Got ROMs? Flashable ZIPs for your Alltel MAXX!

iaminflames

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't think its possible...... Yet. I know hash is working on a new safe strap maybe that'll be an option.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Craptorman

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Sorry Chairwolf, been super busy this week, I don't think it's possible either at this time. It sounds like the new safestrap is going to have alot of new features so who knows.

chairwolf

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Sorry Chairwolf, been super busy this week, I don't think it's possible either at this time. It sounds like the new safestrap is going to have alot of new features so who knows.

No problem, I was sick all of last week, so I haven't been doing much. I guess the internal SD is not standard. But if a new SS addresses it, that would be nice. I don't really NEED 4 roms plus the stock, but it would be nice to have the option to use the space I have if I need to try various roms in various slots as we've been discussing with the kexec builds.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
What's everyone running now? Still enjoying that CM10 build for Alltel. 3G and Wi-Fi handoff is iffy but fixable with a couple taps. Other than that, it's a champ. So glad to not be using GoSMS anymore.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
P.S. for all you Alltel kids: wireless tethering works on the CM 10.1 build by Craptorman. Didn't work for me on ANY other ROM or stock before.

chairwolf

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
P.S. for all you Alltel kids: wireless tethering works on the CM 10.1 build by Craptorman. Didn't work for me on ANY other ROM or stock before.

I use an app called "wifi tether for root users " from Google play. works on stock, but that's all I can get to work so far.

Craptorman

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Still running my last build here. I see there is a boat load of changes since my last build!. I like to watch the XT912 threads after a nightly is done to see if they mention any bugs. After the next nightly is up and all looks good I'll do another build and try to get with cole2kb and the rest of ya with a how-to and what I modified. I see they added some world-phone stuff that I can either try with it in there or leave it out if it causes us problems. I think it should be ok leaving it in there. We'll see.

Craptorman

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
WANT TO BUILD CM10.1 FOR ALLTEL RAZR MAXX XT908? SEE BELOW.

Remember, I'm not responsible for what you do to your phone.

All credit and thanks should go to Hashcode, dhacker and Cyanogenmod team. Without them we wouldn't have this.

Start off by following this guide and get a successful spyder build. Once you can build successfully you can add our changes.

1. android_system_vendor_cm.zip - extract this file to android/system/vendor. This is where our APNs are added to the apns-conf.xml file during build.
2. android_system_device_motorola_spyder.zip - extract this file to android/system/device/motorola. In these files is where our model, MMS, carrier name and build.prop are built from.
3. android_system_vendor_motorola.zip - extract this file to android/system/vendor. These files are proprietary files that include RIL and some other files from Cole2kb's patch and some modified files by me to remove some verizon stuff.

Once you have all these files extracted you are ready to do a new build just for Alltel. Before building I always do the following,

make clobber - this will wipe out everything from your previous build
repo sync - this pulls all the latest updates
. build/envsetup.sh
brunch spyder

Enjoy!

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Alright guys, I plan on building and maintaining a ROM for us soon. Big props to Craptorman once again for this. Expect a build Sunday or Monday.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Craptorman, how did you get past installing gcc-4.7-multilib? I'm running Ubuntu 12.04 and it can't seem to find the package. There are a few "solutions" around but nothing specifically related to Android and I know how finicky building from source can be if everything isn't exactly right.

Craptorman

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Craptorman, how did you get past installing gcc-4.7-multilib? I'm running Ubuntu 12.04 and it can't seem to find the package. There are a few "solutions" around but nothing specifically related to Android and I know how finicky building from source can be if everything isn't exactly right.

Not sure, I have had it setup for almost a year now. I'll see what I can come up with after work.

Sent from my XT908 using Tapatalk 2

Craptorman

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried the following? Do you have a screenshoot or copy/paste of the message... Not a real expert with Linux here. Could look at this or try the following.

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-toolchain-r/test
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install gcc-4.7

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Still trying to get a successful download of the source code. Spotty internet and all that. Hopefully I can get a build out this week. If not, it might have to wait until we switch ISPs. Going from 3MBPS DSL to 30MBPS Cable...pretty pumped.

Craptorman

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
FYI, flashed 4/16 CM nightly and getting random reboots and screen won't turn of after it turns off. Looks like the XT912 people are seeing the same issue. I would advise not to flash this nightly.

iaminflames

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
FYI, flashed 4/16 CM nightly and getting random reboots and screen won't turn of after it turns off. Looks like the XT912 people are seeing the same issue. I would advise not to flash this nightly.

Same issues I had. Do not flash the 4/16 nightly its borked!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GodofFire