Got ROMs? Flashable ZIPs for your Alltel MAXX!

iaminflames

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Been crazy at work, guys. I'll hit this thread up when I get home. Alltel just rolled out Jellybean for the S2 so I'm hopeful that the razr is next.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Actually alltel didn't release the update for the S2. Samsung came out with a jellybean update for the "generic" cdma S2 which means it will work on any CDMA s2 no matter what carrier you're on. My wife has the s2 and she got a text from alltel saying there was an update and it just links to the Samsung website. The JB update works great on the s2 so I'd be glad to see the same on our maxx.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
They released the update officially a couple of weeks after Samsung released the generic update on their social media accounts and linked to their own site, so that means they were running it through some testing before officially announcing it. So, they are officially distributing it themselves now as well as Samsung. The Verizon update is easy to fix for Alltel, should be a very similar process to what I do with these patches, but we'll see I guess.

hkennedy9

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Sure: its in the descriptions Link to razr m launcher and widget zip. In the video he flashes it and even mentions flashing it to the stock rom.

link in next post

hkennedy9

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Well, I had some success!! I must have trashed my stock rom partition. After thinking and fooling around a bit - I decided to create a slot 2 rom, wiped it, then restored my backup to it. It worked! So, since it appears that the stock slot is messed up, I tried installing CM10.1 to it and the screen still goes black after the safestrap screen. However slot 1 - CM10.1 and slot 2 restore of stock are fine. I guess that confirms my backup was good. What in the world is wrong with this stock slot? I would like to get stock back to where it belongs in case I ever need to send the phone for service, but I guess I can live with it if I have to.

iaminflames, thank you. I will try to restore your backup in the stock slot when you send the link. Thanks everyone for your help.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
After I get off work tonight, I have the next 4 days off work. Good for me, not good for my wallet. PAC patch is on the list. Anything else you guys want?

chairwolf

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't mind an aokp patch I'd like to give that a shot

This and the Pacman patch would be great, thanks Chris!!!

BTW, so far I have not been able to get the JB CM10 4.2.2 rom to work on anything but slot 1 (SS 3.11), even though the newer releases are supposed to work in any slot. Any Maxxers had any luck outside of slot 1?

hkennedy9

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
@ iaminflames - thanks a million! Your backup worked like a charm! I am 100% back to stock and booting on my Stock Slot.

Almost as good as an SBF! Of course the exception being still needing the ability of booting into safestrap, so a complete brick would be out of the question. Then again, can't you restore backups using sdk/adb to push it? If so, maybe we can consider this the SBF/Fastboot equivilant for our beloved Alltel Maxx's.

chairwolf

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
From what I read it still had to be flashed to slot 1.

Maybe I misunderstood the note on the first post here (fifth line under "Changes") [ROM] [CDMA] Official CM10.1 (JB 4.2.2) [03/22: CAMERA FIXES] - DroidRzr.com I thought Hash was saying that it would work in any slot, so I'm wondering if it could be some quirk on my phone.

Interestingly, if I have a DIFFERENT rom in slot 1, and install the JB rom on say, slot 3, and boot the JB rom, it will boot to whatever I have installed on slot 1.

Not a problem, but I'd like to have more than 1 kexec rom going. Right now it looks like they all work only on Slot 1, which means you have to keep re-flashing if you want to switch back and forth. Not complaining, I mean heck, we're on the LEADING EDGE with this stuff. So ya have to go with the flo. I'm just posting to see if what I'm experiencing is the way it's supposed to be, or if I need to fix something.

Overall, this stuff is way cool and I'm having fun with it!!!:)

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
@ iaminflames - thanks a million! Your backup worked like a charm! I am 100% back to stock and booting on my Stock Slot.

Almost as good as an SBF! Of course the exception being still needing the ability of booting into safestrap, so a complete brick would be out of the question. Then again, can't you restore backups using sdk/adb to push it? If so, maybe we can consider this the SBF/Fastboot equivilant for our beloved Alltel Maxx's.

There is a slight chance of being able to open up an ADB shell and using the 'dd' command to write your backup to the phone's memory manually, however, this would still require the ability to boot into Safestrap (unless one of the phone's other recovery modes that are presented when holding Vol+/- and Power has ADB access), but I'm just guessing here.

How about this: nobody break their recovery! :p

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Where is AOKP? I have a patch for BW's version in the OP, and they nor anybody else seems to have posted any sort of an update in quite some time that I can see.

iaminflames

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Where is AOKP? I have a patch for BW's version in the OP, and they nor anybody else seems to have posted any sort of an update in quite some time that I can see.

The RAZR is now an officially supported device for AOKP so updates are at aokp.co

iaminflames

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Hashcode and dhacker are devs for the aokp team and they maintain AOKP and CM for our RAZR.

Craptorman

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
It's my understanding that the CM10.1 builds require it to be on slot#1. I'm running the CM build on slot#1 and the AOKP build in slot#2. AOKP is kexec as well. Dhacker tweeted this the other day, " cm=romslot1 aokp=romslot2 liquid=romslot3 Ubuntu =romslot4".

Also on a side note I succesfully built CM10.1 from source today with all the needed changes for the xt908. I removed some of the lte stuff from the build but found more tonight i'll try to take out. It actually booted and everything worked as it should. APN's for mms filled in by themselves as well, carrier name was not verizon. :) Only thing that sucks is it takes about 2 hours to build. Maybe easier to keep patching.

Last edited:

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I'd LOVE to be able to build these from source instead of keep patching. I did it a couple of times for my Optimus V just for kicks so I'm not totally unfamiliar with the process. If you'd be willing to walk me through it once or twice, I'd love you forever, Once the process is nailed down, I'd find that much easier than making these patches, which clearly can be hit or miss and is generally a PITA.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
youngdaddy3