Got ROMs? Flashable ZIPs for your Alltel MAXX!

chairwolf

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
It's my understanding that the CM10.1 builds require it to be on slot#1. I'm running the CM build on slot#1 and the AOKP build in slot#2. AOKP is kexec as well. Dhacker tweeted this the other day, " cm=romslot1 aokp=romslot2 liquid=romslot3 Ubuntu =romslot4".

Thanks. By AOKP are you referring to Pacman? If not, which slot would it go in?

Craptorman

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I'd LOVE to be able to build these from source instead of keep patching. I did it a couple of times for my Optimus V just for kicks so I'm not totally unfamiliar with the process. If you'd be willing to walk me through it once or twice, I'd love you forever, Once the process is nailed down, I'd find that much easier than making these patches, which clearly can be hit or miss and is generally a PITA.

I'll try out my build from last night and then gather up all my info for you. Should be able get you going.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Okay, PAC patch is in the OP. I think I fixed the Wi-Fi / 3G handoff issue as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, PAC patch is in the OP. I think I fixed the Wi-Fi / 3G handoff issue as well.

Craptorman

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site

Curious what you found?

Also, does Alltel use *86 for voicemail number? My carrier use the 10-digit phone number but the CM and AOKP builds don't let me change it from *86. Trying to find this in the source code but no luck so far.

Last edited:

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, that's what Alltel uses.

P.S. just got a phone FC when trying to make a call on PAC. I advise against using it for the time being.

Craptorman

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Just started a CM10.1 build for the Alltel XT908 for you guys to try. I'll try to have it posted in the morning. If not by then, maybe around dinner time.

@cole2kb - if this build works fine for you I'll put together a how-to for you with all the changes I made. And anyone else that's intersted of course. You could probably start with this guide and try to get your build machine setup.

Craptorman

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Here's a build for ALLTEL XT908 (cm-10.1-20130405-UNOFFICIAL-ALLTEL-spyder). Use the gapps you would with other 4.2.2 builds. Check if 3G and MMS works fine and if you can find anything else that doesn't work. It should have same bugs/features as the spyder XT912 builds. I have just tried to strip out any verizon stuff. Remember to update Voice Search app.

@cole2kb - what was it that you found that fixed the Wi-Fi / 3G handoff issue? I can implement in these builds as well.

All credit and thanks should go to Hashcode, Dhacker and the CM team. Without them we wouldn't have this.

iaminflames

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Here's a build for ALLTEL XT908 (cm-10.1-20130405-UNOFFICIAL-ALLTEL-spyder). Use the gapps you would with other 4.2.2 builds. Check if 3G and MMS works fine and if you can find anything else that doesn't work. It should have same bugs/features as the spyder XT912 builds. I have just tried to strip out any verizon stuff. Remember to update Voice Search app.

@cole2kb - what was it that you found that fixed the Wi-Fi / 3G handoff issue? I can implement in these builds as well.

All credit and thanks should go to Hashcode, Dhacker and the CM team. Without them we wouldn't have this.

Anyway we could get this setup to do nightly builds for alltel? That would be awesome thanks for the build though!

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
It was something in the build.prop that I had been missing. I changed quite a few things, so I couldn't tell you exactly what it was.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Craptorman -- hit me up on GTalk or Skype so we can talk about this. Screen name on both is the same as the one I have here.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Going through our original stock build.prop and yours, along with comparing the PAC patch's build.prop which was working fine except for MMS and the phone FC, here's what I commented out of your build.prop:

commented out ro.config.svlte1x=true
commented out ro.cdma.home.operator.isnan=1
commented out ril.subscription.types=NV,RUIM
commented out ro.cdma.subscribe_on_ruim_ready=true
commented out ro.telephony.ril.v3=writeaidonly

After that, Wi-Fi works after a reboot. After first boot, 3G works fine, but if I reboot, it won't come back and nothing seems to make it work.

Craptorman

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
At work so I'll keep it short. If no 3g goto settings/more/mobile networks/CDMA subscription. This should be set to NV. I notice sometimes mine changes to sim. If you commented out the line in build.prop that has something about sim,NV you may to have his option. I've had no issues with WiFi but will look at your info from above tomorrow.

Sent from my XT908 using Tapatalk 2

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I'll poke at it tonight. If you weren't having WiFi problems it could have been something on my end

Sent from my XT908 using Tapatalk 2

chairwolf

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
It's my understanding that the CM10.1 builds require it to be on slot#1. I'm running the CM build on slot#1 and the AOKP build in slot#2. AOKP is kexec as well. Dhacker tweeted this the other day, " cm=romslot1 aokp=romslot2 liquid=romslot3 Ubuntu =romslot4".

Thanks for this.

Now - dumb question here - is there a way to have Safestrap 3.11 save my roms to SDCARD-EXT (the REAL physical card)? My Maxx's 8gb on-board sdcard can only hold 3 roms with the other stuff on it, but my physical external card has plenty of room.

If it can be done, can someone tell me where the settings are or how to do it?

Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowoverhoe