Got NS4G on the 20th and want SGSII Help!!

Latteart

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
So I went to BB and got the NS4G and am not thrilled with the radio it has. Weak wifi and really poor in house reception called Sprint and they are sending me a Airwave(mini tower) or whatever to hook up in my house for free to keep me as a customer. Well I really want to return the NS4G and get the SGSII the day it launches. The question is how should I handle this? If I assume correctly when I return the phone to BB they will cancel my contract correct? What can I do to return the NS4G and get the SGSII for 2/yr price without ****ing up the Airwave they are sending me?

cpuOahu

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I assume you got the NS4G on the 20th of August. You have 30 days to return the phone. Nothing will be cancelled. You just return the NS4G, get the SGSII and pay the difference. The Airwave probably won't even be an issue.

Reactions: milominderbinde

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
You should be within your 30 days when the phone launches. I don't know what BestBuy's return policy is on mobile so you would need to look into that.
It may be 14 days. Talk to Best Buy now. Safe thing is to return it now. It should have no impact on the Airave but you can call the Airave group and ask.

Latteart

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all the responses guys/gals.

1. I used reward zone points so I have 45 days to return my phone but I know sprint is 30 so I am going with that time frame.

2. I love the NS4G but my back button sticks, screen can be unresponsive, no LED notifications(usually have HTC phone's), speaker is crap, no zoom on camera, etc. Just not satisfied with Sammy's Nexus.

I was just worried about not getting the 199.00 deal and having to pay full price. I can always sell NS4G on craigslist and pay the difference to Sprint if it comes down to that.

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I'll be doing something similar. I confirmed with sprint chat (and saved it of course) that I have 30 days to return the phone. I'll be returning my Moto Photon.

LuckyLucky

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Guess I should say I love Android as an OS but not satisfied with the build quality of NS4G on Sprint.

I got my Nexus S on 7/4...so Im almost two months too late to exchange. :(

Unless there's a nice Sprint Rep that will be extremely nice and let me exchange it.

S_C_B

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all the responses guys/gals.

1. I used reward zone points so I have 45 days to return my phone but I know sprint is 30 so I am going with that time frame.

2. I love the NS4G but my back button sticks, screen can be unresponsive, no LED notifications(usually have HTC phone's), speaker is crap, no zoom on camera, etc. Just not satisfied with Sammy's Nexus.

I was just worried about not getting the 199.00 deal and having to pay full price. I can always sell NS4G on craigslist and pay the difference to Sprint if it comes down to that.

I have some of the same issues with my NS4G. I just factory reset it last night, and now it is smooth like butter. I love the fact Silver members have 45 days to return products, but Best Buy should work something out with the carriers for that to apply to phones and service... :) Just return the phone. As soon as you do, your account will be reset as if you never got a new phone, putting you back in full upgrade eligibility.

Latteart

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
my ns4g performs like its encased in lead :mad:

any worries Samsung is using the same radios in the gs2 as in the nexus

Ya I do have some worries about that but so is the game when you buy a device on release day.

To the guy two spots above....I have reset this device more times than I care to think of and still have the problems. I guess I will have some good reasons to return it.

Another thing, I don't have another Sprint phone to activate in place of the NS4G before I get the SGSII what can I do?

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Be aware that recently Sprint is putting a 30 day wait before reset appears on your account for transactions at non Sprint stores or on line.

Latteart

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Then they just lose a customer. I know Verizon makes you wait 3 days if you cancel within your 30 days to reactivate an account. I can't see them doing that at BB, maybe a mom and pop wireless store but they would be foolish to do that at BB.

QuantamPulse

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I bought my NS4G on Aug. 27 at BB. According to BB, I should have no issues coming in and changing the phone out for the E4GT (assuming they actually carry it :-\). There was no talk of having to wait 30 days before reactivating the line.

Of course mine is a brand new line. Not sure if what you guys are talking about is for upgrades only. New to Sprint so still learning the ins and outs of the service.

Latteart

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Mine is new as well, I didn't think I would have any problems returning it as I used my rewardszone card to get the points.

It sounds like jfenton is getting the run around form a bunch of pricks.