gyroscope

caroline456

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Hey all,
My gyroscope and sensors are no longer working on my galaxy s5. inhibiting my screen rotation and camera features and video watching, etc. I've run a test on the gyroscope sensors which has failed. I recently updated androis, but I also recently dropped my phone and had to have the screen replaced, though screen rotation did work when I first got the phone back from the shop. Any recommendations on how to fix this issue? Thanks.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That's a tough one, because something they did while repairing it could have caused the sensors to fail later - like pinching a cable that didn't short out for a while. The phone definitely has to go back on the bench for testing and a good looking at, but be VERY nice when you ask if something they did could have caused it. If they're honest, they'll check the phone out without charging you and either fix what they broke or tell you what needs replacing (that just happened to go bad after the repair and for which you'll have to pay).

srayjacobs

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I had the same thing happen.It just stopped working. Didn't have a screen replaced. Went to best buy then to the Verizon store, and they both worked on it but ended up with a new phone. So they do just go bad. Mine did anyway.

Galaxy S5

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emii