery date went from June to mid August so I emailed support to ask why. They said nothing about the delivery date, but said "oh by the way, your payment was cancelled". The payment said confirmed on the order, and so I called American Express, and they said, sure enough, the payment was totally fine and approved. I called Support back and the agent was completely baffled, he had no idea why it was showing up as cancelled, so he spent a good 45 minutes or so manually fixing it.

Fast forward to today, and my Pixel fold is out for delivery as we speak, but I'm 100% sure that mine would have been cancelled had I not called to get it fixed ahead of time.

justinfreitag

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I luckily got this issue fixed before orders started processing, but it's a horrible feeling when you've been eagerly waiting for this phone to ship.

A few weeks ago my delivery date went from June to mid August so I emailed support to ask why. They said nothing about the delivery date, but said "oh by the way, your payment was cancelled". The payment said confirmed on the order, and so I called American Express, and they said, sure enough, the payment was totally fine and approved. I called Support back and the agent was completely baffled, he had no idea why it was showing up as cancelled, so he spent a good 45 minutes or so manually fixing it.

Fast forward to today, and my Pixel fold is out for delivery as we speak, but I'm 100% sure that mine would have been cancelled had I not called to get it fixed ahead of time.
Hopefully you'll have a good experience. Recent reviews highlighting issues with the foldable panel aren't particularly encouraging though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174