Gorilla Glass Victus

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I knew it was all marketing hype. I still get mystery scratches on my screen. I mean I'm used to them since I don't like screen protectors but I thought it'll last a little longer before getting hairline scratches on my screen. Didn't look like I see any difference with this new Gorilla Glass since it doesn't stand the test of time. Oh well. This is just a post to warn others not to depend on this supposed new tech.
bc077c4bdcaf6ce5a8d7964d2fcb154d.jpg

Last edited:

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Glass will scratch and break. Always will. It is glass. It is better against breaking but will still break. I dropped mine twice on Wednesday onto concrete. Once from 3 feet and one from 6. Not a scratch luckily. But glass is glass at the end of the day.

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2020
Visit site
I haven't used a screen protector since the Note9 and haven't had any issues. Don't put the phone in your pocket with other items.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, for the most part I don't scratch screens when unprotected but I have. All it takes is one oppsie where you put the device next to something or a drop that doesnt break the screen but scratches it

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Kinda crazy if you ask me with the cost of these devices it's the smart thing to do also a case is mandatory IMO.
While I agree with you whole-heartedly, for some, using the device naked (or without a screen protector) is what makes the experience for them.

Mike1117

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
I hadn't used a screen protector for years until I put the Whitestone Dome on my Note 9. Then had to change the screen protector several times as it scratched, bubbled or cracked. But the glass on the screen protector isn't as strong as the screen itself so I wonder if I wasn't better off going without it. I don't have one on my Note 20 Ultra.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I use a screen protector to both protect it from drops and scratches as one scratch would send my mild ocd into overdrive and would end up replacing the screen or even buy a new phone if a then fitted after scratching the screen didn't hide it.

My eyes would always be drawn to it !

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I use a screen protector to both protect it from drops and scratches as one scratch would send my mild ocd into overdrive and would end up replacing the screen or even buy a new phone if a then fitted after scratching the screen didn't hide it.

My eyes would always be drawn to it !
This

Umbrokhan

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
I had iPhone 11 for 11 months.
Not even iPhone 11 without screen protector got those kind of scratches. iPhone 11 doesn't even use Gorilla Glass Victus.
Now moved back to Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra

Umbrokhan

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
It's been few years I haven't used screen protector on iPhone or Samsung phones. Even with keys in my pocket, I haven't seen major scratch or deep scratch. Very hard to see scratches have to turn my phone different angle in the light to see it.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I hadn't used a screen protector for years until I put the Whitestone Dome on my Note 9. Then had to change the screen protector several times as it scratched, bubbled or cracked. But the glass on the screen protector isn't as strong as the screen itself so I wonder if I wasn't better off going without it. I don't have one on my Note 20 Ultra.

That's why I don't use screen protectors, they're a pita to install and use, and I've never felt the need for one. I always use a good case though, and good cases come with a lip around the front that does a good job of protecting the screen during a drop.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
That's why I don't use screen protectors, they're a pita to install and use, and I've never felt the need for one. I always use a good case though, and good cases come with a lip around the front that does a good job of protecting the screen during a drop.
I think it comes down to how one feels about hairline scratches.

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Kinda crazy if you ask me with the cost of these devices it's the smart thing to do also a case is mandatory IMO.
Well, you know what they say about opinions.

I use a case. Just no need for a screen protector. Phone is only carried in an empty pocket.

Why does anyone think a screen protector will protect against drops? That never made any sense to me.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
No, cases aren't mandatory and it's not crazy to do things differently from you. Different people are able to accomplish different degrees of safety with their phones. Some drop their phones more than once a month, others less than once a year. If you rarely drop your phones, you can go for literally decades without damaging one, and the cost and inconvenience of decades of cases and screen protectors would add up to more than the cost of repairing any rare damage that occurs without the added protection.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hossjadnn