[GUIDE]How to build Project Panda

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Disclaimer
Please note that Project Panda is a customized version of CyanogenMod / Android Open Source Project (AOSP). Project Panda is NOT supported nor endorsed by Cyanogenmod.

How to build ProjectPanda for your Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Toro) ?

View attachment 45361

Prepare the Build Environment

Install the Android SDK OR find your favorite adb.zip.

Installing required packages (Ubuntu 10.04 - 11.10)
sudo apt-get install git-core gnupg flex bison gperf build-essential zip curl zlib1g-dev libc6-dev lib32ncurses5-dev ia32-libs x11proto-core-dev libx11-dev lib32readline5-dev lib32z-dev libgl1-mesa-dev g++-multilib mingw32 tofrodos python-markdown libxml2-utils xsltproc

On Ubuntu 10.10
sudo ln -s /usr/lib32/mesa/libGL.so.1 /usr/lib32/mesa/libGL.so

On Ubuntu 11.10
sudo apt-get install libx11-dev:i386

Installing required packages (Ubuntu 12.04)
sudo apt-get install git-core gnupg flex bison gperf build-essential zip curl libc6-dev libncurses5-dev:i386 x11proto-core-dev libx11-dev:i386 libreadline6-dev:i386 libgl1-mesa-glx:i386 libgl1-mesa-dev g++-multilib mingw32 openjdk-6-jdk tofrodos python-markdown libxml2-utils xsltproc zlib1g-dev:i386
Create the Directories for the Build Environment
mkdir -p ~/bin mkdir -p ~/android/system

Sync the Repo
Enter the following to download make the repo binary executable: curl https://dl-ssl.google.com/dl/googlesource/git-repo/repo > ~/bin/repo chmod a+x ~/bin/repo

NOTE: A reboot of the computer may be necessary for the above changes to be recognized.

Initialize and Sync the Repo
cd ~/android/system/repo init -u git://github.com/ProjectPanda/android.git -b ics repo sync -j4

Sync Relevant Repositories
By default, The Panda Project 2.0 only syncs the core android repositories and none of the device or kernel trees to save both bandwidth and time. Run the following command to sync the necessary components for the device: . build/envsetup.sh && breakfast toro

Copy Proprietary Files
NOTE: This only needs to be run once. This step requires possession of the Toro with a working copy of CyanogenMod 9 installed and ADB working on the computer. This script will copy the proprietary files from the device. Connect the device to the computer and run the following commands: cd ~/android/system/device/samsung/toro/./extract-files.sh

Download Prebuilts
Downloaded Prebuilts are needed by the build: ~/android/system/vendor/cm/get-prebuilts

Building Project Panda

Check for Updates
First, check for updates in the source: cd ~/android/system/repo sync

Configure Build & Compile
Now, the environment must be configured for the build process and then begin compilation for the Toro. . build/envsetup.sh && brunch toro

Pickup your Build!
  1. Copy the .zip file from ~/android/system/out/target/product/toro/cm-9-XXXXX-UNOFFICIAL-toro.zip to the root of the SD card.
  2. Optional: Download Google Apps for CyanogenMod and place it on the root of the SD card.
  3. Flash both of these .zip files from recovery.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
It would be great if we could get a little more detail as to what Project Panda is/does. Maybe a little sales pitch? I get that is a customized version of CM, but what about it is better or different...more customizations, new features, new tools???

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
It would be great if we could get a little more detail as to what Project Panda is/does. Maybe a little sales pitch? I get that is a customized version of CM, but what about it is better or different...more customizations, new features, new tools???

It's mostly to give the unsupported devices, access to CyanogenMod features, but I am working on some kernel code changes. I'm not an engineer, but I'm good with a little coding. . .

Sent from my Epic 4G Touch using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olyria10