Help - Want to revert back to 2.1 and/or de-brick your X

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I can't seem to find the link to RSD lite, just the SBF file.
what am i missing?

EDIT: Nevermind, it's in the zip. I was expecting a second link.

Last edited:

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Help. My RSD Lite is not seeing the SBF file. My phone is connected to my computer in bootloader mode and I don't know what to do next.

Well, I went ahead and did a battery pull to get out of bootloader. If anyone can let me know how to do this correctly -- so that RSD Lite DOES see the SBF file -- I would appreciate it. (Vista user, btw.)

Do you have your drivers installed properly? You can check it by plugging your phone into your PC and having it in USB Connection: PC Mode, then once its all done setting up go to your device manager (you can just type it into the start menu on your Vista program bar) and check to make sure there's no devices with a red or yellow mark near them. If everything looks ok, next put your phone into USB Debugging mode. Once its done setting p one last time check through device manager again and see that there's no red or yellow marked devices.

If that's all set you should be able to boot the phone into the bootloader and have it detected in RSD Lite. Good luck

Edit: I recommend you look at my post, #25 on this page, and try that. I thought you meant you couldn't detect your phone in RSD Lite, not the actual sbf file itself. That post should resolve your problem.

Last edited:

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
My computer/rsd lite is not seeing the sbf file, any ideas why it does not recognise it?
Thanks,
Oide

You most likely are trying to use the small sbf_flash file which is in the main folder when you open the zip file. This is the sbf_flash thats needed if you are trying to flash your phone on Linux. I included it so that this one file can be used for all users trying to flash their phone, without having to search around for missing files.

You need to extract the large (430mb) file that looks like this:

Phoxus_-_Droid_X_Gift.zip.

You open that zip and inside is a file called:

VRZ_MB810_1.13.6.2_1FF_01.sbf

THIS is the correct flash file and you should extract and use this file with RSD Lite once your phone is detected and listed.

Let me know how this turns out for you as I'm pretty sure this is where you're stuck. Good luck

thanks for the excellent walkthru DaRkL3AD3R - reverted back last night w/o a hitch thanks to you. :)

No problem!

Savvra

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Is the "stock" 2.1 System Version 1.13.604.MV810.Verizon.en.US ? This was the first and last time I try an early upgrade. I'm not rooted so I didn't think it would be this crazy "bad."

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Is the "stock" 2.1 System Version 1.13.604.MV810.Verizon.en.US ? This was the first and last time I try an early upgrade. I'm not rooted so I didn't think it would be this crazy "bad."

Correct thats the latest official system build.

The whole process can be very overwhelming. Especially if you are unfamiliar with things like device drivers, debugging software and zip archive extraction etc. At least the option is there to get back, you could be shafted by Motorola and permanently stuck on leaked 2.2 :p

gizzyman

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
this is what the error log says

13:48:12, August 31, 2010
Line: 865
ERROR: \\?\c:\vrz_mb810_1.13.6.2_1ff_01.sbf?? contains an invalid path.
File: D:\test_dev_usb\flash\code\flashdll\PST_FP_FlashFileIO.cpp

Line: 542
ERROR: The superfile specified does not exist
File: D:\test_dev_usb\flash\code\flashdll\FlashHdlr.cpp
Device ID: 0

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site

Did you copy the pst_flash.ini file to the RSD Lite directory? It's included in the RSDLite 4.7 + Patch zip file.

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

When I ran into errors with this, I completely started over. Reinstalled RSDLite, put the patch file in there and ran it all again after a fresh wipe and then it took it for me.

I'm not saying that you have to go through all that, but that's what worked for me. I figured it wasn't all that hard to just uninstall and reinstall RSDLite and go through it all again.

gizzyman

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
just did this also

When I ran into errors with this, I completely started over. Reinstalled RSDLite, put the patch file in there and ran it all again after a fresh wipe and then it took it for me.

I'm not saying that you have to go through all that, but that's what worked for me. I figured it wasn't all that hard to just uninstall and reinstall RSDLite and go through it all again.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Something seems very messed up on your end gizzy. What is drive D:\? Is it a secondary hard drive? A cd-rom? Your phones mass storage?

Whatever the problem is its got to do with files on that drive. And the file itself, it doesn't really have those 2 ??'s at the end of it does it?

gizzyman

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
thats what is wierd, those are not my paths, I am running it from c:/droid

Something seems very messed up on your end gizzy. What is drive D:\? Is it a secondary hard drive? A cd-rom? Your phones mass storage?

Whatever the problem is its got to do with files on that drive. And the file itself, it doesn't really have those 2 ??'s at the end of it does it?

gizzyman

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I am going to use a older computer running win7 (32bit) and download from a different site then the other, see if that solves it

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I get the feeling the file is corrupt. I think those files and paths you're seeing are the extracted files in a temporary location from the flash sbf. Let us know what happens when you redownload it. Also, make sure when extracting it you let it go through all the way and the files fully copied before exiting the zip file/winrar/7zip or whatever zip extractor you use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia