Has Anybody Found an Adapter to Connect LG G5 to HDMI by Wired HDMI?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Hi. Not at all interested in wireless connection so please refrain from wireless options.

Has ANYBODY successfully connected G5 to tv by HDMI? What adapter did you use? There is a guy that did it on Youtube but it is in a foreign language so I don't understand!

Thanks!

metllicamilitia

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
XDA has numerous people connecting, there a few USB-C dongles for HDMI out, it would appear that even Apple's USB-C/HDMI dongle will work.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
XDA has numerous people connecting, there a few USB-C dongles for HDMI out, it would appear that even Apple's USB-C/HDMI dongle will work.
I couldn't find a single one who said sound and picture worked well. I did look and posted in thread there. One guy said he got 14 fps which was unwatchable

I called LG. What a joke. He said TV manufacturer should give you cable. I said I have an LG tv and there is no adapter. I asked for escalated tech support he connected me to LG Accessories. They tried to sell me a regular hdmi cable.

Nobody here try the Apple adapter?

metllicamilitia

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't find a single one who said sound and picture worked well. I did look and posted in thread there. One guy said he got 14 fps which was unwatchable

I called LG. What a joke. He said TV manufacturer should give you cable. I said I have an LG tv and there is no adapter. I asked for escalated tech support he connected me to LG Accessories. They tried to sell me a regular hdmi cable.

Nobody here try the Apple adapter?

According to LG, it just needs to support UHD. Past that, I doubt even LG would help.

metllicamilitia

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
He never mentioned UHD. There are many devices the claim to work but I cannot find an instance where one does. One guy on XDA said apple works another said it does not.

All I'm saying is that this is from the LG G5 User Manual,

"When you connect the device with Type C-HDMI adaptor or HDMI cable, you can view the UHD video on the TV, projector, or monitor. You need the UHD supporting adaptor and HDMI cable for UHD output."

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
All I'm saying is that this is from the LG G5 User Manual,

"When you connect the device with Type C-HDMI adaptor or HDMI cable, you can view the UHD video on the TV, projector, or monitor. You need the UHD supporting adaptor and HDMI cable for UHD output."
Thank you very much. I am looking for someone who is actually done it successfully so I know exactly which cable or bongle to buy. I appreciate your help but has anyone actually done it successfully?

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
I found a video on youtube where a guy shows that official apple usb type c to hdmi and usb adapter works with lg g5, but the phone doesn't charge even when charger is plugged in the adapter (subtitles available in english in the video)
https://youtu.be/UpMgoOcqPLk?t=65
As you can see on the slimport website, the official usb type c to hdmi adapter will come in october 2016
SlimPort supported devices
I prefer to wait a little bit and have the official working with charge adapter rather than doing a trick that doesn't work very well with the apple one

Dustin Sim

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi. Not at all interested in wireless connection so please refrain from wireless options.

Has ANYBODY successfully connected G5 to tv by HDMI? What adapter did you use? There is a guy that did it on Youtube but it is in a foreign language so I don't understand!

Thanks!

I got the Aukey model CB-C37 USB-C TO HDMI. It works good, i have it to watch movies and netflix on hotel tvs using my LG G5. On some tvs you have to adjust the picture size or else it cuts a small strip out of the left and right side of the picture. After the adjustment the picture is good and sound is perfect. Must plug it in with the tv off or it is glitchy. It was around $10 on amazon.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I got the Aukey model CB-C37 USB-C TO HDMI. It works good, i have it to watch movies and netflix on hotel tvs using my LG G5. On some tvs you have to adjust the picture size or else it cuts a small strip out of the left and right side of the picture. After the adjustment the picture is good and sound is perfect. Must plug it in with the tv off or it is glitchy. It was around $10 on amazon.
How do you adjust the tv?

taco-man

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
I tried this Tripp Lite USB-C to HDMI cable, but I can't get it to work. I went into the developer options and "Select USB Configuration" to MTP. When I plug the phone into the cable, a notification comes up to address USB configuration. I choose File Transfer. Then it tries to connect, then says connection failed. When I look at the notification again, it has gone back to "Charging" again (instead of "File Transfer").

I'd like to know if anyone has a solution to this.

fatclue_98

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
This may help some, or all, of you. I've been perusing the interwebz for a compatible dock when I ran across this:

Android

After installing this app I was able to use the generic USB-C x HDMI, USB and USB-C dongle that I've been using for Continuum on my Windows phone. It had never worked prior to installing this app and I had to always use Miracast. No Mas!!