Got ROMs? Flashable ZIPs for your Alltel MAXX!

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Camera doesn't work for me in that CM build. Screen still seems really wonky too. Is the version linked kexec or is there a kexec build of the 3-16 nightly that I missed? Or should I be running the 3-12 build specifically marked kexec?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

iaminflames

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the build from get.cm. They are all kexec now. Camera works fine for me and there is no screen tearing or anything weird. You may need to do a full wipe like I did right before flashing over to the newer kexec builds.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

iaminflames

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
You tried all 4 wipes then reflashed? That's weird I have no issues at all with the ROM other than no flash on camera. Bad download maybe?

Craptorman

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Same deal. Camera force closes and can't wake the phone up if it goes to sleep.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I had the "phone goes to sleep and won't wake up" thing happen as well. I wiped cache and dalvik cache and then fixed permissions and it's been fine since. Camera works fine for me, except flash of course.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Did you do a dirty flash or a full wipe? Been having some random issues with the 3-16 (or 19 or whatever it is, lol) build.

Craptorman

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I always do a full wipe. I was running the 3/16 since the 16th and only issue I had was sometimes 3g would quit working if I was connected to wifi and got out of range of the wifi. Toggling airplane mode would fix it. The slow speed thing was just the market, speedtests and other apps were fine for speed.

iaminflames

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
The 3/23 nightly is running great for me and camera flash works great. I was on the 3/21 build and I just wiped cache and flashed the new nightly and gapps and then the patch.

chairwolf

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Has anybody tried the "Pacman" 4.2.2 rom with the kexec thingy-bobber? Here's a link: Index of /Devs/BkJolly/Spyder

I can load it, but can't get data without an Ntelos patch.

(Paging Captain Chris, paging Captain Chris!!!!) Any chance you could find time to cook us up a patch???? ;)

iaminflames

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Has anybody tried the "Pacman" 4.2.2 rom with the kexec thingy-bobber? Here's a link: Index of /Devs/BkJolly/Spyder

I can load it, but can't get data without an Ntelos patch.

(Paging Captain Chris, paging Captain Chris!!!!) Any chance you could find time to cook us up a patch???? ;)

Yea that's a pretty awesome ROM I installed it without a patch just to check it out. Definitely feature packed.

Craptorman

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I tried out the spyder_PAC_JB_4.2.2-v22.0.1_20130325-123445 build for about an hour. Had 2 times the phone locked up and could not get it to do anything. Had to power-volup-voldown to reboot. Restored my cm10.1 3/23 nightly.

hkennedy9

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I just upgraded my phone from a Milestone X to a Razr Maxx on Alltel. I have flashed my X a million times. So I carefully read your thread on rooting and using roms with your Alltel patches. Well, before I did anything, I did a backup of the stock rom that was successful in safestrap 3.11. I then successfully installed CM10.1 into slot 1 rom. Both stock and CM10 worked just fine. I then downloaded the Razr M with Circle Widgets zip and flashed it on CM10 - slot 1.

Later I decided to flash it on stock, but it was having a "weather not installed error" from the widget and couldn't remove the launcher from settings / app or have the option to change launcher when pressing home screen, so I wanted to remove the launcher with widgets. Couldn't figure it out so I ended up doing a factory reset from within the settings / privacy without touching the internal data. That did not do the trick, so I reset again from settings / privacy, this time wiping internal data. That still didn't work because I still had this launcher, so i went into safestrap 3.11 and wiped caches, factory reset, and system on the stock rom partition, then installed successfully the nandroid backup i did. It booted up, I saw the splash screen, then the safestrap screen.

Then the screen went black and stayed black but the phone was on. For over a half hour, it would briefly vibrate every so often. So I saw on motorola's site to hold down and power for 10-20 seconds to force a reboot. Same thing happens after reboot. So I went back into safestrap and wiped caches, tried again with the same result. Tried again this time wiping all, including internal storage, then restore, then wipe caches again - and retored the backup - same thing. Tried to mount slot 1, but I must have wiped CM10 somewhere in the process. I installed CM10 to slot 1 again and I have no problems booting to that.

My question is, is there someway to restore my stock rom? With my X, I would just run RSD Lite and use a SBF file of the Alltel stock rom, and voila, back to day 1. I see that there is no SBF, but what about this backup I made? It said it was successful when I created it, and shows that it was successfully restored every time. I really want to keep stock, because my experience has been that these roms always seem have issues which lead me back to it (at least with the X).

iaminflames

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Your backup of stock should restore just fine but if you can't get you backup to work I can always post my stock backup online for you

iaminflames

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I miss the ability to sbf too. I was on a milestone x previously as well and there were a few times I had to sbf to fix my mistake. I already made one mistake with safestrap and ended up bricking my first RAZR maxx.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Been crazy at work, guys. I'll hit this thread up when I get home. Alltel just rolled out Jellybean for the S2 so I'm hopeful that the razr is next.

hkennedy9

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I miss the ability to sbf too. I was on a milestone x previously as well and there were a few times I had to sbf to fix my mistake. I already made one mistake with safestrap and ended up bricking my first RAZR maxx.

Were you able to return the first one to Alltel? How did you remove safestrap if it was installed?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OlegHelg