Help - Want to revert back to 2.1 and/or de-brick your X

liv4muddin

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I just did my wife's and my phone and it worked great. After the software download i had to do a battery pull and factory reset because they both were stuck in boot loop, but other than that no problems at all. I did this on a windows 64-bit. Thanks a million! True lifesaver!

Greymire

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Dumb Question

Dumb question, but why do you need to do all this. If you flashed the leak Cant you just do a manual install with the update zip file once the official update it is out?

Last edited:

av8rdude

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
My computer/rsd lite is not seeing the sbf file, any ideas why it does not recognise it?
Thanks,
Oide

If the "Start" button remains greyed out....I have the solution. Load RSDLite and select the location of the sbf file BEFORE you connect the phone via USB.

I had this problem and could not figure out why the Start button would never work. The file was fine...the phone showed connected. But start was not an option. Then I unplugged the phone...ran RSD...selected the sbf file location and Start was available. Then plugged in the phone in bootloader mode and everything worked!

Cheers:cool:

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Dumb question, but why do you need to do all this. If you flashed the leak Cant you just do a manual install with the update zip file once the official update it is out?

Read this:

http://www.androidcentral.com/motorola-warns-droid-x-users-not-upgrade-leaked-froyo

Thats why you have to flash back from leaked 2.2. Either that or if you messed with your phone and just want to start from a clean safe state.

And to the rest of you guys who got it working smoothly, glad I could help! :)

Greymire

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Read this:

http://www.androidcentral.com/motorola-warns-droid-x-users-not-upgrade-leaked-froyo

Thats why you have to flash back from leaked 2.2. Either that or if you messed with your phone and just want to start from a clean safe state.

And to the rest of you guys who got it working smoothly, glad I could help! :)

I did read it. But it still does not address that. There is no update path. It will not give you notice or auto update. I can not imagine an update zip failing as it just overwrites everything then extracts and loads the files. I may be wrong. they may have put something in that will make it fail

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

I would assume so. Plus if they get it rooted, they'll probably post an official froyo build that is rooted in update.zip format.

And if it's not the case, then there's always the roll back method if, for whatever reason, you really wanted the official.

jasonrellis

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
If the "Start" button remains greyed out....I have the solution. Load RSDLite and select the location of the sbf file BEFORE you connect the phone via USB.

I had this problem and could not figure out why the Start button would never work. The file was fine...the phone showed connected. But start was not an option. Then I unplugged the phone...ran RSD...selected the sbf file location and Start was available. Then plugged in the phone in bootloader mode and everything worked!

Cheers:cool:

I tried this and the start button is still greyed out for me. Starting to get really frustrated. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

odiej34

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
You most likely are trying to use the small sbf_flash file which is in the main folder when you open the zip file. This is the sbf_flash thats needed if you are trying to flash your phone on Linux. I included it so that this one file can be used for all users trying to flash their phone, without having to search around for missing files.

You need to extract the large (430mb) file that looks like this:

Phoxus_-_Droid_X_Gift.zip.

You open that zip and inside is a file called:

VRZ_MB810_1.13.6.2_1FF_01.sbf

THIS is the correct flash file and you should extract and use this file with RSD Lite once your phone is detected and listed.

Let me know how this turns out for you as I'm pretty sure this is where you're stuck. Good luck

No problem!
My bad,not enough sleep and no patience. I extracted the wrong file. Great directions and thanks a million!

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Windows Vista 32bit

Honestly, I would delete RSD Lite and re-download everything from RootzWiki and go through all their steps over again.

I know it sounds like a PITA but every time that someone has said that it didn't work for them, there was always a step that they missed or the download was bad or something like that.

I would just start over and follow the instructions to a T.

I'd also boot into recovery first and wipe everything prior to this and after too.

gwtiff54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the directions. Reverted back to 2.1. It was very easy. Thanks so much. Now Im just waiting for the official 2.2.