Has anyone heard about pre ordering from Best Buy?

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Its still not on their website! I guess you have to preorder via the actual store pr by phone. I havent tryied to do that yet.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Any reason why pre-ordering from BB or AT&T is better? New to Android and curious if there's any advantage (exclusive deals?, Better return policy?, etc).

Well I know when you pre-order with Sprint, you pay the entire amount of the cost. With BestBuy, you pay $50 to hold the phone and when it comes in, you pay the remaining. At least, thats how it was with my last phone (Epic 4G).

dswatson83

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I'll be going to best buy because I purchased my Evo LTE there and I want to trade it for the GSIII. I'm pretty sure BB lets you have 30 days to swap phones. I got mine on the 24th of May so I should be good (barely).

harriskathym

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
Just called my Best Buy and they are taking pre-orders for the Sprint one at least starting today. They are making you pay a 50.00 deposit and they put it on a gift card so I am heading there after work to put in my hubby's order in for the Pebble Blue 32g one.:)

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Just called my Best Buy and they are taking pre-orders for the Sprint one at least starting today. They are making you pay a 50.00 deposit and they put it on a gift card so I am heading there after work to put in my hubby's order in for the Pebble Blue 32g one.:)

Isn't that great!! Sprint should do this as well. Take $50 now for pre-order and then when they ship it to you, deduct the remaining. No, they just take the whole amount up front!!

Ezduzit

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
The preorders started today for all carriers, sprint and at&t will have the 16gb in store, 32gb online only, verizon will have both available in store.T-Mobile will have to be ordered and shipped to home.

Sent from my hayabusa!

danibal

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I'll be going to best buy because I purchased my Evo LTE there and I want to trade it for the GSIII. I'm pretty sure BB lets you have 30 days to swap phones. I got mine on the 24th of May so I should be good (barely).

I wasn't taking any chances with this. I too got my phone on the 24th, however with the fiasco that was the LTEVO being delayed, I wasn't taking any chances and returned my LTEVO (and made money, they gave me the promotional gift card as part of the return). If the GS3 is delayed even a few days it'll put you past the 30 days (the 23rd) and you won't be able to swap it. With that said, I don't think there will be a fiasco, but I didn't want to take a chance. Back to my OG Epic for a couple of weeks.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

Did they say that will carry all variants, meaning blue and white, 32 and 16 gb model?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

donntiger

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I called my local Best Buy and they said they were not going to be doing any pre-orders for the GSIII.They said the same thing about my EVO 4G LTE.And then the next day it shows up online for pre-order.I guess we just have to keep a eye on the website.It seems like you get a different answer depending on what store you call or go into. :confused:

xemtra

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
BB already sent out a news feed. they are taking pre orders for all carriers as of Today June 5th
RSS Content - BBY.com

Best Buy Launches Pre-Sale of Samsung Galaxy S III

Best Buy today launched a pre-sale of the Samsung Galaxy S III, across three networks – Sprint, AT&T and Verizon Wireless. The pre-sale is available in all Best Buy big box locations and the 334 Best Buy Mobile standalone stores across the country.

The Samsung Galaxy S III features Android™ 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich), has a 4.8-inch HD Super AMOLED™ touchscreen, a Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 1.5 GHz dual core CPU and 2GB of internal RAM.

Best Buy offers consumers the choice of any carrier, any phone, any plan with lots of unbiased advice at all of the Best Buy and Best Buy Mobile stores. In addition, it features an array of services aimed at improving customers' experience, including Walk Out Working, Upgrade Checker, Happy 24 and a full array of accessories for customers to protect and personalize their new mobile devices.

Reactions: Ezduzit

Tha Capn

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I called my local best buy about the sprint version and they told me that they were only doing the pre-orders for the 16gb in either color.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Sent my dad to Best Buy to preorder it... Ofcourse he got the wrong color -__- lol. Its okay, Im just glad to have it. Blue might actually look better anyway.

harriskathym

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
Did they say that will carry all variants, meaning blue and white, 32 and 16 gb model?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Sprint will only be putting out the 16g. Verizon is the only carrier that will have a 32g. That is according to Best Buy, they showed me the pre order screen too. So I ordered the Pebble Blue 16g for Hubby and we will just get at 64 g sd card. Had to put down the 50.00 for the deposit/gift card, but he has the 50.00 from the phone freedom and my 50.00 gift card from getting my EVO 4G LTE 2 weeks ago. May still see if I can do the trade in for my old EVO and save a couple more dollars, if not the Sprint store told me to bring it in and they would take it back and give me credit on my bill. It's all good....on the 21st, Hubby will get his new phone.:D

bauer2

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Sprint will only be putting out the 16g. Verizon is the only carrier that will have a 32g. That is according to Best Buy, they showed me the pre order screen too. So I ordered the Pebble Blue 16g for Hubby and we will just get at 64 g sd card. Had to put down the 50.00 for the deposit/gift card, but he has the 50.00 from the phone freedom and my 50.00 gift card from getting my EVO 4G LTE 2 weeks ago. May still see if I can do the trade in for my old EVO and save a couple more dollars, if not the Sprint store told me to bring it in and they would take it back and give me credit on my bill. It's all good....on the 21st, Hubby will get his new phone.:D

I think you can get the 32 online from sprint but not BB.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums