Gorilla Glass 3 - Do we still need screen protecters?

gorwani12

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
I also was part of the no screen protector crowd and never bothered to use one since i had my s2. But trust me, when you do get that first scratch or scratches like I did you will think twice. Now I will always use one.
I'm on the side of the screen protectors. A scratch can change your mind :)

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Was thinking about getting the Spigen Glas.tr for my new S4 but was wondering how easy these are to remove after they have been on the phone a while?

raymaane

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I've always been Team SP. I swear by Zagg as well, application is smooth and painless, no dust or air bubbles! It does take away from the smoothness of scrolling on just glass screen, but you get used to it.

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have never used screen protectors or cases on any of my devices and I've had just about everything since the original Palm Pilot and Windows CE device.

BBBlake

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Your keys are much softer than Gorilla Glass, so they're unlikely to scratch you screen. The most common cause of a scratched GG screen is sand that finds its way into your pocket.

ajarnfalang

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
The new S4 will come with Gorilla Glass 3, but do we still need screen protecters? As well as a new case i was on the hunt for a new screen shield, ive always used zagg on my iphones and on my last iphone i used the Zagg HD, but they do take something away from the screen. Recently theres been the new Zagg Extreme which does look amazing in the videos and im sure it will take some punishment in the real world too, but i bet it takes the clarity away from the screen.

Surely this new screen in the S4 should be strong enough to handle everyday hairline-annoying scratches and hopefully some more. Is it worth getting additional screen protection? For the first time ever im thinking i can handle this thing naked to enjoy its full 1080 HD glory.

Just out of curiosity what is the best screen protecter out there, if i was ever to buy another id like to go for an anti-glare type, any suggestions?

It will get scratched.

I had my iphone 4 without a screen protector. It eventually got a small scratch, and the phone lived in a soft pouch.

Yesterday I was using a GS4 and LG G Pro and they both had scratches.

Since you can't see screen protectors when they're on, then why not put one?

I had a friend that never put screen protectors. Always said his phones never got scratched and made fun of my iphone and my screen protector. So I took his Samsung Omnia and wiped it clean and put it against a light. And guess what?

Screen protector. Get one.

He actually asked me if I had a screen protector. He couldn't see it. Once it is on, it's invisible. I get the anti scratch one. The anti fingerprint one is different.

My iphone 4 went a while without getting a scratch, but eventually it did. And once you see it, you will always see it.

mahler9

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't think you need a screen protector, unless you really intend to shove the phone into a pocket or backpack where sand, keys, etc can damage it. Just get a case with a cover and use it when you leave the house, you won't have a problem.

ajarnfalang

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I don't think you need a screen protector, unless you really intend to shove the phone into a pocket or backpack where sand, keys, etc can damage it. Just get a case with a cover and use it when you leave the house, you won't have a problem.

It can rest in a pillow of feathers and eventually it will get a scratch.

I don't know of any person who takes care more of their phones than me. My iphone 4 lived in a soft pouch and was always in my pocket. Yes without anything else. I never shoved it in bags or whatever. It went from my pocket to my night table to charge at night and I even turned the phone and put it back inside the pouch as it charged.

It will scratch. If you drop it and it slides on the floor. It will scratch. Eventually it will scratch no matter what. The bigger the screen the higher the chance it will happen.

ajarnfalang

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Screen protectors are a benefit against the oh-crap moments and its cheaper than replacing the screen itself. GG3 is great but not indestructible.

The first GS3 I saw at the Samsung store had a giant scratch right across the screen.

When I changed my iphone 4 for the 4s I literally had the guy take it out of the box, take off the plastic and immediately put a screen protector on it. This phone has never been without one. Maybe 20 seconds as it came out of the box 2 years ago.

Today the screen protector has about 2 or 3 small scratches. I have no idea how it scratched. But, it's just the screen protector. So who cares.

ajarnfalang

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
For anyone looking for a good screen protector but doesn't want to sacrifice the feel of glass should try the spigen glasT screen protector. Its a thin sheet of glass so you dont lose clarity or sense of the "naked feel." I've had it on my iphone 5 since release and haven't had an issue.
I'm one of those ppl that still uses a sp because even though i'm usually very careful with my phone there is always that one time when it gets too friendly with my keys or someone else isn't quite as careful.

Amazon.com: SPIGEN SGP SGP10176 GLAS.t SLIM Premium Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Galaxy S4 - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging: Cell Phones & Accessories

I just had the guy put a $10 common cheap anti scratch screen protector.

I can't tell it's there.

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I've got one on my S4. I usually put one on my phones. The thought of getting a scratch on this beautiful full HD screen leaves me cold lol After I got my phone I walked straight out of the phone shop and into another store a few yards away and had a screen protector fitted and bought a case.

Posted via my Galaxy s4

MBSMD

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I put a Spigen Glas t Nano Slim on my phone the other day. Virtually invisible. Feels as smooth as the glass screen itself and doesn't get greasy smears like plastic screen protectors often do. Love it.

sharpehenry

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I put a Spigen Glas t Nano Slim on my phone the other day. Virtually invisible. Feels as smooth as the glass screen itself and doesn't get greasy smears like plastic screen protectors often do. Love it.

I've also got the same one. Film kinds have rainbow effect if you don't choose carefully. This protector also can fit into all cases unlike thicker ones. Or get TR series.

Posted via Android Central App

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I am so careful with smartphones my family laugh at me. That being said something happened yesterday that I could not believe I let happen. I had loose gym shorts on with deep pockets,, my note 2 was in pocket. While I was dribbling a basketball the ball hit my pocket in a way that made the phone come up and out,, total fluke. Phone landed on concrete right on screen.. So glad I had a temperd glass screen protector on. All that happened was a very tiny thin scratch on the protector,, barely can see it,, very small.

IT'S TRUE,, SIZE IS EVERYTHING!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoverSpike