Google Smart Lock is blocking my Spotify! S-4

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Out of the blue today, Google Smart Lock blocked my Spotify such that it only partially loads. I have never activated Smart Lock, do not need it, and want to kill it until it is dead! I went to Settings to find & uninstall it; no-findie. Went to Security>Advanced (like my brain can actually do anything advanced...) but the "Trust agents" is grayed out (greyed out for you Brits with funny accents, bad spelling and haggis). No-workie: The light gray (not grey) sub-title reads "Set screen lock type to use." What does THAT mean, and how does one set a screen lock. I never lock my screen or set codes because it's irritating have that extra step, and because no one in his right mind would try to steal MY phone (grrr!). So how do I unf%#@k this phone? Thanks. -- Sincerely, No-brainie

Roxy Rachel

May 25, 2019
Visit site
Hi,
I was having the same problem and after about 30 minutes of frustration, figured it out. I went to Settings>Google>Smart Lock for Passwords. Then turned both options of saving details and autologging in, off. Then I went onto Spotify and it just let me re-log in. Hope this works for you too.

doublebarrett

Jun 21, 2019
Visit site
Thank you Roxy Rachel,

Just solved my problem...
Other threads I read online led me to google account settings
and I was starting to get mad
your easy solution is sweet and funky
sometimes you just dont have the energy to go
through all settings...
anyway cheers:)
peace out